Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Kirk H.

One Too Many
I've never handled a Sig that I didn't like including the old 210.

We did a T&E of the Sig P-320 along with the Glock and our current Service Pistol the S&W M&P last summer. Currently we are issued the 40 cal and we were testing the 9mm and 45 ACP. The Sig was the surprise. We expected that since the majority of our officers were used to the ergonomics of the M&P already that they would shoot that well. We found that we could take our top shooters as well as those that struggle and give them the P-320 in both 9 and 45 and they could drill the center out of the targets.

Doublegun

Practically Family
I had a 226 (9mm) and a 229DAO (40S&W) and I sold them because they were just to big for non-LEO carry. I replaced the 229 with a Sig "Nightmare" carry (.45) and it's ok but my Kimber 1911 was better made and more accurate (but gawd, what a PITA to reassemble after cleaning). I love the way the big Sig's fit in my hand and I'll probably find a way to rationalize buying a P227 SAS at so me point but....

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Yeah, but I screwed up. I saw the tag in the store saying Triple Lock, went brain lock, looked the bore and condition over, never realized it is actually a very early Second Model, not a Triple Lock. I know the differences, yeesh. Paid $1250 for it so i think I am still okay.

TPD166

One Too Many
Mine is .44 HE 2d Model as well, but I wasn't going to say anything! I couldn't afford a triple-lock. It's a beautiful gun & I think you did fine price-wise, based on my recent looking around.

Yeah, but I screwed up. I saw the tag in the store saying Triple Lock, went brain lock, looked the bore and condition over, never realized it is actually a very early Second Model, not a Triple Lock. I know the differences, yeesh. Paid $1250 for it so i think I am still okay.

Kirk H.

One Too Many

Still, that is a beautiful wheel gun you got there. time to wipe the drool off my monitor

MikeKardec

One Too Many
I've never handled a Sig that I didn't like including the old 210.

Generally, I'm more of a wheel gun dude ... but I was trapped in a cabin in Colorado one winter with a 210 that had an accessory .22 barrel and slide (The guy also had 9mm and .30 Luger - or something like that - uppers!). I found that I could lay on the floor of the parlor and shoot out the back door across the parking pad and hit a metal target that was set up on the hillside about 80 yards away. Bored to tears I must have shot 500 rounds at that thing and hit it easily 90% of the time. Astoundingly accurate! I was laughing and rolling around on the floor in an increasingly growing pile of shells bellowing "Somebody Stop Me!" like a cartoon character. Did I say I was bored. It was just POW dink, POW dink, all afternoon.

I had a 225 30 years ago. I sold it because I wasn't that impressed with 9mm or it's "limited" ammunition capacity (youthful stupidity) but, it too, was very very accurate perhaps more so than many Sigs I've shot since ... or perhaps my eyes have aged. Not sure.

plain old dave

A-List Customer
Type 99 Arisaka. WW2 bringback, and there's Submarine Force content. The antiaircraft sight wings are missing. Deleted from this piece due to material shortages caused by Mush Morton and his shipmates in the Silent Service.
701a7078fb9d04bf971be1219956dacc.jpg
69197e94f37e3489a15af8d6d74a4c71.jpg
e3c61240937e54f040f6d07c7c060139.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

TPD166

One Too Many
Works with most leather holsters, but if it has a strap or thumb snap, it will have to be adjusted. I shortened a strap on an old Bianchi leather holster recently (Threepersons style) & it works perfect for a Commander. Old S&W holsters usually sell much cheaper than any 1911 holster.

Robert, thank you the info on SW39/59 holsters and Commanders!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran