Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you have Crafted!

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Oh my! the hours of confusion I have spent translating vintage knitting patterns from USA to UK terminology. Crochet patterns are EVEN WORSE as every single stitch has a different name!!!!!!

Are you on Ravelry Dolly? I joined about 3 weeks back but haven't had much time to upload much onto my page there yet. It's a truly awesome website. I'm under the same username over there so if you're about feel free to say hi!:)

AllaboutEve said:
Oh my! the hours of confusion I have spent translating vintage knitting patterns from USA to UK terminology. Crochet patterns are EVEN WORSE as every single stitch has a different name!!!!!!

Are you on Ravelry Dolly? I joined about 3 weeks back but haven't had much time to upload much onto my page there yet. It's a truly awesome website. I'm under the same username over there so if you're about feel free to say hi!:)

I was going to try the crochet again but I decided against it. My brain hurts!! I'm a knitting freak at the moment, working on my calloused fingers like a real granny :D I shall have a look at Ravelry, though I like to think my knitting skills are quite good at the moment & I dunno if that will just make me feel inferior...

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
dollydaydream said:
I was going to try the crochet again but I decided against it. My brain hurts!! I'm a knitting freak at the moment, working on my calloused fingers like a real granny :D I shall have a look at Ravelry, though I like to think my knitting skills are quite good at the moment & I dunno if that will just make me feel inferior...

You have to see this site to believe it, it's like face book but for knitters and you won't have time to worry about whether you're as good as any of the other knitters as your eyes will be popping out of your head at just what you can do on it.

I was thinking of knitting the "Patsy" sweater by Rowan (book 35 I think) so I searched for it and it gives you a list with pics of all the members that have made it or are currently making it, or started it and didn't finish it (there is no shame for the unfinished project knitter on this forum lol lol ) Members can also leave comments about any issues they have had with patterns, the yarn they used, and give it a difficulty level. That is just the tip of the iceberg there is TONNES of stuff on this site.

I haven't had much free time to really dig into it yet but there are umpteen forums for everything you could imagine, there is probably one for knitted snoods! In fact I just went to look and there are 77 projects all with pics that come up!!

Am I convincing you????lol lol lol

PS you will have to wait to be invited to access the site after registering you email address, I had a lot of trouble with registering my hotmail address as the email never seemed to arrive even though the site said it had been sent so it may be best to use a different email to hotmail.

Twilight

Familiar Face
I'm making a mask to take with to prom [since the theme is Midnight Masquerade].
Here's what it looks like so far. :D
DSC_0092.jpg

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
Ok, I've gotten through all 150 pages of this thread, you gals are amazing! Ok now I have to post some of the things I've made!

First is a quilt I'm working on it's log cabin style and then will have a border when I get finished:

2413311225_f373f236bf_m.jpg

Next is some yarn I spun, it's Corridale plied with cotton thread:

2361013005_889a5c13ae_m.jpg

2361011263_e1fb8759d0_m.jpg

A jacket I made for my trip to Chicago in Feb, it's an upholstery weight fabric for the exterior and I lined it with bright orange fleece for warmth. The pattern was a Threads design from Simplicity:

2311155604_9d788f09ed.jpg

I couldn't get my pics to post.

*make sure you use the image
brackets, as well as making sure your image ends in .jpg or .png or .tiff or whatever file fromat the link is
:)

That's it for now, I'm totally inspired so expect some clothing posts from me in the near future!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Oh, I love your quilt Sewing Bee! I have a 1930's wedding ring quilt and I've always wanted to make one myself (I have a fabric stash earmarked "quilting"--is that a first step?)--you're very inspirational.

Maybe it's time for a "show us your golden age quilts" thread?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Things to do with scraps.

Clearing out my fabric stash, I realized I had tons of pieces too small for clothes, and too big for small accessories like glasses cases and such. So I made some bags. My main bag is a huge canvas one that I shlep to and from work. It carries my lunch, and all my little do dads. SO, I decided to make some more like it.

I squared up all the scrap fabric, surged what needed it, and patched the squares together. They were super easy to make, and line, I was surprised!

front-14.jpg
lining.jpg

This one is the largest, made of wool and denim trim, and a cotton lining. The lining is from a dress the wool from a cloak, and the denim from various projects.

With my big bags, I always fill them too much, and the top strap always slips off my shoulder, so I added buttons to the straps to keep them together.

Here are others:

buttonstraps.jpg
front-10.jpg

front-13.jpg
front-11.jpg
front-12.jpg

And so goes my weekend. :)

LD

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Those are fabulous Lady Day and such a good way to use up scrap fabric! I love the button idea to keep them from falling off! I have the same problem. It's terribly annoying!

Ada Veen

Practically Family
Pink, those SHOES and that DRESS are amazing. Wow!

I quickly knocked up a little protective case for my laptop today from some old fabric and padding, to save me buying one from the apple store.

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

Dolly, I love your crinoline - I hope you wear it in London so I can see it close up :D

I also FINALLY finished my Butterick 4790, but I think I'll post pictures of that in its own devoted thread.

fluffy-tiger

New in Town
I quickly knocked up a little protective case for my laptop today from some old fabric and padding, to save me buying one from the apple store.

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

Wow, that is really cute, and an excellent way to use up spare fabric, I may try this myself in the future :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy