Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Renault

One Too Many
Wow! Good for you Joao! I know what that shotgun means to you! I have one rifle that my dad passed onto me! Good going! I hope that in the future you can arrange the proper paperwork to get to go out and at least shoot a round of skeet or something!!!

Mike? How did I miss that revolver you posted? That's a pretty sharp looking shooter!!!! Is that the new one you got from Ruger? Remember you were having sighting issues!

This is an enjoyable thread -- thanks for sharing everyone! Excuse the bad photos, but this is a gun that was handed down from my Grandfather, to my Dad and then to me (skipping my older brother as he is not into guns). It's a 1912 L. C. Smith Specialty Grade 16-gauge. I do have a repop medallion for it. I have not shot it and the stock would need to be fortified before I do that. Maybe some day ...

Bob

12391637485_558a02deec_z.jpg

12392089274_87317421b8_z.jpg

12392093464_b48d1fc193_z.jpg

12391651345_7052703d17_z.jpg

12391808383_652620b2b5_z.jpg

12391655545_fcb8b3e6f6_z.jpg

12391812733_b2bfc27ea4_z.jpg

12392096244_7b9479bbcf_z.jpg

DeaconKC

One Too Many
WOW, I was gone a few days with computer problems and did I miss some great stuff! To those of you who now have your Fathers' guns, congrats, my Dad's old .30-30 is not fancy, but means the world to me, so I know how you feel. And Mike, love the Ruger!

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Well done Joao, nice looking Zoli.

What would have happened to it if you had not gone through the process to 'rescue' it?

Thank you.
We (heirs) would have to sell it in 90 days after the death date.
No permit no gun. If we kept it without a permit, if the police would found it, we would pay a fine, they would take the gun until we make it legal for one of us to keep it (I think there is a time limit to do it). If not then it would be destroyed .
I really don't know if the police receives a notice if a gun owner dies, but they can knock at your door and ask for it to check if it is legal.

Wow! Good for you Joao! I know what that shotgun means to you! I have one rifle that my dad passed onto me! Good going! I hope that in the future you can arrange the proper paperwork to get to go out and at least shoot a round of skeet or something!!!
Thank you Bob.
Problem is for that, I have to pay a lot of organisations (a club, a federation and a gun range) every month to be able to shoot it legally.

This is an enjoyable thread -- thanks for sharing everyone! Excuse the bad photos, but this is a gun that was handed down from my Grandfather, to my Dad and then to me (skipping my older brother as he is not into guns). It's a 1912 L. C. Smith Specialty Grade 16-gauge. I do have a repop medallion for it. I have not shot it and the stock would need to be fortified before I do that. Maybe some day ...
The gun my grandfather had was sold because my father didn't wanted to go though the painful process of getting it in his name. It was very very old (from what I recall, it was a double barrel side by side with external hammers. My father told me once only one barrel would shoot). Even my cousins regret it was sold.

To those of you who now have your Fathers' guns, congrats, my Dad's old .30-30 is not fancy, but means the world to me, so I know how you feel.
Thank you.

cm289

One of the Regulars
56680ca6c608bfda263d024ae150a77e.jpg

The top one is Jr's toy, the bottom one is mine! [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cm289

One of the Regulars
It's a 'West Hurley' Thompson born in 1975. I'd like a WWII gun, but beggars can't be choosers!

cm289

One of the Regulars
Thanks! But this one actually isn't an SBR- it goes pewpewpewpewpewpew until I release the trigger![emoji6]

cm289

One of the Regulars
Here's a .38 Spc. S&W Model of 1905, '4th change', born in 1915. Happy anniversary!
9c2eaebf6e42a995d68688b4e8e6b5a8.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points