Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Beautiful work, sir.

Frame's a Caspian--they were instrumental in tech support in the early days, so it was nice to be able to throw them the business. There's another reason I have to start with a new slide: a custom radius cut--where traditional L/S's are cut all the way back to the dustcover, this is more like you cut the front two inches or so off a standard Government and welded it to the front of a 5" slabside. More weight than traditional, less than a completely uncut, aiming for a "Goldilocks Zone" in between. I contacted Caspian first, and was told both a 7" and that kind of "custom cut" were beyond them.

Other components are a mix of Wilson (pins, springs and mags), EGW (FP stop, extractor, slide stop and mainspring housing), Pachmayr (grips) and Colt (grip safety--a takeoff via Midway was the only GI-style I could find in stainless). Ignition kit I'm looking at Harrison Design with a retro spur hammer, ejector I'm thinking EGW or Harrison heavy-duty. Pretty much, I've been selecting the beefiest parts in the catalogs - and trying to throw business to people who helped make this project possible.

Yahoody

One Too Many
I got asked about some leather this morning and added these.
IMG_0892.JPG
IMG_0889.JPG

Yahoody

One Too Many
Deacon, the funny part is, the holster is 2 years old, the belt 24 years old and the dbl mag pouch is 40 years old. The 1911 is now 24 years old as well. Hard to believe I am the original owner of all of them. Time flies.

MikePotts

Practically Family
The older I get the more I like revolvers.....funky old revolvers, even then I'm actually more fascinated by vintage holsters. In fact I'm more likley to buy an intersting holster and then find a gun to fit it than vice versa :)

Here's an example:

20240303_130148 - Copy.jpg
20240303_130148.jpg

A no name Hip pocket holster marked 'PP' that I've alway wanted since seeing an old Lee Marvin film (The KIllers?) in which he wears one. Then of course I had to buy an old 1920 Police Positive (.38S&W) with which to stuff it.

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Mike, I too, am a sucker for vintage revolvers. Great match up with the Colt and holster.
I picked up a little vintage job too, a US Revolver Co .32S&W[made by Iver Johnson]. A sweet little gun and even found a stash of ammo for it in the "How did I wind up with this ammo?" box.

Attachments

• US revolver 1.jpg
    US revolver 1.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 10
  • US revolver 2.jpg
    US revolver 2.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 11

MikePotts

Practically Family
Mike, I too, am a sucker for vintage revolvers. Great match up with the Colt and holster.
I picked up a little vintage job too, a US Revolver Co .32S&W[made by Iver Johnson]. A sweet little gun and even found a stash of ammo for it in the "How did I wind up with this ammo?" box.
I have a box like that! :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner