Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Dark Side - Shadow and Silhouette Portraits

Terrific images, Gents!

Great ass photo, Terry!

Panadora are you using the Leica monochrome, and if so, your opinion, please!?

Alan I'll meet your fowl shot, and raise you a couple of heritage birds. The one in the back is slightly silhouetted for the purpose of this thread. One of these cluckers gives delicious green eggs, but no ham (birds of Yids, you know...)

IMG_7302.jpg

Thank you. I'm assuming you mean the first photo of the chickens. I have found myself using pretty much one camera recently, a Canon s110, believe it or not. After years of lugging lots of heavy Leica glass everywhere, I opened up to the thought of a smaller device. There are still times when bigger is better, but the utility of being able to have it in a pocket ALL the time has yielded some of my best work, I feel. Although I got in some trouble for having it in my hand as I walked my daughter(s) down the aisle...

They are beautiful instruments. I have several old M and R cameras. I made the mistake of buying heavy fast lenses for Nikon - could never afford that with Leica. I am more than happy with the Summicron - the German 35 f2 being one of the finest lenses I have ever used. That said, almost every photo I have posted to the Lounge over the past 4 years was taken with an iPhone.

They are beautiful instruments. I have several old M and R cameras. I made the mistake of buying heavy fast lenses for Nikon - could never afford that with Leica. I am more than happy with the Summicron - the German 35 f2 being one of the finest lenses I have ever used. That said, almost every photo I have posted to the Lounge over the past 4 years was taken with an iPhone.

As fantastic and superior as the images are from all those exquisite tools, there's something to be said for utility. You said it all, Alan.

Panadora

Practically Family
But no matter how good and expensive the camera is, it will only do what you ask it to do!

Two weeks ago I gave my Leica to my brother and today I received this

01726dde6833fd7067aa4c9ee3fa87672f8ae8971c.jpg

Freaking fantastic if you ask me :eusa_clap

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Great work, Panadora!

Messing around with some photo editing....

"Why Nancy won't go on anymore blind dates"
a_nightmare_in_a_dark_alley.jpg

Last edited:

triple-d

A-List Customer
@ Alan.....neat photo Alan....lots of shadows, only one hatted!!

@ Joao......you are loosing weight my friend, makes you look taller..;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy