Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
Win 92, Win 94, Browning 65

dBrKXKQl.jpg

R8BBCNpl.jpg

UwIbvZFl.jpg
Beautiful. Love Lever Guns! :)

Yahoody

One Too Many
Scott once asked about my "Winchester/clone" collection. Likely I was rude and didn't answer. I've been shamed by the other guns showing up recently. So here is part of the answer my friend :)

Big fan of the Winchester lever guns and their history. Been shooting one version or the other since I was 6 or 7. Right about 6 decades now :eek:

Woodrow Call shooting up Mox Mox with a Henry here and a '73, Streets of Laredo.
proxy

A early Henry and the three Winchesters that followed. Top to bottom, 18" Henry carbine, chambered is a short .45 very similar (a damn near duplicate only center fire and reloadable) to the .44 Henry in size and power, 20" '66 Short rifle with a Winchester fleur-de-lis checkering pattern, 23" Nickle plated '73 round, med heavy match barrel, half mag rifle, 22" '76 short rifle, checkered steel shot gun butt, high grade wood, checkered in a Winchester point pattern. Henry and '66 are both fully hand engraved. '73 is bank note engraved on the side plates. '76 is a engraved with a 1876 WRA Centennial pattern.

I have others and they all shoot :)

44 Special off the bench

.45 Special of the bench

And my favorite the .32 WCF aka 32-20. Most folks have killed more deer with a 30-30. I shot my first with a 25-35 and later many more head shot with a 32-20. Never lost a deer with a hot loaded 32-20 either head shot or through and through lung/shoulder shot.

25 yard 32-20 targets, off hand

Last edited:

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
Scott once asked about my "Winchester/clone" collection. Likely I was rude and didn't answer. I've been shamed by the other guns showing up recently. So here is part of the answer my friend :)

Big fan of the Winchester lever guns and their history. Been shooting one version or the other since I was 6 or 7. Right about 6 decades now :eek:

Woodrow Call shooting up Mox Mox with a Henry here and a '73, Streets of Laredo.
proxy

A early Henry and the three Winchesters that followed. Top to bottom, 18" Henry carbine, chambered is a short .45 very similar (a damn near duplicate only center fire and reloadable) to the .44 Henry in size and power, 20" '66 Short rifle with a Winchester fleur-de-lis checkering pattern, 23" Nickle plated '73 round, med heavy match barrel, half mag rifle, 22" '76 short rifle, checkered steel shot gun butt, high grade wood, checkered in a Winchester point pattern. Henry and '66 are both fully hand engraved. '73 is bank note engraved on the side plates. '76 is a engraved with a 1876 WRA Centennial pattern.

I have others and they all shoot :)

44 Special off the bench

.45 Special of the bench

And my favorite the .32 WCF aka 32-20. Most folks have killed more deer with a 30-30. I shot my first with a 25-35 and later many more head shot with a 32-20. Never lost a deer with a hot loaded 32-20 either head shot or through and through lung/shoulder shot.

25 yard 32-20 targets, off hand
Beautiful collection! Shamed........ are you kidding me? :) I love these here!!:)

Woodsrunner79

New in Town
I stopped by a local gun store today and this Taurus PT809 left with me. It's not fancy or expensive but it'll throw 17 rounds of 9mm at the target.
View attachment 111199

Price tags and pearl grips don't win gunfights. It's your proficiency (an a wee bit of luck) that usually brings you home. If you shoot it well, then I say good enough!

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I stopped by a local gun store today and this Taurus PT809 left with me. It's not fancy or expensive but it'll throw 17 rounds of 9mm at the target.
View attachment 111199

You and I share the same tastes my friend.
The Smith and Wesson Model 10 and the Taurus 800 Series. My pt845 is my absolute favorite sidearm.
Good show, sir!

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
Here is a Browning Model 1886 Saddle Ring Carbine in 45-70..........the "repro" of the Winchester '86 produced by Miroko (sp?) in Japan. I didn't know if I wanted a classic Lever Gun from Japan. It just seemed wrong that these weren't made in the US. But it is a very nice rifle and very well made, as far as I can tell. I like it.
gun, My Gun, Browing 1886 SRC.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner