Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Miss Dexeter

New in Town
l_d04d121d2142e1125c6d50f0abb71ba0.jpg

l_301ea575592580188cdfcbfbbd0fe300.jpg

K, this is my little bob

It's not face dirt by the way, it's mirror dirt lol

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
It's not actually a "do" so much as a colour change. I wanted to darken my hair to let it grow out some and give it a break from the bleach, the condition is terrible. So the first colour I put in on Friday turned it a horrifying brown/purple, I guess it was a bad reaction with the bleach, so off I go and get Colour Opps, Well of course it's not going to bring it back to white but I do get a faded Red. Next I buy some Fanciful Roux in Bonfire, cut it into a chin length bob and here's the result. The flash took the colour out of the back pic, it's really red like the front all over.

000_2561.jpg

000_2563.jpg

000_2566.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Pink your hair looks fantastic, so do you.. no heart face needed! ;)

Shooshoobaby, love the do and your avatar hair as well! I think you are one of the most vintagey looking gals around.

I think the other Shooshoo posted as well, with the scarf? Very pretty, great rolls!

Faythe, wow what a difference in your rolls with the length. Lookin' swell, and I agree with Red, I like the color.

Goldwyn! I love it! It's good to change once in a while, enjoy the new you. You look gorgeous in either color!

Welcome to all the new gals!!
Nikki

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
Goldwyn girl!! I think it's a great change!! I really like it!!! Can I ask you a question? For how many monthes, years have you been a blonde??

The Shirt

Practically Family
Faythe - You look darling. The rolls turned out great and nice sassy avatar.

Goldwyn - what a drastic change - you were stunning as blond and now sultry as a redhead. Can't decide which I love better!

Shooshoo - you are too darn cute. I need to get me some hotsticks.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Sunny, do these have a brand name? I cannot find them anywhere, my Sally's doesn't carry them.
I used to use some vintage ones calle mini pins. I loved them!

Faythe and Goldwyn you are making me want to cut bangs!!
NIkki

Sunny said:
I'd also use small pins. I found them at Sally's, and they're maybe just over 1" long. Definitely smaller than regular pins. I love to use them to pin little bits of hair or tweak the shape of a roll, since they only hold a little bit and are light and delicate enough not to tug or show.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Pink it's adorable! Are you planning to keep the blonde? Looks like you're having fun with it! What are you gonna see?
Nikki

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Thanks ladies!

I'm prolly gonna grow out the blonde. Too much upkeep. Ask Lo Haze!

Saw an advance screening of Charlie Bartlett tonite. Good stuff. Recommended!

Sunny

One Too Many
ohairas said:
Sunny, do these have a brand name? I cannot find them anywhere, my Sally's doesn't carry them.
I used to use some vintage ones calle mini pins. I loved them!

I always have trouble with the Sally's website, but here they are.

The brand is "Meta-Grip" and 300 come in a clear plastic tub, about 3" tall. They're called "Mini Bob Pins" and are in 5 colors. I haven't had any tips come off them either, so they're pretty good. Hope that helps!

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
"Goldwyn! I love it! It's good to change once in a while, enjoy the new you. You look gorgeous in either color!"

Thank you Nikki

"Goldwyn girl!! I think it's a great change!! I really like it!!! Can I ask you a question? For how many monthes, years have you been a blonde??"

Thank you pennycarrol, I discovered the power of bleach in my very early teens and have been blonde for more than 20 years

Goldwyn - what a drastic change - you were stunning as blond and now sultry as a redhead. Can't decide which I love better!

The Shirt, is sure was a drastic change, darker than I planned but I like it, thank you.

Pink Dahlia, very cute

Belaqua

New in Town
Pink - I like that last style you did! It suits you very well.

Last night I went to the hair store to grab some of those non-heating hot sticks like curlers ( I wanted the heated kind, but alas, they don't stock those) and end papers (they don't stock those either). I ended up getting 20 (3/4") rollers, and something in the back of my head kept telling me I should probably get more, but I didn't, and I had deal with that in the end BUT I'm getting ahead of myself. I have layered, fine, THICK hair which I usually wear straight, but LOVE it curly (we always want what we don't have lol).
:eek:fftopic:
My usual hair dresser was on vacation the last time I needed a cut, and impatient me couldn't just wait for her to get back, I went to a different salon, and the girl HACKED layers into my hair. I CLEARLY said long layers that started at my chin, yet somehow I got 4 inch pieces at the top of my head in the back. It looked fine when I walked out, but when I did it myself, I saw the hackjob... I'm still trying to grow it out :-(

So back to my story...
After blowdrying my hair out, I started rolling, and quickly found that the layers would cause a major issue, because they were different lengths all along the sections, and little pieces wouldn't get rolled, so I found this little trick, which stems from Red's (I think?) idea of using toliet paper
P.S. Red - you're a genious!
Anyways, I ripped off a longish piece of paper, long enough to cover the entire section, top to bottom. I folded the paper in half, put my hair in between the halves, and then used a clip like this:
Metal_Duckbill_Clips.jpg

near the top to hold the paper in place, and removed it when I had rolled up close to it, then finished rolling and secured.

And that is the moral of my story! End papers aren't just for ends at all! and they don't need to be "endpapers" either!

I wish I had pictures for you all, but my bf made me take the whole set out right after they went in, so there was a very minimal curl. [huh]

-Belaqua

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart