Show us your Guns!

Discussion in 'The Display Case' started by Undertow, Jun 24, 2007.

1. I think those would go better if the gun was blued as opposed to stainless.

2. MikePotts

MikePotts Practically Family

hmm...I dunno?

3. Then again, I could be wrong. We need someone to Photoshop those grips on your gun to see how it would look. :p

4. MikePotts

Find me a teenager!

5. MikePotts

Well bugg.....bless me if someone didn't buy them out from under me!

6. Owwww! :doh:

7. 1mach1

1mach1

I think I would have to agree. The stainless may "wash them out".

8. 1mach1

1mach1

Isn't that always the way?

9. MikePotts

Ah well....they're still in business, something will turn up.

10. And I am sure it will be even better. :D

11. Kirk H.

Kirk H. One Too Many

The M1 ran good. I finally got a chance to shoot it the other day at training. Ran about 75 rounds through it. It liked the Winchester 147 Grain rounds the best. Only got to shoot it from 25 yards but it kept a decent size grouping. Was able to shoot the orange X ring out of the center of the standard B27 target. The only thing that I don't like about it is that the barrel band/bayonet lug is polymer. I am thinking about replacing that with a metal band without the lug. It was a lot of fun to shoot and cheaper than the 30 cal version I have.

12. MikePotts

That's great Kirk, please be sure to post pics. with your improvements installed. Are you just going to keep the open sights?

13. Kirk H.

Kirk H. One Too Many

Yes I am going to keep the open sights. I figure with a pistol caliber carbine the distance that I will be shooting it at the iron sights should be fine. Will post pics when I get the time to switch out the band. On a side note the store where I picked it up at, the owner had just took in several original M1 Carbines from a small PD in SC. He was not going to sell them since he collects them, but he let me take a look at them. There were several that were made by Inland (GM) a Postal one and a Rockola. Two of them still had the original cross bolt safety and had not been upgraded. I remember the days when you could pick one up for 125-175 dollars, now I have not seen them for going less than 1,000 lately.

14. KilroyCD

KilroyCD One Too Many

Here it is now, after conversion to a "Long Range" version with the addition of a Creedmore tang sight and a globe front sight.
    [​IMG]

15. MikePotts

Excellent Kilroy!

16. Stearmen

Stearmen I'll Lock Up

I have an extra long range rear sight and a front spirit level sight for my 86 Winchester, both adjustable for windage. A lot of work to get all the sights lined up at long range! Much better on a Sharps or Rollingblock!

17. A Rolling block----now there is one I have wanted for a long time. :p

18. green papaya

green papaya One Too Many

East German Makarov pistol

East German Makarov dated 1962 with rain drop camo holster and original records of use from East German Police station where this pistol was once used.

The Makarov is a straight blowback pistol that is essentially a simplification of the Walther PP pistol design. It has a fixed barrel, a traditional DA/SA trigger mechanism, an exposed hammer, and a slide-mounted decocker. The magazines hold 8 rounds of 9x18mm ammunition. The 9x18mm military cartridge fires a 93 gr FMJ bullet at about 1050 FPS.

Attached Files:

19. Kirk H.

Kirk H. One Too Many

Very nice. That is great that you have the records of where it was issued. Was it issued to a specific officer or did they draw them daily from the station armory?

20. green papaya

green papaya One Too Many

Thanks Kirk h, it looks like they issued these to specific officers judging by the dates and signatures on the Weapons record card, the first issue was in 1977 then another officer signed for it a couple years later in 1979, it looks like they reissued it to a new officer every 1 - 2 years and the last time was in 1988 shortly before the Berlin Wall came down back in 1989 - 1990.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015