Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

PKM101

New in Town
Yep, nambus and P38s for good measure...:)

More oldies but goodies, and a newer "big one" hiding behind them...:
D

DSC02069.jpg

DSC02074.jpg

One of my Favs..

paraM5.jpg

Just being funny...

SigNpals.jpg

I love cutaways...

DSC02026.jpg

CAQ749IZ.jpg

CAYRQN2X.jpg

CAWD49OZ.jpg

PKM101

New in Town
John in Covina said:
Santa Claus is coming to town!

Every MG is live and either a transferable or post sample, the RPGs are live registered "destructive devices". The PG and OG rounds pictured are INERT and for training purposes, although a Russian and Czech 7.62x39 sub caliber trainers are pictured and used for live fire familiarization....

This stuff is used to train USMIL prior to deployment, learning how to operate a threat weapon for the first time is not a good idea on the two way range....

Story

I'll Lock Up
carebear said:
Just one point.
Most of the Thompsons and BAR's used by organized crime were in fact stolen in bulk from poorly secured and often isolated police and National Guard armories. .

The BARs, true that. The Thompsons, I'd be curious to see more research done.

For instance, Philadelphian Ira Goldberg's brother (IIRC) Ed ran a gun counter in his brother's Army-Navy store during the 20's and 30's (check Smedley Butler's experience in Philly, 1925-26). In 1928, Ed Goldberg got smacked by the local cops for grinding off the serial #s of Thompsons and selling them to upstanding local thugs like "Boo Boo" Katz.

I suspect that happened in alot of places, considering the potential markup on a black market $250 Thompson to folks who dealt in cash only.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
PKM101 said:
Every MG is live and either a transferable or post sample, the RPGs are live registered "destructive devices". The PG and OG rounds pictured are INERT and for training purposes, although a Russian and Czech 7.62x39 sub caliber trainers are pictured and used for live fire familiarization....

This stuff is used to train USMIL prior to deployment, learning how to operate a threat weapon for the first time is not a good idea on the two way range....

Really excellent pictures! Thanks for the input!! :eusa_clap

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Read the 'TITLE' Gentlemen please.

I appreciate in your enthusiasm it is easy to veer off topic (mission creep as some might say!).

Please 'get back on topic.'

This is not the place to even hint at the politics and rights of ownership. It's a show, display and tell (especially for some of the older/vintge firearms that we don't see so often these days).

I know this has all been said before (*yawn!!*), but it seems that it needs to be reiterated for some 'once again ;) '

Thanks for your time and cooperation on this Gents.

Regards, PADDY.

Story

I'll Lock Up
Back to the era. I find that I appreciate (and need) optics these days... [huh] so I upgraded. It's a .30-06, so I'm good for white tail, elk, smaller elephants and Lovecraftian horrors.

Sedgley.jpg

And yes, it's a early Sedgley (Marble rear sight, viz the standard Lyman, and a GI front sight instead of the ramp).

Though the Sedgley Co. made a variety of shooting products, including a teargas fountain pen, it is best remembered for its sporting rifles built on '03 Springfield actions. Sometimes referred to as the "poor man's Griffin & Howe," the Sedgleys were available in most standard calibers, even .22 Hornet, for which the company held a magazine patent. In 1929, a complete Sedgley, including a Lyman receiver sight, was priced at $65; for $27.50, they would stock your Springfield. Fancier French walnut, such as that on the rifle shown here, would set you back another 10 bucks.

Though stocked and finished on a semi-production basis, the Sedgleys had the razor-close inletting and hand chekering of a fine custom rifle, and such fittings as the barrel band and European-style sling swivels bore the rifle's serial number.

Naphtali

Practically Family
I finally scratched my itch - a .72-caliber rifle. The silly rear sight will go as quickly as I can regulate the barrels. I intend to mount one of Brockman's all machined steel wing-protected adjustable aperture sights. And the steel butt plate will metamorphose to a solid rubber recoil pad - 600-grain bullet with 150 grains of FFg is not something to look forward to with delight.

KodiakSafari.jpg

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
12 Bore

Ohh, the Pedersoli Kodiak Double rifle from Italy! I have had an itch for one of those to. Double rifle, exposed hammers, muzzleloader, and you can call it a 12 Bore! What more do you need.

Undertow

Naphtali said:
I finally scratched my itch - a .72-caliber rifle. The silly rear sight will go as quickly as I can regulate the barrels. I intend to mount one of Brockman's all machined steel wing-protected adjustable aperture sights. And the steel butt plate will metamorphose to a solid rubber recoil pad - 600-grain bullet with 150 grains of FFg is not something to look forward to with delight.

KodiakSafari.jpg

Yikes! I didn't think you could build/purchase a rifle over .50 due to "destructive materials" laws. Apparently, I have much to learn here.

That sounds like a beast of beasts. Fill me in on any laws I'm missing here.

John in Covina said:
Hello Kittie! The pistol grip on this is rather unusual, what's up with that?

I wonder if this was an attempt to offer the shooter a more "comfortable" grip, or at least one more similar to other rifles? That or this rifle isn't real to begin with and that's just a piece of plastic the machine hadn't totally cut out. [huh]

matrioshka

One of the Regulars
Undertow,

If the rifle in question is a muzzleloader (like the one pictured) you can build it for any caliber you can stand.

John in Covina,

The grip on that AR-15 is a California thing. It makes the rifle compliant with their version of the assualt weapons ban. Eliminates one of the "evil features", to wit, the pistol grip.

M

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
John in Covina said:
Hello Kittie! The pistol grip on this is rather unusual, what's up with that?

I believe that's so the gun is California compliant. Correct me if I'm wrong.

edit: bugger, beat by several hours.

Undertow

I know we hesitate to discuss laws (as it strays in to politics) but this California thing is new to me.

So there is still an assault weapons law in CA that states rifles cannot have pistol grips? Is there anything else like that in other states?

Creeping Past

One Too Many
Undertow said:
I know we hesitate to discuss laws (as it strays in to politics) but this California thing is new to me.

So there is still an assault weapons law in CA that states rifles cannot have pistol grips? Is there anything else like that in other states?

Wikipedia's so handy that even a downtrodden Englishman with no right to bear arms can use it: viz. ;)

shortbow

Practically Family
Naphtali, I will be some serious impressed if you can manage to regulate those barrels to hit same poi without using different loads, a job considered the province of only the most skilled in Britain. Please keep us posted. I will be very interested to hear how you manage it. Good luck.:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy