Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

The Wingnut

One Too Many
warbird said:
One flaw is the serious weight of the pistol, which keeps it from being a decent concealment weapon.

The PS has a polymer frame. :D This being California, though, the gun spends the majority of its time as a silent sentinel within easy reach while I'm asleep.

Being a southpaw myself, I'd certainly appreciate a reversed safety toggle on the frame of my Witness.

If I REALLY wanted the ultimate CZ 75 design, I'd track down a Jericho 941F in .40 S&W or a Jericho 945. Believe it or not, they're made in the same factory as the Witness.

I'd really like a '60s or earlier Colt Detective Special, as well.

Technonut

Practically Family
cap017.jpg

The Pentagon announced TODAY the formation of a new 500-man elite fighting unit called the United States Redneck Special Forces (USRSF)

cid_1073036912000000web38906.jpg

These boys will be dropped off in Iraq and have been given only the following facts about terrorists :

1. The season opened today.
2. There is no limit.
3. They taste just like chicken.
4. They don't like beer, pickups or country music.
5. They are directly responsible for the death of Dale Earnhardt.

The Pentagon expects the problem in Iraq to be over by Friday.

:D lol lol :D

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Picture #2 is a Finnish 20mm Lahti L39.

Grandpa owned one in the '60s. I have shells from it. They're about 8" long.

Turns out he could have kept it due to a grandfather clause in the law and it would have been mine after he passed away. Nuts.

plain old dave

A-List Customer
IMAG0024.jpg

1915 vintage Colt New Service in .45 Colt.

The M1 with the BAR mag I believe is actually known as a T20. Probably would have been issued for the land invasion of the Japanese home islands, Operation Olympic....

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Technonut said:

Holy Diver. A 20mm, huh? I can only imagine the recoil on that brutal beast. How close is a 20mm to a .50 BMG? I imagine that 20mm is used mainly for, what do they call that...anti-material...where they basically just put holes in things like engines and such? Depleted uranium shells...

In other words, I doubt that's used on people.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Undertow said:
Holy Diver. A 20mm, huh? I can only imagine the recoil on that brutal beast. How close is a 20mm to a .50 BMG? I imagine that 20mm is used mainly for, what do they call that...anti-material...where they basically just put holes in things like engines and such? Depleted uranium shells...

In other words, I doubt that's used on people.

Right, strictly anti-material, mainly anti-tank. During WW2 the Germans, British, Finns and Russians had them (probably other countries too). Sometimes today they are converted to .50 for civilian use.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
thunderw21 said:
Right, strictly anti-material, mainly anti-tank. During WW2 the Germans, British, Finns and Russians had them (probably other countries too). Sometimes today they are converted to .50 for civilian use.

The expense / logistics involved in converting an L39 to .50 BMG would be prohibitive, mainly due to the extreme size disparity in bore diamter and chamber dimensions. You might be thinking of the 13mm Boyes antitank rifle which fires a cartridge very similar to .50 BMG (although having a slightly larger bore) or a Soviet PTRD-1941, which can be rechambered / rebarreled to 20mm Vulcan.

Most Lahti owners / operators reload their ammunition with modern propellants and current military projectiles with matching diameters / profiles. Since ownership and operation requires a Class III destructive device license, they have exclusive access to such items.

And yes, the primary use for the L39 was in Finnish hands against Soviet soft-skinned and light armored vehicles. Heavy armor such as tanks far outclassed the destructive power of a 20mm cannon shell early in the war. It was obsolete very early in the war. Due to the explosive nature of 20mm shells, human targets need not be hit directly as they have a kill radius of approximately 3 meters. You need only to hit the vehicle / field piece / emplacement the person is standing next to.

Mike K.

One Too Many
I'd love to find the gun used in Jumanji (the one I posted in the earlier pic). It looks like a highly modified Savage 99 with a clip magazine, chambered for something along the lines of a 470 Nitro. The closest thing I've found (and a REAL gun at that) is the classic 4-bore rifle that I posted a link to on the Adventurer Gear thread. Talk about a gun! Each bullet is a quarter pound of lead. You might take out an elephant, or a Tyrannosaurus, but you won't have a shoulder left!

Now what is that other thing? Did you pull that off an Apache attack helicopter?!

warbird said:
Being a southpaw I like the true southpaw features, I hate the option of working it right or an ambi which I find distracting in a holster. However, I don''t really understand the worth of the six inch barrel. Do you simply want a longer sight radius? The increase in bullet speed wouldnt make that much difference. For me the added weight of that piece would negate the advantages, it's a law of diminishing returns in my book. But, perhaps you are thinking in some other direction which I am not.
Sir, my thinking with a 6" is that I do like longer sight radius, plus more weight upfront to counteract muzzle-flip (not as much of a problem with my strong-side as it once was, but still a worry weak-hand). Also, it seems 6" works better on a 10mm bore than 5, this is mainly a home-defense/BBQ gun. My concealed-carry pieces will be just like that, except 5" barrels and .45s, without the 10mm barrel option at first; the 6" would primarily carry a 10mm, but have a .45ACP alternate available.

J.S.Udontknowme

A-List Customer
Fun guns...

These are guns that I usually shoot when I have some free time to spend in the woods.

Marlin 1894P and a Ruger Super Blackhawk.

44.jpg

Sometimes I'll take these two.

Marlin Golden 39A and a Ruger Single Six.

22.jpg

Aaron Hats

Vendor
My favorites:

RugerV.jpg

A matched pair (consecutive serial #'s), .45 colt, Ruger Vaquero with birdshead grips. The grips have one side in black the opposite side in white. Nothing more fun than one in each hand plugging away at a target.

Aaron

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
Here's my photo album of the guns I have built
www.photobucket.com/albums/v326/Fatdutchman/Flintlocks

Here's the album showing several original guns, belonging to me and others
www.photobucket.com/albums/v326/Fatdutchman/Original Flintlocks

This one is my pistols album
www.photobucket.com/albums/v326/Fatdutchman/Pistols

Don't really have any modern rifles web-accessible. Many of them are "unfinished"...projects started long ago, and then set aside to languish. I have a nice Austrian 7mm mauser that lacks stocking, along with a 7.65mm Argentine, similarly needing a good stock. A .30-30 Marlin (which IS completed!), several .22's, and an 1889 FN Belgian Mauser also in 7.65mm. And, of course, the Mannlicher-Schoenaur .243. I would really like to have an older one in 6.5mm, but they're not easy to find, and I honestly don't know what I'd do with it...I don't do much with any of the ones I already have!

warbird

One Too Many
Aaron Hats said:
My favorites:

RugerV.jpg

A matched pair (consecutive serial #'s), .45 colt, Ruger Vaquero with birdshead grips. The grips have one side in black the opposite side in white. Nothing more fun than one in each hand plugging away at a target.

Aaron

I have a pair of Ruger Bisley Vaqueros in .45 . Mine have had a slightly larger hammer installed, plus I replaced the pawl with a free spinner and the slightly larger ejection rod tab, for easier reloading.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
There are some sweet guns here. Being a bit of gun-nut, I must share my collection... yes, I said collection. I have decided not to buy more unless I find something unusual, since I have so many.

My Model 10 S&W .38
SW384inch.jpg

My single-action Rugers (two 45's an a .22 Mag)
TheRugers02.jpg

So as not to clog everything up, here are links to my S&W .38 Snubby, S&W .22, and Springfield XD 9mm.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb36/Fedora_Dog/Pistols/SW38Snub.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb36/Fedora_Dog/Pistols/SW22.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb36/Fedora_Dog/Pistols/XD.jpg

I know, too many guns. But they are as addictive as hats to me.
NB (the creepy revolver guy)

D-Day-Doll

Familiar Face
Love this thread! I'll share some of mine. The 1915 Mosin Nagant and the 1898 Krag are mine, and the Enfield is my husband's. He also has an Enfield revolver. My dad collects guns and now he's passed the hobby down to me.

guns5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot