Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you have Crafted!

Kim_B

Practically Family
You gals can kick me out for posting this completely non-vintage project, but I was just so proud I had to share it with some one...I know it isn't perfect by any means, but this is the first thing I've ever made using my sewing machine!

It's a little leopard print clutch/wallet I made...didn't really use a pattern, which is why I had so much trouble with the uneven aspects (you can see on the bottom side that's showing where it didn't quite match up to the lining/outer piece) It definitely looks better all folded up!

AllFoldedUp.jpg

Pockets.jpg

Kim_B

Practically Family
Nothing vintage has been made yet...

...but I make way too many things and wanted to share with other who might appreciate them! These are two prayer beads I made last night/this morning...

St. Gerard Chaplet, patron Saint of expectant mothers or those wishing to conceive (made for a good friend who is having a lot of trouble getting pregnant):
StGerard.jpg

A Peace Chaplet (made for my Grandmother, I think):
Peace_Chaplet-1.jpg

I don't really subscribe to any particular denomination, but I figure if these little prayer beads can bring some hope and peace to the lives of my loved ones, far be it for me to judge. I loved making them, and think they are so beautiful. I have some awesome jade I'm going to be using for another Peace Chaplet. The nice thing about those, is you can make them and use them for anything - religious offerings or just to meditate. Anyway...that's my craftiness for the weekend.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Kim B, those are wonderful. Im not Catholic, but Ive always dig the idea that a sacred ornament could channel a power of some sort (just not crystals...:eek: ) for its holder. Those are lovely.

LD

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
As previously mentioned I can't sew worth a darn but I did make these:

20851451_l.jpg

It's important when making flower barrettes that you use the right glue. :)

Kim_B

Practically Family
Those are lovely, Pink Dahlia. I recently bought some silk flowers to make a couple barettes - my hubby laughed at me when he saw the rose peeking out of the bag. He teased me, saying, if I really wanted flowers that bad, all I had to do was say the word and he'd buy me real ones. lol I told him that would take all the fun out of it ;)

And thanks for the kind words, ladies.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Awesome projects ladies!!
Pink Dahlia, those clips are wonderful. Where did you buy your flowers? I think finding soft pretty ones like yours is the hardest part!
Nikki

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
Kim_B said:
...but I make way too many things and wanted to share with other who might appreciate them! These are two prayer beads I made last night/this morning...

St. Gerard Chaplet, patron Saint of expectant mothers or those wishing to conceive (made for a good friend who is having a lot of trouble getting pregnant):
StGerard.jpg

A Peace Chaplet (made for my Grandmother, I think):
Peace_Chaplet-1.jpg

I don't really subscribe to any particular denomination, but I figure if these little prayer beads can bring some hope and peace to the lives of my loved ones, far be it for me to judge. I loved making them, and think they are so beautiful. I have some awesome jade I'm going to be using for another Peace Chaplet. The nice thing about those, is you can make them and use them for anything - religious offerings or just to meditate. Anyway...that's my craftiness for the weekend.

OH MY GOSH! I would LOVE one of those! do you make em and sell them?
i know I should probably not ask on here.. but that is just sooooo cool.
I would love the patron saint of mothers... blast, I cant remeber the saint, I will have to go look it up!
those are awesome!
I am catholic, so i am totally into that!!!!:eek:fftopic:

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Pink Dahlia said:
As previously mentioned I can't sew worth a darn but I did make these:

20851451_l.jpg

It's important when making flower barrettes that you use the right glue. :)

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of glue do you find works for floral barrettes/clips? I haven't had much luck with making them. When I make them, they tend to want to fall apart! (Usually, at the most inconvienient time possible!):eek:

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
I made...

A boring curtain....to replace the mini blinds that were covering the huge lovely glass panel in my front door.

IMG_0339.jpg

and a close up of the fabric...which was donated to the cause by the ever lovely and fabric hoarding Lauren

IMG_0341.jpg

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
Kimberly said:
At some point I would love to learn how to really sew but I am taking baby steps. It is actually very relaxing. I am going to be quitting smoking later this month and I am going to substitute it with sewing because it will take my mind off of it and give me something to do with my hands.

knitting or crocheting are excellent activities for this as well, and they're portable!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Joie DeVive said:
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of glue do you find works for floral barrettes/clips? I haven't had much luck with making them. When I make them, they tend to want to fall apart! (Usually, at the most inconvienient time possible!):eek:

I had a terrible time finding glue that would hold. For these I used E6000. It's the best I've found but pieces still fall off.

Here's a pic:

E6000.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana