Show Us Your Christmas Presents

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by C-dot, Dec 26, 2009.

1. C-dot

C-dot Call Me a Cab

Some of us here are bigger gift givers than receivers - But I'm sure we all got one or two goodies from Santa this year :) I posted them on my blog (see signature), but here is the book I was most excited to get:

[​IMG]

Please share what you got!

2. Gilbey

Gilbey One of the Regulars

Here's what Santa dropped us ... Wow, what an incredible sound from a small enclosure! You never thought your Ipod could sound this good!!!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JWrRnd93lZk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JWrRnd93lZk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

3. Carlisle Blues

Carlisle Blues My Mail is Forwarded Here

[​IMG]......:(

4. Shangas

Shangas I'll Lock Up

I don't have any photos (yet)...

But I got a nice, leather notepad holder from my father. And I bought myself a Venetian glass dip-pen (cobalt blue in colour), from a little, out-of-the-way shop in the City. Writes very smoothly and comfortably. It's entirely made of glass. Everything, even the nib.

5. MrNewportCustom

MrNewportCustom Call Me a Cab

:eusa_clap I have that book, C-Dot. You'll love it!

Since I'm from a rather large family, with no one younger than fifteen (my youngest sister is forty-one), my siblings and I all agreed to not exchange. With far less money than I would have spent on twenty-one brothers/sisters/husbands/wives/nieces/nephews and etc., I bought this lighting kit. It's a gift from all of my relatives, and I got exactly what I wanted. :)

Now that I have lights that give me more control, it's time for me to start doing some vintage- and noir-style photos! :eusa_clap

Lee

6. Audrey Horne

Audrey Horne Practically Family

Sounds fun, I'd love to see some pictures.

7. MrNewportCustom

MrNewportCustom Call Me a Cab

Oops! There's one minor omission in my post, Audrey: The lights aren't actually in my possession at this time. I ordered them on Thursday and, unfortunately, they're on back-order. I should have them in four to six weeks. :rolleyes:

Then I'll set up a shoot with someone or two from the Lounge and we'll create the images together.

Lee

8. Miss 1929

Miss 1929 My Mail is Forwarded Here

No pic yet...

But my best present was a new-old-stock pair of Schiaparelli seamed stockings in their original box and tissue!

9. skyvue

skyvue Call Me a Cab

I received this book on the history of a classic hotel that's recently been restored in my hometown of Oklahoma City.

[​IMG]

I wanted to go have a drink at the piano bar there during my sojourn in OKC over the holidays, but we didn't make it.

10. Big Man

Big Man My Mail is Forwarded Here

[​IMG]

My children gave me this for Christmas. One of my sons sisters-in-law did the drawing, and my son made the frame himself. The drawing was from a photo taken of me just prior to my retirement from the State Hospital where I worked for 30 years. The drawing is rather large, about 2 1/2 x 4 feet. I have it hanging in my dining room.

11. AmateisGal

AmateisGal I'll Lock Up

What an amazing Christmas present!!! :eusa_clap

12. cecil

cecil A-List Customer

A great hat!!

I collect hats, black vintage ones in particular, so my lovely Dad gave me my first gentleman's hat. It's not vintage per se but it's from their heritage collection, "Bogart" model. I'm sure all the gents here would be familiar with it!

[​IMG]