Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your dance pics and vids

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Lolita, this is definetely not that kind of place!
Dancing should be all about having fun, it's no fun when your dance partner is concerned mainly about how well they look :rolleyes:

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Forgive me... do you mean this isn't that kind of place where people dance to show off or to share the my Burlesque clip with? If it is the Burlesque, that is why I offered to pm her the link and not post it public. [huh]

mysterygal said:
Lolita, this is definetely not that kind of place!
Dancing should be all about having fun, it's no fun when your dance partner is concerned mainly about how well they look :rolleyes:

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
read the post wrong. Seriously, you should take up swing ( I remember in another thread reading you've never taken up dance lessons) I was REALLY intimidated by it at first, actually still a beginner, but it's a whole lot easier than what I imagined it to be, plus, it's so much fun :) My daughter's been my dance partner lately so it's also cool seeing the enjoyment she has also

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:
I've been learning to tango. It's a swell dance for those whose hips and upper body are rigid. Swing dancing is great except for one thing: you have to swing. I'm incapable of it.

Yes....this needing to swing thing...might be my problem...3 lessons of 6 and I dont think its going to work...

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
MysteryGal... I have been going to some lessons lately... ;) I have had to miss the past three weeks getting ready for shows, but I have enjoyed my time emensly. I have gone to about 5 or 6 dances and I am already learning aerials. It has been a blast and I am anxious to go back! :D

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Miss Neecerie said:
Yes....this needing to swing thing...might be my problem...3 lessons of 6 and I dont think its going to work...
don't give up yet! believe me, I'm miss uncordinated over here and I"m getting this stuff down...you should really check out this tape, it's with a swing dance instructor which takes you through the basic moves slowly enough that it builds your confidence immensely each time you try it. Of course the more into the tape you get he'll add more complicated moves. It's called 'Lets Dance Swing' Featuring John Hill

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Forgot about this one,it's one of my faves.

47b6db02b3127cce89df9453cc9d00000016109AbOXLFk0bS

Tin Pan Sally

Lo: You're counting that? :p

Trickeration: You sure don't look like anyone's mother. Please tell me that's an old photo of you.

I need to take official Lindy lessons this summer when things slow down. I've been shown basics, and told I caught on quickly and have natural syncopation. If only I had more time.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Trickeration- I love that one,you both have great smiles.The sailor pants are one of my faves,but mine no longer fit and I can't find them anywhere else,all the armynavy stores here are out.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great photo of you and Wild Roo, Trix

You guys look like you're having so much fun, which is what it's all about after all. Root reminds me of Jimmy Stewart in that shot, and your outfit looks great!

Tin Pan Sally

hahaha, Lo, I was refering more to the 'teacher' than the move ;)
I actually got in trouble for doing the frog one night at a social dance. They said "no lifts, we don't have insurance" lol
Who would have thought that would be a big deal?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider