Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you have Crafted!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Also, I didn't "make" this per se, but it is a fine piece of handiwork... my bedroom! The previous resident was a longtime smoker and the cleanup and painting was a very long and tedious process!

before:
dirtywalls.jpg

after:
finished4.jpg

finished2.jpg

more at http://stargazer.mortis.org/DIY/pinkroom/index1.html

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Thora Zine said:
Oh Kitty! Everything you've made is so cool, I love the 1st clock and the bottlecap jewelry is so clever! Where can I buy a pair of earrings?

hey Thora, thanks for your interest!

If you want a pair of earrings, I'd be happy to make you a pair. I can do them with the french wires like the ones shown, or if you prefer lever-backs or some other earring style, I can do that too.

For the vintage caps, I put a clear glaze over the painted design to keep it from scratching. If you want a vintage cap style, here are the ones I have
vintagecaps.jpg

Or if you want fun ones, I can use any kind of decorative paper - I have polka dots, gingham, flames, and can do stars or other designs (including designs from playing cards, if you want earrings with spades on them or something), if you have something in mind :)

Feel free to PM me (I just wanted to throw some of this info out there, in case anyone else is interested, though someone should let me know if this is inappropriate for FL) and we'll work something out. (btw, the earrings are <$10, depending on the cap style)

kitty

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Kitty you do awesome work! I love the record clock with dice and rhinestones. Your room looks fabulous.. the matt/satin stripes and tedius trim... you're a real trooper! I LOVE room redos. Looks like your house has great details.
Nikki

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Wow wow wow Kitty T! I love it. What a great room redux. Even with those few pictures I can totally tell what the new.

I love the bottlecap jewelry. Any chance you could do a bracelet of them? I'm not really an earring girl.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Ladies,

If anyone wants to inquire about having KittyT (and who wouldn't, I love the bottlecap stuff myself!) or for that matter anyone else who makes stuff, make something for them, can you please just PM the person in question and do all the wheeling and dealing there?

Thanks for understanding.

Dad's Blanket Finally Done!

I started this before my Dad's birthday as a gift for him, and finally finished it about a month ago. Here are a few pictures:

Here it's folded in half and spread on the dining table:

dadsblanket3.jpg

Here is a closeup of the stitch pattern and yarn - colors are not true in this picture - it's a dark red with multi-color flecks and a sage green:

Dadsblanketdetail.jpg

Here it is spread on the sofa -gives somewhat of an idea of the size (it covers the top of a double size bed):

Dadsblanket.jpg

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Hamilton_Honey said:
I started this before my Dad's birthday as a gift for him, and finally finished it about a month ago. Here are a few pictures:

Here it's folded in half and spread on the dining table:

dadsblanket3.jpg

Here is a closeup of the stitch pattern and yarn - colors are not true in this picture - it's a dark red with multi-color flecks and a sage green:

Dadsblanketdetail.jpg

Here it is spread on the sofa -gives somewhat of an idea of the size (it covers the top of a double size bed):

Dadsblanket.jpg

That is astoundingly beautiful! I wish I could make my hands work like that, but I just can't. I admire people who can crochet and knit. What a lovely gift!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I made 'stocking gloves' for my stockings. I wanted something that was clear in the front, but cute, and I backed the fabric with a heavy interfacing so they would stand up on their own. I also made sure that there were no rought edges so Id be snag free :D

DSC00579.jpg

DSC00583.jpg

Each one can hold about 2 pairs, but Im prolly gonna make a few more sets for my tights too.

LD

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
Wow! Those are truely a great idea!!! I should make somethink like that some time... Today I made finishing touches on a cute capri-jeans and a top... Maybe I´ll be able to post some pics next week :)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
CherryRed said:
Terrific idea LD!:eusa_clap
That pink is adorable. Is the cream fabric witht the flowers vintage? It's charming.

No, its not a vintage fabric, but has that feel :)

Im just using up as much of my lightweight cotton scraps as I can.

I really like em!

LD

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
i love those pouches - what a great idea! i'm envisioning you making a whole series of matching items for clothing storage purposes!

i've been using my mom's stocking pouch for years, the accordion-fold type... but it's vinyl and is now starting to crack, so it might be time to use it for something less delicate and make something else...

Kim_B

Practically Family
I haven't been feeling very vintagey lately...so nothing in that department. Like I said last time, if senior photos count, then I've been working my tush off on those, and making more jewelry. You all have made such lovely things!!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Small needed stuff.

Howdy ladies.

Ive taken a brake from clothes (altho I have some clamdiggers Ive been meaning to go through with), to knock out some much needed items.

DSC00591.jpg

My first tote. Yay piping!!
DSC00592.jpg

I had enough scrap to make this bag and line it with this flower pattern :) It turned out pretty well. Put purse feet on it an everything!

I also made some glasses cases. I got my vintage frames filled with a prescription, and also the old red ones Ive had for years :) so I made some cases that kinda match the glasses.
DSC00593.jpg

DSC00594.jpg

DSC00596.jpg

DSC00595.jpg

Note the sunglasses case matches my tote....

Lastly, here is another hat I made from the dress I posted earlier. I was not liking the fit of that wrap dress I made with this fabric, so I cut it up and made this hat. This one turned out cute.
DSC00597.jpg

Thanks ladies!

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran