Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your dance pics and vids

Hammelby

One of the Regulars
Snookie said:
Hammelby,
Thanks for the kind words, but I don't think that was me! I haven't been to a dance on a Monday night in years (my husband always works, and it's just not the same without him :) ). I guess we were both at the Derby last weekend for the Campus Five, though. I'll have to get an introduction (and a dance) next time!

Snookie: Oh right! I mixed up the events :)

Ooh, it looks like you have a savoy style swingout going on there in the picture! The style i originally learned in Sweden, so i feel somewat uneasy asking up smooth style gals over here (should i be?). I am affraid they will chew me up for dancing so low and bouncy :p

But an introduction and a dance with you sounds just allreet!
I guess I will be at the derby sunday then.

Snookie

Practically Family
Rafter: Ravishing, dahling...but those socks have got to go! ;) What type of dancing do you do?

Hammelby: Anyone who's critical of you b/c of your dance style doesn't deserve to dance with you! Most of us got over the Hollywood style vs. Savoy style debate years ago, when we finally realized how much it was hurting the scene. If you're nervous about asking anyone in particular to dance, just make sure it's a good medium tempo song. If the song's too fast, it might be hard for a gal who's used to a smoother style to find that good connection with you.

See you Sunday! Get ready for a rockabilly invasion of The Derby since Big Sandy's playing!

Hammelby

One of the Regulars
It sounds like things cooled down. You are right its just a dance :)

Rockabillies? Aw.. It will be almost like in Stockholm (@ rocketroom)
Ill be ready! And swell to get to know more people!

Shimmy Sally

Trickeration said:
This Amber and Jofflyn. Both teach swing and other golden era dances and they lead the Bobbysox Brigade swing team, the number #2 swing dance team in the nation. Amber also sings with our big band and sometimes with our combo.
I've met them! They came out to Phoenix for a weekend workshop or an exchange or something. Some members (under age 20) of my old troupe performed a little one-song deal at San Marcos Resort and were really nervous because Amber and Jofflin were in the crowd.

Marq

Familiar Face
heres a photo of t and me on the jiving jamboree cd no 2 at hemsby r n r weekend a few years back...........Paul
41A9AW1Q2ZL__SS500_.jpg

flashalee

New in Town
5500_108515199389_773274389_1994957_6896574_n.jpg

Performing a skit for my friend's engagement

2636_78037105989_500910989_2312553_2746903_n.jpg

dancing with Hurley Francious at ATLX6 this year

n50100108_31636451_1790.jpg

Glen Miller Orchestra Concert at The Pensacola Naval Air Museum

n50106084_31107601_3438.jpg

Stealing into a dance with my friend Dave at his first Lindy Exchange!

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Mr. 'H' said:
Thanks guys!

I am going to attend a class quite soon - I was amazed to find that there are classes here in Dublin.

Can't wait!!!

I'll get to experience what you guys have talked about.

http://www.dublindy.com/

:D :D :D

A fellow lindyhopper found me on facebook and sent me this photo from about 2 years ago. It was at a big 1940s dance held in a tent called the Speigaltent! ;)

DancingattheSpeigaltent.jpg

BrookOwens

New in Town
Snookie said:
A lady in Pasadena has been doing watercolors of the bands and dancers at the outdoor shows at the Paseo. This is called "Dancing to Stompy Jones", and we're are the couple down front (I'm the girl with the lamentably straight hair -- a too-good likeness!)

Stompy.jpg
hey where are some good places to dance around the LA Orange COunty area?

O2BSwank

One of the Regulars
Looking at these photos was great! I'm motivated to take another try. My wife and I took some ball room dancing classes years ago when the kids were little. We didn't have a lot of opportunities to get out and practice. Now they are grown up and it's time for the old folks to have some fun!

Fowljesse

New in Town
I'd have to dig up pics, and videos.. here's a more recent one of what my acrobatic Lindy background turned into;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbF48zlEKxM

I'm the guy in the silver pants :D I choreographed, and taught the others this routine for a local talent contest.
I started swing dancing in 1989, and eventually studied under Frankie Manning, Norma Miller, Chaz Young, etc... and traveled the Western U.S. teaching, with the airsteps as my specialty. Right now, I'm working on a routine with my 30ish favorite airsteps included.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner