Show us your Guns!

Discussion in 'The Display Case' started by Undertow, Jun 24, 2007.

1. MikePotts

MikePotts Practically Family

:D

2. Renault

Renault One Too Many

3. Stearmen

Stearmen I'll Lock Up

You could always buy a Remington Model 760 Gamemaster in 30-06! I have one, most people think it's a pump shotgun. A lot of fun to shoot, and fun to be outside the box!

4. Renault

Renault One Too Many

Ok Mike!!! I still think this type of lady is pure class!!! And she goes well with a Winchester! ;)

[​IMG]

5. MikePotts

Indeed she does!

6. Oldsarge

Oldsarge One Too Many

That would really be an oddity in the PWN, I suspect. My understanding is that those are almost a staple in the Pennsylvania deer woods and considering how much deer hunting in the farm country of the Willamette resembles deer hunting back East it would be a useful oddity. I've considered it on occasion though usually in the context of a .35 Whelen. They do have a reputation for wicked accuracy. It could happen, it could.

7. DeaconKC

DeaconKC One Too Many

Got my latest "Mud Puppy" back from the gunsmith today. He was able to fix the cylinder stop problem and now the little beastie is ready to head to the range. A 4" Model 10-5, pinned and recessed with a very nice K frame action. The blemish on the cylinder looks like a blood stain to both my gunsmith [a former cop] and to me: [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. MikePotts

Another classic Deacon. Blood will do it alright, Coke also!

9. Kirk H.

Kirk H. One Too Many

Very nice Deacon, let us know how she shoots.

10. Renault

Renault One Too Many

Deacon! A very nice shooter!!!!

Mike! I have a nice old 94 that the receiver "received" a Coke bath! Greatest bluing remover there is!!! Lots better than that Birchwood Casey stuff! :D

11. MikePotts

There's a bathroom cleaner (Sanivac?) that has a higher % of phosphoric (?) acid, than that in Coke...works GREAT

12. DeaconKC

DeaconKC One Too Many

Would you believe that I got traded out of the mud puppy already? A friend wanted it so we worked out a trade and I never even got to shoot it!

13. Renault

Renault One Too Many

Deacon! Please don't tell me you traded it for a Glock!!!!

14. DeaconKC

DeaconKC One Too Many

Nope, a Sig .40 :)

15. jkingrph

jkingrph Practically Family

I got one of the Browning BPCR in 45-70 some years back. It's fun shooting, and creating loads with these big BP bullets. My favorite is a 535 gr Postell, it just seems to shoot better than anything else I have tried.

As for the 30-06 , or Cal .30 US, dad got me my first centerfire when I finished high school in '63, a Winchester Mod 70 featherweight . He was in a nationwide sales contest Underwood typewriter dealers and used points to get the rifle. I still have it and even with that thin barrel find it extremely accurate. I learned to reload for it so I could afford to shoot while in college, even progressing to casing my own bullets. Years later I got another M 70 but do not like it as well, along with a Ruger #1, and finally a M-1 which is probably the most fun.

16. Kirk H.

Kirk H. One Too Many

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Picked this up today at Books a Million. Some good articles on some classic weapons. Just FYI

17. KilroyCD

KilroyCD One Too Many

Here's one that followed me home from the shop recently. It's a 1916 Smith & Wesson .455 Hand Ejector Second Model that had been altered to shoot .45ACP using half-moon clips. At some point in its life it also had target sights and grips installed. I'm looking for a set of original grips, but I'm afraid I can't undo the damage done by installing the target sights, as the top of the barrel was ground flat to install the new front sight.
    [​IMG]

18. DeaconKC

DeaconKC One Too Many

Kilroy, I will look when I get home to see if I have an extra set of grips that will be correct. But it will be Sunday, as we are going to the 9/11 Flight 93 Memorial tomorrow.

19. KilroyCD

KilroyCD One Too Many

Much appreciated. I'm working at a gun show this weekend, so I'll be looking there as well.

20. Renault

Renault One Too Many

Nice catch, Kilroy!!!!! Bet it's a shooter!!!