Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Compacts . . .

Vanessa

One Too Many
ITG said:
Neecerie recently tipped me off to a vintage 1930s compact knowing I have a Scottie dog.

She does that a lot. "You should buy this. . .or this.. . or this. . . ."

;)

Caledonia

Practically Family
compacts_0227.jpg

My only two. The left one is 30s I think and has powder, blush, and a teeny lipstick. The right one I can only guess as being 30s to 50s. It has powder on one side and cigarette holder on the other.

Vanessa

One Too Many
Miss Neecerie said:
Hey...like you mind? I point out cool things that I think you would like or suit some aspect of your personality or style......

I am a custom shopper....yea...thats it...;)

Nope, nope. Don't mind at all. Keep up the good work. . .(and I'll message you with a list of stuff to keep an eye out for. :D )

Dahlia

Familiar Face

DancingSweetie

A-List Customer
I wish I had a digital camera..... my sweetie gave me a 1940's new old stock Elgin American compact, in the felt pouch and box, a very beautiful gold square shape. He also found me a compact from the 1939 Golden Gate International Expo, which I use daily.

Foofoogal

Banned
Though it is not a powder compact some of you ladies may not know that Estee Lauder comes out with a solid perfume compact yearly and are extremely collectible and go up in value. Very well made and delightful styles not plastic but metal mostly.
Sandy.
http://www.sandysfancypants.blogspot.com/

P.S. Love the heart compacts. Look also for Richard Hudnut if you love Art Deco. Swoon....

decodoll

Practically Family
jitterbugdoll said:
Blance--beautiful compact. And I share your sentiment--I just bought this one on eBay :) It was missing a few rhinestones, so I had a freiend replace them for me. It looks brand new now!

4d_1.JPG
7a_1.JPG

OOoooOOO!! I love that, Doll!
07.gif

BlancheDubois

Familiar Face
jitterbugdoll said:
Blanche--beautiful compact. And I share your sentiment--I just bought this one on eBay :) It was missing a few rhinestones, so I had a freiend replace them for me. It looks brand new now!

That's adorable, doll! How wonderful to have a friend who knows how to replace rhinestones for you.:)

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
All the recent compacts

Are just lovely and make my poor collecting heart sing!

Rosie, I love the cigarette cases too and keep trying to win super cool ones for various things besides cigarettes!

Both heart shaped compacts are lovely, Blanche and Jitterbug. Heart is one shape I don't have yet, so you have made me want to go run out and get one.

Sandysfancy, I did know about the solid perfumes Estee Lauder comes out with, and have seen whole books on them...one of the few brands that has not lost out on the craftsmanship side of makeup containers.

Denise...who can never have enough compacts!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Golly, your compacts are all so pretty. I only have a few. One treasured one is of the Empire State building, actually says "worlds tallest" on it. Was given to the wives of some of the workers who helped to open the building. But, sadly, it's the only cool compact I have. You all make me want to start buying more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner