Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you have Crafted!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
DSCF0549.jpg

This is just too cute AAE!

:D

LD

glass susie

New in Town
I made the curtains for our VW kombi. Not exactually rocket science but I'm proud of them!
My husband, Mike1973, chose the material.
The bus is 1959 so I think the material is 1950esq but I wanted to go more retro but he wouldn't have it!
curtains018.jpg

curtains005.jpg

curtains009.jpg

Mike then completely out-did me and made the cushion covers, pipeing & all!

newfloor.jpg

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Wow! That is amazing! I'm very impressed with both of your sewing jobs!

My sweetie just bought a 1957 station wagon and is looking to me to redo the upholstery or at least create some slipcovers. I can't lie--I'm a tad nervous about them. Yoinks!

Amelie

A-List Customer
ok it's not very esthetically exciting, but it is practically :D

I made this brush roll yesterday out of some fabric I already had home. It took me an hour or two to do it, and cost me a big 0$, which is great since all the rolls have seen that interested me were more than 30 $ :D

brushrollvi0.jpg

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Amelie said:
ok it's not very esthetically exciting, but it is practically :D

I made this brush roll yesterday out of some fabric I already had home. It took me an hour or two to do it, and cost me a big 0$, which is great since all the rolls have seen that interested me were more than 30 $ :D

brushrollvi0.jpg

Its great...I have been thinking about making one ....is that fabric satiny?

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Amelie said:
Thanks! It's a kind of heavy satin, thick enough to cover chairs or things like that

ahh cool...couldn't quite tell if it was that or if it was a more coated fabric like a tablecloth....either would work I suppose, but the Satin is just way more nice and posh...

D....plotting and Scheming

Nashoba

One Too Many
I love that brush carrier thingy. I keep thinking about making one...but my list of things to make is so long right now. If I didn't have 40 orders for flags sitting on my desk driving me crazy.....sigh. I need to find more time to sew stuff for me....I keep meaning to get around to taking some pics of the stuff I HAVE made now that I have my dress form (yippie) but I can't ever remember and when I do I'm doing something else. Funny how I'm able to find time for the lounge.....

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Its super cool. I always find its harder to get around to functional sewing instead of that pretty dress just screaming to be made lol

LD

Amelie

A-List Customer
it's thrue! the last thing I am going to do is curtains! I hate to do them, it's so plain >< What kept me alive here, is that it's still a bit cute, and I am needing a case for my New York trip this week end lol
(and the fact that all the dresses projects I have in mind require me to fix some patterns, which I hate to do lol)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I make a lot of stuff, but not clothes, since I can't sew for the life of me. Here are some other items, though...

clock1.jpg

it's hard to tell on this clock, but the dice are black, silver, purple, or glittery, with rhinestones in the holes of some of them....
recordclock.jpg

a roller derby leg lamp:
finishedlamp1.jpg

litlamp.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I also make jewelry under the name Kitty's Curios. I haven't done anything with this lately, for lack of time, but I mean to. Really!

hair barette:
barette.jpg

dots.jpg

vintageearrings.jpg

and the necklace i'm wearing in this pic:
barrel_curls.jpg

These items are all bottlecaps. I also have jewelry (and keychains) I make out of dominos and soda tabs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112