Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your amateur photos!

texasgirl

One Too Many
Bonnie and Clyde Event

Here are a couple pictures from Saturday in Lancaster, Texas. We did a little Bonnie and Clyde bank robbery!

IMG_1353.jpg

Michelle-Car.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Today I did my very first EVER photoshoot in my apt with a friend of mine. She is such a sweetie. Anyway, I spent most of the night clicking away trying to figure out lighting and my camera settings, but by the end of the night I found some settings that worked (ok) with the lighting I had availible. I definately need a higher wattage of bulbs and about 3 more lights. Now, mind you, I am absolutely CLUELESS about photography and especially lighting, so please be gentle. I am actually proud of how these turned out, because like I said, prior to this I only did the shoot with CC and Dixie, but that was outside with natural lighting. This was stuff I had to figure out on my own this time. I did her hair and make up as well. We had a lot of fun tonight... but boy is it tiring.

Here is what Melinda looks like normally...
1378993263_l.jpg

And here is what I did to her. Please, be nice... this is my first real time shooting.

P1000713editedmedb.jpg

I have another one of her that I am proud of, but it is a bit more pin-uppy and I don't think it would be appreciated (or approved of) here.

Kim_B

Practically Family
I am so excited! I might actually have something to contribute to this thread in a few weeks :) I am planning on making some Holiday cards for an exchange on another forum I visit, and had a cute idea in mind for a vintage-inspired picture, bit I don't know if I can get the hubs to participate willingly (us cheesing under some mistletoe, either all black and white, or soft hand-coloring).

Does any one have any other ideas for an image that would be late 40s/50s inspired for a Christmas scene that I could do on my own? I've been sifting through some images online, but some seem a little too PG-13 for people I've never met in real life before!!

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Great pics ladies!!!

We have some wonderfully photogenic gals here!

Lolita-- I am so impressed!!!! You're a natural at this. You could snap my photo anytime!

Honey Doll

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Jay... Thank you very much. :) It was my first try, but these photos were taken at the end of the night after fooling around a bit with the camera to help with the lighting troubles I was having. The first part of the memory disk was crap... all on my side, not hers. :) I still have a lot of learning to do. :)

Carebear... Thank you. hehehe I think I will have my "photography" as an under-the-table talent. I still perfer to be in front of the camera. You know, because I am vain. LOL

Katie... Thank you. :)

Sari... Thanks! If I ever make it out to Germany or you make it back here. :) Let's do it! I noticed that too. I think it helps a lot with knowing how you perfer the photos to look.

Maintcoder... Thanks! *bows*

Barbigirl... Thank you. I was really happy with the way they turned out. Even though I would have been even more happy if I had proper lighting. I just used cheap lighting... nothing was professional (except the backdrop). Next time. :)

Honey Doll... Thank you. It was fun playing pretend photographer for an afternoon. I had a blast... now if I can only figure out how to shoot myself. LOL. If you ever make it out to Arz, give me a ring. :)

marquise

Familiar Face
... My boyfriend & I found some amazing places on our drive to Charleston from Savannah, & took unplanned advantage of them. Luckily I was already wearing a very Dustbowlish dress, circa 1931!

dusttex5.jpg

dustgas6.jpg

dusthouse.jpg

dusttex.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points