Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think my other material passion besides nice hats is guns! So let's see all those mechanical masterpieces! Any and all gun pics welcome just as long as you actually own the thing!

This picture is of my two revolvers. The top left is my Smith&Wesson .357 magnum w/6" barrel. I do carry that occasionally in the colder months with an overcoat. The bottom right is a Taurus .357 magnum 2" for my usual CCW.

I plan to purchase a 1911 Smith soon and, of course, would be happy to post pics.

guns.jpg

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Moderator's Note:

All --

This is a discussion of gun collections. Any posts that stray into questions about the appropriateness of gun ownership or similar political topics will be edited and/or deleted.

Thanks in advance for keeping this one on the tracks.

----Moderator's Edit----
Zemke Fan is not currently Bartender for this area, but his words stand. Any questions regarding it should be directed to Paddy.

-Zohar

RIOT

Practically Family
Nice firearms guys.

Technonut, just a word to the wise, always make sure you keep your safety on especially with a mag loaded.

Technonut

Practically Family
RIOT said:
Nice firearms guys.

Technonut, just a word to the wise, always make sure you keep your safety on especially with a mag loaded.

Appreciate the advice... :) I made sure that the chambers were clear before I inserted the unloaded magazines for the pics.... ;) I have been handling firearms for over 30 years.. (Since I was 14 years old)

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
I have an 1889 Smith & Wesson five shot auto-eject revolver (original) and an 1842 Springfield smoothbore repro. Maybe tomorrow I'll try to post some pictures.

green papaya

One Too Many
IM000465.jpg

NORINCO [Northern China Industries Corporation]

Chinese made copy of the GI M1911A1

IM001791.jpg

Chinese Type 54-1 copy of the Russian TT33 Tokarev pistol

7.62x25 mm TOK

shown with extra 9mm conversion barrel, 9mm ammo is much easier to find , so I usually use the 9mm barrel.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
From an earlier gun thread:

Here are my military surplus rifles. Top is a Japanese WW2 Arisaka Type 99 that has been converted to 30.06 and had the stock chopped down . Middle is my postwar Yugoslavian M48A Mauser, my first gun. Bottom is my M-1 Garand . I also have a Win. 1897 shotty that belonged to my grandpa.

DSCF0998.jpg

I guess all of my firearms are vintage, the newest being a.22 rifle that is over 40 years old.
Billy

green papaya

One Too Many
Bushmaster heavy barel with AK74 style muzzle brake

Techonut

I had one of those BM shorty AK's with the same muzzle brake

I had to wear ear plugs & ear muffs [double hearing protection]

because of the excess blast / noise that blasts out the sides

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
thunderw21 said:
From an earlier gun thread:

I really like those M-1 Garands. They seem to be getting harder and harder to find in my neck of the woods. Occasionally, some pawn shop will have one for sale for $1k. I like the gun, but I wouldn't pay that price. Supply and demand, I guess.

What is it like to fire the M-1, by the way? Is it pretty rough?

(ps I will be posting pics of my other guns at a later date, as soon as I can get pics of them. I should have done this long ago for insurance purposes anyway.)

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Undertow said:
I really like those M-1 Garands. They seem to be getting harder and harder to find in my neck of the woods. Occasionally, some pawn shop will have one for sale for $1k. I like the gun, but I wouldn't pay that price. Supply and demand, I guess.

What is it like to fire the M-1, by the way? Is it pretty rough?

(ps I will be posting pics of my other guns at a later date, as soon as I can get pics of them. I should have done this long ago for insurance purposes anyway.)

We got ours from a friend for $600, he built it out of parts he had sitting around.

The recoil isn't bad, less than the Mauser, Nagant and Arisaka but still has more than Saving Private Ryan and hollywood would have you believe. It's managable and one can easily fire aimed shots in very rapid succession. I love it. :D No M-1 thumb yet either.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Speaking of M1 recoil, here's a pic of me shooting one.
An empty shell casing is hanging above the bill of my cap yet I pretty much already have the target sighted in. So the recoil isn't bad and doesn't hamper acquiring the target a great deal.
n110800350_30225564_7918.jpg

green papaya said:
I fired an M1 Garand and it felt similiar to firing an M1A / M14 rifle

since the M1A is like a Garand with a 20 rd detachable magazine

Yep, they feel similar. I would love to have an M1A, it's stinking heavy though.
Here's something you might find interesting: an M1 that was converted, possibly during WW2, to accept BAR magazines. It even has a selector switch (in the same position as the M-14) and a piece above the receiver for reloading via stripper clips. So pretty much the M-14 was the logical development of the M1.
M1withBARmagazine.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB