Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your chocolate, your camel, your browns

suitedcboy

One Too Many
Brown hats were a surprise for me. Never had much in the way of brown attire except for brown coats, shoes and occasional dk. brown sweater. Blue and gray were my primary colors.
My first 2 fur felts were mid-60's Stetson fedoras from the same person. 1 medium gray, 1 dark brown.
To my surprise the brown hat proved to be more versatile than the gray hat and had a richer nicer color than the gray.

I have about 10 or 11 hats in various shades of brown from dark chocolate to pecan to tan. A couple of favorites...

Chocolate Whippet:
IMG_0921.jpg
[/IMG]

Pecan Marathon:
IMG_0856.jpg
[/IMG]

If I were a hat and hats dated, I'd be flirting with both of these!

Couple of gorgeous lids there!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
A stack of hats from chocolate to silverbelly.

IMG_7759-M.jpg

How about some brown whippets.

IMG_7804-M.jpg

IMG_0390-M.jpg

IMG_2726-M.jpg

More brown;
Photo%20on%202011-09-29%20at%2009.35-S.jpg

Photo%20on%202011-09-27%20at%2009.22-M.jpg

IMG_0263-M.jpg

IMG_1191-M.jpg

IMG_3181-M.jpg

VS Sahara;
IMG_8322-M.jpg

I wear a bunch of brown fedoras. I hope these pics add to the discussion of shades of brown and different ribbon colors and treatments.

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
a dark brown Tom Eggleston, from I guess the early 50's. If Indiana Jones were real, he'd have worn this hat:
DSCN4593-1.jpg

a Dobbs:
DSCN3289.jpg

a vintage Cavanaugh:
DSCN0916.jpg

my tawny fawn Fed IV:
IMG_2565.jpg

memphislawyer

Practically Family
Thanks guys. Yes, it is definitely pecan or brown for me, since they are in rabbit and Thunderball, I love that camel color but it is only in beaver. Id probably do beaver if I knew I would wear brown more.

I am loving the contrast on this hat that I tried on, but that Tumwater pecan looks yummy on David. Like Eri'c VS Sahara but my silverbelly is close enough in color. I have found that I am just not wearing the black wool hat I got (not because of it being wool, but because it is a harsh color actually) and think that brown will get worn much more.

photo8.jpg

Thinking of a 4 1/4 center dent with 2 1/4 brim, edge binding in dark chocolate to match the hat and maybe a 16 ligne ribbon with regular bow and then the chocolate brown keeper of the keeper with chocolate brown stripe in the center. I could be talked into either an overwelt brim treatment or the edge bound in ribbon in the color matching the hat ribbon. I am thinking dark brown with my coloring rather than pecan?

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Eric, you sir have some serious style! Not to mention every possible color combination. ;) May I ask what hat is pictured in the 7th one down? Vintage or VS? It is luscious.

Blackthorn, I had forgotten about that Falcon Park, but really dig that color combo! Brown with silver/grey ribbon?

Turns out I have a couple handfuls of hats in the brown palette. Very few of them are fedoras, however. More to come!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
How wrong I was... but I still want some kind of Indie hat!

brown008.jpg

I went from dark brown to tan, stopped before sand and silver belly.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Eric, you sir have some serious style! Not to mention every possible color combination. ;) May I ask what hat is pictured in the 7th one down? Vintage or VS? It is luscious.

Turns out I have a couple handfuls of hats in the brown palette. Very few of them are fedoras, however. More to come!

Jeff; It is a vintage early 50's Adams fedora. Its mate in moss green gets more attention and wear. Thanks for the compliment.

Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
How wrong I was... but I still want some kind of Indie hat!

I went from dark brown to tan, stopped before sand and silver belly.

Cheers from the gallery!

The color Brown is a range of composite colors produced by a mixture of orange, red, rose, or yellow with black or gray. It is a lower intensity color that shows its high value color mixture in different light value conditions. An emample of this is when I wear a brown hat in btight summer light and it has a red - orange color perception. I see it as a color to enjoy due to its curious presentation in different light.

Best, Eric -

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Nice hats--but we don't need any broader, more generalized threads. I could put over 100 hats here myself. Please don't make a thread for Gray or Silverbelly. Pardon my grumpy, party-pooper comment...

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Nice hats--but we don't need any broader, more generalized threads. I could put over 100 hats here myself. Please don't make a thread for Gray or Silverbelly. Pardon my grumpy, party-pooper comment...

I was thinking of a "Show Us Your Fedoras" thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points