Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your flat brim hats . . . .

From "Big Jake".....I really actually like the look of this one....

755b78d3b0a4caed4716ae07de805365.gif
Big Jake.jpg

Just A Hat Rack

Practically Family
r1zQm1N.jpg

Picked this one up on the cheap. Beaver Brand Ten X

Sent it out to Master Hatter David Gibson... Told him my vision and he made it come true.
I believe in magic!
ZaKhmfZ.jpg
ywXEihx.jpg
p1SqdXp.jpg
r1zQm1N.jpg

Picked this one up on the cheap. Beaver Brand Ten X

Sent it out to Master Hatter David Gibson... Told him my vision and he made it come true.
I believe in magic!
ZaKhmfZ.jpg
ywXEihx.jpg
p1SqdXp.jpg
Very nice Rick. I love your vision and how it turned out.

It took six months, exactly what he told me it would take. I sent it off and stopped thinking about it. I’m good with the long lead time.

For 2020 six months is on the fast end of things. I’m also fine with the longer waits, particularly if the estimated time is accurate. I’m a big fan of David’s work, and your project turned out great.

Yahoody

One Too Many
Much appreciated Rick. I had a couple of my nice beaver hats rebuilt by a hatter. They've become my "dress" hats, at least for now. Hard to keep a hat here flat, let alone clean. After a bit of rain and our some times annoying critters, shapes can change pretty quickly. This was a flat hat a month ago. The original intention was to keep it a flat hat. (see top of this page, same hat ) I've now given up on that idea. Couple hrs out today in a cold, driving rain just made the idea of it ever being flat again wishful thinking :) Flat enough I guess.

IMG_3105 (2).JPG

Last edited:

TheGuitarFairy

Practically Family
Another nice hat Mr. Guitar man!

At least it's clean, man! ; )

It's Friday, let's get this party started .. Bob Wills, who'll always be the King, recorded this tune probably more than a dozen times. This version, which I'm pretty sure was recorded early 60s on MGM, when his star was already way on the decline, is just so, SO good. Bob is singing, enhanced by "multi track recording", Billy "B. Bowman Hop" Bowmen on steel guitar + the always inimitable Playboys. No-one was ever in Bob's band who wasn't just a total mother .. I'm never not blown down by this.

"Ahhhh Billy .. you didn't come to stay ... you come to play"

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points