Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Goldfish

A-List Customer
MissHannah said:
Hair130108G.jpg

Sorry for being totally off topic, but:
I would kill for your PJ!

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
jenny_dreadful said:
Awww, you remind me of the young Shirley Maclaine. So cute!
lol lol lol I'm so glad you said "the YOUNG Shirley McClaine".I did think she was pretty adorable.Thank you for the compliment.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
gluegungeisha said:
Very cute! My hair was that length about a year ago.
I remember,your hair has gotten so long since then.I am really having bob withdrawals right now.It's always been my "go to" haircut.

epr25

Practically Family
Hi there. I tried to take some shots of my hair. I guess my lighting wasn't that great. But maybe you can see it a little. I used the wave clamps and foam rollers at the bottom. This is still a work in progress so I hope it will get better the more I do it. The only thing I can't figure out is how to make the waves deeper. The clamps make them so flat and close to my head. Has anyone else figured a way around this problem?

myhair1.jpg
[/IMG]

myhair2.jpg
[/IMG]

myhair3.jpg
[/IMG]

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
EPR, that looks just fantastic! I love the waves!

Miss Hannah, may I be cheeky and ask what dye you use and if you bleach first when you do it...your hair is the most divine shade! Your do looks fabulous, too.

epr25

Practically Family
I love the red in Miss Hanna's hair as well. I am not really sold on black any longer. I am just not sure how to get away from it. I was red a long time ago and the up keep was hellish.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
NoirDame said:
I just discovered that my 1940s Turudich book was ruined our apt had a water leak. I hope that if it dries out it will be ok...but all the pages are stuck together. :(

Do you have renter's insurance?

~*Red*~

Practically Family
EPR25, your hair is beautiful! The waves look lovely! Are you using the same wave clamp that Ohairas used? If so, I'm not sure there is a way to get deeper waves with those. A deeper wave is created by pushing the hair higher in the wave. The wave clips (butterfly), might help, but those usually crush it.

I really think it's beautiful as is!:D

epr25

Practically Family
I am using the same wave clips. I can put waves in on another person but can't get my hands the correct way to do it myself. I used the butterfly clip on the left side and it didn't turn out at all for some reason. That side of my hair just doesn't work well?

~*Red*~

Practically Family
epr25 said:
I am using the same wave clips. I can put waves in on another person but can't get my hands the correct way to do it myself. I used the butterfly clip on the left side and it didn't turn out at all for some reason. That side of my hair just doesn't work well?

I know exactly what you mean!lol Fingerwaving on someone is completely different from doing it on yourself! And I just don't see how those butterfly clips ever do a decent job for waves. They really don't work well. maybe if you have thinner hair, I don't know.

Have you seen this set of combs that are connected with rubber bands? You can use them to make waves all over your head. I didn't try it on myself, but the concept was interesting, and made for the woman to do at home. Those might help to achieve a deeper wave, as you are using the comb, and leaving it in to do the work. [huh]

The Shirt

Practically Family
EPR - I really adore that look. Our hair is similar in length and style when done. I too am having a bit of trouble getting the waves to look right. I do like that you clipped/combed the side portions back - it looks just darling. Perhaps it is the wave clips that we are using? I just have the flat single types and they just don't seem to work well for me.

epr25

Practically Family
Thanks allot shirt. I like this look and want to figure it out. I absolutely can not stand my hair in my face. It drives me crazy. I never wear it down. SO I had to figure something out with the waves. The silver clip on the side you can see is actually from my husbands grandmother. I'm glad he was a pack rat before I met him!

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
ohairas said:
Ok girls, here's my Chrismtas hair. I tried my fingerwave mold clips for the first time. I'll need to place them differently next time, but I'm really pleased with the first go!
Here's the set, (excuse the no makeup *yucky* )
2155834993_d66c490481.jpg

Pillow rollers,
2155838247_48f35e4cfd.jpg

I slept in this set and woke up about 5am and couldn't take it any longer. I got up and ripped the curlers out and was like WOW, my hair looks good, better take a pic before I go back to sleep and mess it up! Thus, I cut my face out of this pic, lol! Can you believe how much my hair shrunk up!? It's usually just past my shoulders, almost to bra strap in back.
2155875595_81e84e09d4.jpg

2156673934_66e152c1f1.jpg

And Chrismtas Eve, (really ticks me off that you can see thru this sweater in pics, I can't with the naked eye) Blouse and skirt are vintage.
2155592885_e8d5efb10a.jpg

2156662858_dcbb7afa6f_b.jpg

I just got another set of vintage finger wave clips, can't wait to get them in the mail! They are SO fun! I need to buy a mannequin and practice real ones again tho.
Nikki

This is how Ohairas did her hair with the clamps. It turned out lovely.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Epr I think yours turned out way better than mine! You're gorgeous!! :eusa_clap To me, they look how they're supposed to look. True finger waves are supposed to be close to the head. When sliding in the two metal prong thingies, are you sliding them in all the way at your scalp? Or are you trying to do just a layer on top? Should go thru all of the hair. Looks like you did it right to me. It is hard to do to ourselves!!
I love the black on you as well. If you're thinking of changing, better check out the dye or not to dye thread!

Red, I'd like to know more about the rubber band thingies you're talking about too!
Nikki
epr25 said:
Hi there. I tried to take some shots of my hair. I guess my lighting wasn't that great. But maybe you can see it a little. I used the wave clamps and foam rollers at the bottom. This is still a work in progress so I hope it will get better the more I do it. The only thing I can't figure out is how to make the waves deeper. The clamps make them so flat and close to my head. Has anyone else figured a way around this problem?

myhair1.jpg
[/IMG]

myhair2.jpg
[/IMG]

myhair3.jpg
[/IMG]

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Epr, did you put the clamps in all facing the same way? I put my second row going the opposite way, but yours looks dead on vintage to me!
Nikki

~*Red*~

Practically Family
epr25 said:
Where have you seen those? I would give it a shot.

Ebay has them occasionally, and a friend had some her husband found for her in a thrift shop. If I can find a pic of them, I will show you. They're actually pretty cool!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner