Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.

I really did not "own" this lil gem, but was it's "adoptive" operator for some length of time. I had always wished I could have "mailed" it home to play with it later, but never got the chance. There is just something that attracts me to a belt fed weapon....;)

Renault

One Too Many
This walked in the shop today. Couldn't afford the gun that was stuffed in it, but my Husqvarna 610, SxS 12 really likes it!!!!!! So, I brought it home!
100_2852.jpg

Picked up two new additions I'm going to "try" to photograph this coming weekend, when I can get outside. I'm throwing together a 1950's era hunting camp and these two additions will really fit in well!!!!!

Renault

Kirk H.

One Too Many
This walked in the shop today. Couldn't afford the gun that was stuffed in it, but my Husqvarna 610, SxS 12 really likes it!!!!!! So, I brought it home!
100_2852.jpg

Picked up two new additions I'm going to "try" to photograph this coming weekend, when I can get outside. I'm throwing together a 1950's era hunting camp and these two additions will really fit in well!!!!!

Renault

Very nice!

Kirk

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.

I really did not "own" this lil gem, but was it's "adoptive" operator for some length of time. I had always wished I could have "mailed" it home to play with it later, but never got the chance. There is just something that attracts me to a belt fed weapon....;)

As an added note, the cigar I was enjoying was the real deal from Cuba! I can tell you that a real cuban cigar really does have it's own one of a kind flavor!

Renault

One Too Many
Well the dial-up modem has been smokin' this morning here in the the post oaks as I've been downloading this pic. These are the latest three additions to my 1950's hunting camp. I did some faniggling and worked out a trade for the third piece (the Model 721) yesterday.
100_2854.jpg

Newest addition (lt.to rt.) is the Remington Model 721 with vintage Weaver 3x scope calibre 30/06. Born in 1949!
Next is the Remington 870 "ADL" model 12 gauge pump shotgun, full choke. This one born in 1952
Last is the Remington Model 760 "Standard", pump rifle in .270 Win ctg. This is the baby of the group born in 1954.

Effingham

A-List Customer
Thought I'd throw in my collection.

The Ruger LC9 is my standard carry piece:
gun1-LC9.jpg

The Walther PPQ is my primary piece -- for home protection, and carry when possible:
gun2-P99.JPG

This is my Bersa T22 -- for plinking and just having fun:
gun3-Bersa22.JPG

This is the Walther P38. I've always wanted one of these, and finally got around to getting one.
gun4-P38.jpg

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Thought I'd throw in my collection.

The Ruger LC9 is my standard carry piece:
gun1-LC9.jpg

The Walther PPQ is my primary piece -- for home protection, and carry when possible:
gun2-P99.JPG

This is my Bersa T22 -- for plinking and just having fun:
gun3-Bersa22.JPG

This is the Walther P38. I've always wanted one of these, and finally got around to getting one.
gun4-P38.jpg

Effingham, those are nice. How do you like the PPQ? I have looked at that one but have not had a chance to shoot it yet.

Kirk

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
***OPINIONS PLEASE***

I've been thinking of buying a 1911. I'd like something sort of mil spec...but it doesn't have to be exactly mil spec. I especially don't like 1911 mil spec sights. I'm going to use it for country road shooting and maybe some personal defense. Yes, I know there are better personal defense .45s, but I want a 1911.

I was in Charlotte earlier this week and ran across Remington's new 1911. Well, newish. I think its been out a coulple of years. I came very close to buying one on the spot, but decided to wait and bounce the idea off of the 1911 enthusiasts here on FLJ.

Does anyone here own a Remington 1911 R1? What do you think?

rem1911_34554_1.jpg

AF

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
Atticus, check out http://forums.1911forum.com/. You may have to join to use the search function, but you should find tons of photos and discussion on the Remington R1. I think the general consensus is that it is a pretty decent gun for the price. As to there being better .45's for personal defence, that all depends on who you talk to;)

Renault

One Too Many
Wow, a picture right out of Outdoor Life from when I was a kid and Jack O'Connnor was thundering from his pulpit. Ah, nostalgia . . .

Thanks Sarge! Oldest son asked me to go out deer hunting with him opening day. I'm thinking of taking the 760. But I doubt I'll take any cartridges! Just wanna go to the woods with a rifle, my pipe,and a set of binos. Haven't shot a deer in YEARS! Just like to go out!

Now I need a really nice Reminton .22 rifle to finish off the camp. I'll wait for a nice Model 121 Pump or a Model 511 or 512 bolt gun to walk in......

Renault

DeaconKC

One Too Many
A good running 1911 is one of the best handguns out there. There are many good choices out there in what you are looking for that look vintage but have good sights and features. Remington, Springfield and Rock Island all ahve very good reputations. Use GOOD magazines and lube and there is no better defensive sidearm out there.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I am going to agree that a .45 is a very good choice for personal defense. I have no information regarding the Remington production but I would think as far as the brand goes, they make a good weapon. And although many people do enjoy a semi automatic pistol, (my Wife carries one) I have always preferred a revolver. Mainly due to the once in awhile "jamming" issues you can have with a semi automatic. I currently do not own a pistol of any make, however I am considering the purchase of a .38 Special.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24