Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Renault

One Too Many
Presactly!!!! Funny thing is I actually use the model 12's I have! Instead of staring in front of the gun safe before the next elk/deer hunt going,,,,,, what to use? What to use???
They are sweet shotguns. Wish a nice 20 would come thru.

pompier

Familiar Face
1921 was a good year.....

That model 12 was born the same year my Mom was. Gotta love those m12s. A friend of mine has a few and like you he actually shoots. In fact this past opening day he was using one in 16 ga. to get his limit of dove. Nice guns....

Renault

One Too Many
Thanks , gang!!!! I think this new one will accompany the boys and I on our next pheasant outing!

If I can get a moment, I will try to get my meagre pile of Model 12's out of the safe for a photo op. Gotta do a bunch of re-arranging to get to a couple. I know I've promised before.

Oldsarge

One Too Many
For years I coveted a M12 Heavy Duck with hopes of taking it after geese. Alas, my joints now require more cushioning than any pump gun delivers and a 3" mag hammering a limit of snows or speckle bellies on day one would leave me incapable of getting up on day two. But there never was built a more elegant slide action than the M12.

plain old dave

A-List Customer
Speaking of 1921 long guns, how about the Fabulous Model 14? Remington, that is. I have a .30 Remington made in 1914. There's just something about cartridge guns from about 1870 to 1965. They just have... soul.

Renault

One Too Many
Deacon!

Well done! Very nice revolver!!

Plain Old Dave

Those firearms you mention are just my style. As a rule of thumb I will not even look at a firearms (to purchase) unless it's at lease 40 years old, prefer 60 years. But I'm in a position where I can cherry pick. I am at a point where I have a difficulty finding time to shoot the ones I have.

Teaser!!!! :D. Model 54 Winchester. Circa 1935. 30/Govt. 1906

Horace Debussy Jones

A-List Customer
Beautiful wood on that one Renault. Nothing like a nice wood stock on a fine old rifle. The new fangled polymer stuff just leaves me cold. I always opt for wood on a firearm if it's available.

Renault

One Too Many
Well there does exists Renault's theory of relative firearm tackiness.

Which states, "the tackiness of a firearm is directly proportional to the amount of polymers and non-ferrous metals used in the production of the finished product."

Doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the overall quality and performance of said firearm. Just the tackiness!

All in fun, friends! :D. All in fun!!!

And it is just a theory!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy