Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Fleur, it looks lovely! I'm dying to get a cut by Nina again, I'm hoping I'll go to London again in the spring. She is a doll and you can hang out at the salon for hours and hours, no rush here, which I appreciate a lot. Many regular hair dressers are in such a hurry, you get your 45 minutes and then then practically kick you out.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
I'll say it again, love the new hair Fleur! The length really suits your face shape. I'm off to Nina on Friday, it's crazy how quickly my hair grows.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Fleur, you're gorgeous!!! It looks just beautiful on you! Now I want to cut my hair again!!! I love it I love it I love it!!! Where is Nina's btw? She sounds like she's worth a drive! :D

EDIT: Ok, I just saw you are in the UK. SUCKS FOR ME!!! If I ever go to the UK, I will make sure I go in need of a new 'do!!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
lyburnum, very classy! Where did you wear it?

Lilredrooster, I'm "dying" to see you new dye job!!

Fleur, your new short locks are fab. This really makes me wanna have my own salon, lol! Ah well, one room in my house is enough to store my vintage hair finds.

Jenny, the swoop in your roll is amazing. Awesome first time! Now keep repeating it, ;)
Gorgeous!
Nikki

VanillaT

One of the Regulars
Jenny and Fleur, fantastic 'dos! I am almost on holiday, and I can't wait to have the extra time on my hands to try out a few new hairstyles. If I come up with anything worthy, I will try and post it!

And about Nina, boy oh boy do I ever wish that I could have a hair appointment with her! I have seen her website, she seems like a fantastic gal. I am so jealous of all of you ladies in the UK that can go and get your hair styled there!

On the other hand, it makes me realize a niche that could be filled in here in the US...

texasgirl

One Too Many
We performed in a 1880s event last weekend. Here's a picture of my hair. I curled it all over, pulled back into a pony tail and attached a hair clip. My hair is pretty short, not even to my shoulders. I think it came out pretty good! I wish I had a better side shot.

hair.jpg

And a couple others-
4-1.jpg
5-1.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Ooo, it turned out great! Where did you find your clip? You guys look awesome. Love the picture of you with the muff and pereline. I like that wall color too, is that your home?
You remind me of some modern star and I can't think of who it is.
Nikki

texasgirl

One Too Many
Thanks! And thanks for all the advice too!!! I got the hair clip at Sam Moon, a local chinese import shop. It's synthetic so the curls lasted all day, even though it got up in the 80s! I know, ridiculous huh! I didn't even get to really wear the pereline- is that what it's called!??! The extremely sweet BonnieJean sent me that along with a longer cape too. That is actually inside the fire station, we were in Sour Lake, Texas for the Old Timer's festival.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Picture911.jpg
Picture914.jpg

I can't accept that I don't have the face to carry off a center part. This wasn't quite what I was going for but I'll keep at it. :)

I'm going to try a wet set of pin curls and fingerwaves this weekend. I may or may not post the results.

Trixie

One of the Regulars
deadpandiva said:
Picture911.jpg
Picture914.jpg

I can't accept that I don't have the face to carry off a center part. This wasn't quite what I was going for but I'll keep at it. :)

I'm going to try a wet set of pin curls and fingerwaves this weekend. I may or may not post the results.

You look adorable!

BonnieJean

Practically Family
texasgirl said:
...pereline- is that what it's called!??!

tesasgirl, I believe "pereline" is just another word for 'cape'. But it sounds much more feminine than just 'cape'.

I can picture it now:

texasgirl (in her sweet Southern drawl): "Les, honey, could you please hand me my pereline?

I think the word 'pereline' just flows better, don't you?

texasgirl

One Too Many
BonnieJean said:
tesasgirl, I believe "pereline" is just another word for 'cape'. But it sounds much more feminine than just 'cape'.

I can picture it now:

texasgirl (in her sweet Southern drawl): "Les, honey, could you please hand me my pereline?

I think the word 'pereline' just flows better, don't you?

"Oh, I do declare, my pereline is causing me to glow in this unsavory Texas heat" Ya'll are so funny!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou