Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Compacts . . .

anabolina

A-List Customer
jitterbugdoll said:
Love the new compacts, ladies!

I am waiting for this to arrive--I swapped a couple of eye shadows that I didn't like for it. :)
Dscn2427.jpg
Dscn2430.jpg

Lady Day, I have also had great luck with Aveda's powder foundation. I am not sure about the color range, but it has really agreed with my skin.

Wow, I love the design on the top.

I bought a rather large compact, I love it but does have a rather large diameter, Like, it's much larger then my hand. I'd measure it, but I'm at work. Does anyone have any suggestions for amking a powder puff to fit it? There's a screen and I've been keeping Coty powder in it, but the powder gets all over the mirror, thankfully not all over my bag. I thought about tracing it on cardboard and cutting it out and covering it with cotton, sort of like from a blanket, on one side and some sort of flannelly fabric to go around it. Feasable? Any other ideas? As it is, this idea is on my rather lengthy to do list, so who knows when I'll get to it ;)

Ellie

Familiar Face
Here's a picture of mine. It was a gift from my mom in high school.

I have not used it yet, but plan to very soon. :)

compact003.jpg

The bottom is covered with tiny stars!

compact004.jpg

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Thats a very lovely Stratton compact Ellie! The detailing on the rose is most excellent.

And yes....you should use it...unless you are wanting to start a collection of 'pristine' compacts......they were meant to be used...

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Does anyone know anything about this compact? Or can they date it?

My friend bought me this compact today. It looks black, but it is actually a deep blue. I really liked it, but was disappointed that there was no rouge compartment. After I got it in the car... DER! There was a rouge department all along! I just didn't see it! And it was unused. I love it even more. The top is decorated with rhinestones.

P1060765.jpg

P1060767.jpg

P1060769.jpg

P1060770.jpg

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
I had a quick look through my compact reference book and its not in there.....which means nothing given the vast amount of styles and variations.

I -know- I have seen that same sort of interior styling and repousse work somewhere, but can't quite remember at the moment.

My -guess- as to age...would be sort of mid range...ie 40's...not so early as 20's or 30's, those decades were much more -wild- with the enamel work they did. Not so late as 50's because the 50's compacts I see tend not to have rouge in them...but I could be very wrong.

More might come to me when I am not drugged....

D...a little loopy today

catspyjamas

New in Town
This is my latest find, which I liked because it is so quirky. It is a powder compact/agenda. Don't know anything about it except that it is a "Pygmalion"...anyone have an idea about era ?

b08c_1.jpg

c118_1.jpg

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Faythe... Thank you so much! I was so happy to find it! Now I just need to replace the powder inside.

Neeserie... Thanks for the info! I was hoping it was at least 40's, but it is so darling I wouldn't care if it was 90's!

Catspajamas... That is a darling compact!!

$ally

One Too Many
957011479_88c6f69c0b_o.jpg

This compact, given to me recently, is dated 1938; it contains powder on the left, rouge on the right, mini lipstick in the middle.

$ally

One Too Many
956706751_e66e511dd6_o.jpg

lol more details:
956706761_efa3da52ec_o.jpg

This incomplete vanity set includes hand mirror, nail file, glass jars all with porcelain rose inset surrounded by filigree. Compact is enamel top, still contains original make-up and applicator pads. Lid over powder compartment on left, removable mini lipstick in center is exact same bright pink as rouge. The pen is also 1938 and still works. I'm not brave enough to try the lip tint...

$ally

One Too Many
lol I was about to say I wanted to pet Miss N's compacts too...but that just don't read well now does it?
I would love to see the entire collection. Could we trouble you to post a slideshow?

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
$ally said:
lol I was about to say I wanted to pet Miss N's compacts too...but that just don't read well now does it?
I would love to see the entire collection. Could we trouble you to post a slideshow?

I will look through and see which ones I have not posted pictures of yet...

Unfortunatly my collection has not grown lately because i am on *gasp* a budget (such a nasty word)....so no buying of -anything- besides food and gasoline to get to and from work...

I will post pictures of the ones folks haven't seen soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff