Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you have Crafted!

Parfait

New in Town
Made this little Western/Cowboy shirt for my baby! We found a baby cowboy hat while we were out shopping, and then I found this super cute cowboy cotton print, so I knew making this shirt was next on my list of things to make!

westsm1.jpg

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Parfait said:
Made this little Western/Cowboy shirt for my baby! We found a baby cowboy hat while we were out shopping, and then I found this super cute cowboy cotton print, so I knew making this shirt was next on my list of things to make!

westsm1.jpg

That is simply ADORABLE!

vintage_jayhawk

One of the Regulars
Parfait said:

westsm1.jpg

Too cute!! I love it!

crwritt

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
Aw thanks ladies, they were real fun to do. Im an intensely project oriented person, so all the details are the jewels for me. To finish the presentation, I originally wanted to wrap the shipping boxes in twine (to cover the plain brown paper wrapping), but the post office would not let me :rage:

Rachel, that bag is so cute. You should make one with a petticoat next ;)

LD

Yes, the postal service is very mechanized now, even handwritten addresses slow things down. Brown paper and twine were abandoned years ago. You want you package to arrive at its destination, not get caught up in some postal machinery.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Babydoll said:
We have two family names picked - his great uncle's/grandpa's name for a boy, and his grandma's/my mom's name for a girl. Hopefully baby will cooperate and we'll know which one will be used later this week. :)

We'll be using the female name. It's a girl!

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
shawl pins

I wasn't certain where to post these, as the 'show what you've made' seems mostly sewing, so I thought this might be the most appropriate place. A friend of mine dyes her own fibers, and sells them, and asked me to make some shawl pins to offer on her website. I've been making pendants in a deco/nouveau/Craftsman vein, which she'd like, and wanted the pins styled similarly.
Here are the first two:
3973459860_9ccdb8012d.jpg

3972719439_4b5b9d1cf5.jpg

Snookie

Practically Family
This canteen cover looks great, LD! Love the fabric and button choice, and the embroidery is a nice touch. I don't use a canteen, but I'd buy this cozy if I did!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks ladies.
I liked making it. It was challenging, I tried not to show any construction stitches of the sleeve itself and was successful, woo hoo! :D

LD

vintage_jayhawk

One of the Regulars
ThesFlishThngs said:
I wasn't certain where to post these, as the 'show what you've made' seems mostly sewing, so I thought this might be the most appropriate place. A friend of mine dyes her own fibers, and sells them, and asked me to make some shawl pins to offer on her website. I've been making pendants in a deco/nouveau/Craftsman vein, which she'd like, and wanted the pins styled similarly.
Here are the first two:
3973459860_9ccdb8012d.jpg

3972719439_4b5b9d1cf5.jpg

These are so cool! Those would look great on a sweater too!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Finished crocheting Baby's first afghan.

S5002314.jpg

S5002324.jpg

S5002313.jpg

I only used a pattern to make the pineapple squares. Made the grannie squares from memory (taught to make them around age 10, but don't make them anymore). Made up the edging. I think it turned out great! We'll most likely be using it to bring her home from the hospital. :)

And I'm tired of crocheting now. Moving on to make a big girl quilt for her to put away until she's older.

(Yes, I'm already nesting. This will be a loooong winter!)

Antje

One Too Many
sixsexsix said:
i made this headband last spring to wear to a wedding
IMG_3695.jpg

and here it is in action
3150_92634771418_509211418_2499872_.jpg

great headband, I always had an idea to make a headband or hat or so, but I never come to it.
I have all the materials, I only have to get started.

and Lady Day, what a handy thing ( I don't know what to call it) you made

Lorena B

Practically Family
sixsexsix said:
i made this headband last spring to wear to a wedding
IMG_3695.jpg

and here it is in action
3150_92634771418_509211418_2499872_.jpg
That's beautiful Mich!!!, you also looked really nice too, i like that dress that you are wearing, it has that 20's-30's air.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Made my pubby, Georgia a new dog bed.

pubby.jpg

I wasnt going to pay $100+ for a large dog bed. I bought a 6' long piece of seat foam for $25 and used some durable twill I had to cover it. 15 vintage plastic buttons keep it closed (I didnt have a zipper long enough). She likes it, but still wants to sleep on the couch. Dogs.

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy