Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Antje

One Too Many
TessTrueheart said:
Not a great picture, but this is me wearing my new snood. Love the updo, Deadpandiva!
thDSCN0076-1.jpg

i like the snood.
my mom made one for me, but i havent figured it out how to wear the front of my hair when I'm wearing it.
i probably put my hair in roles at the front.
I post a pic of it when I do wear my snood

TessTrueheart

deadpandiva said:
Cute snood. Is there a bow on top?

Yes, it has little satin bow. I've never worn a snood before, but I really liked it. I met two of my friends today and both said "nice cap!" :) I was worried it wasn't going to stay in place all day, but it did, and I was perfectly comfortable wearing it.
I bought it from Joyce (thesnoodlady.com), 80 years old and still crocheting snoods! She is a lovely lady.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
DeadPanDiva, very cute! In the last pic, is that a little hat? It fits into your hairdo quite well. I have such a hard time fitting hats into my do without killing the do. This hat looks just perfect (or is it just a flower, hard to tell).

MissS

A-List Customer
Deadpandiva, I love the updo!

TessTruheart, the snood is beautiful on you - I'm going to add it to my shopping list!

Well, here is my second attempt...I slept in foam rollers last night with day old hair. Day old hair + rain + humidity = flat, straight hair by 4pm! Sigh.

Picture9.jpg

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Kamikat-It's just a flower but it's on a clip instead of a barrett so it's more versatile I think. I would love a hat along those same lines.
MissS- Your hair looks lovley.

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
MissS said:
Well, here is my second attempt...I slept in foam rollers last night with day old hair. Day old hair + rain + humidity = flat, straight hair by 4pm! Sigh.

Picture9.jpg

it looks nice :) as someone with straight, thin hair, i have to say the dirty-hair trick does nothing for me. it just gets limp and greasy no matter what i do to it [huh]

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
leaette said:
i am the same way, if i don't wash my hair daily, it gets so greasy and stringy.

i've been able to get up to every-other-day, but waiting longer than that just doesn't work for me. and day 2 never looks or feels as good as day one!

sorry, this is getting a little :eek:fftopic:

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I'm way late to this party but DeadPanDiva your pictures are fabulous! Love the hair but also the outfits and the poses--great!

Smuterella

One Too Many
i have poker straight fine hair but I only wash it once, occasionally twice a week

i thinks its having it bleached regularly, it dries the scalp out

SarahLouise

Practically Family
retromom147 said:
Welcome MissS! Your hair is lovely! Hope your style lasts all day...I have Oriental hair and it took me all of two years to find a way to make it stay put. Normal products made it bog down:rolleyes: Hope to hear from you quite a bit in here and again welcome.

Would you care to share your secrets? ;)

MissS, your hair looks lovely and Deadpandiva, very cute pics! The updo looks great.

ShortClara

One Too Many
deadpandiva said:
Please forgive my dirty mirror. Here is my attempt at an updo. I rather like it.

Picture010.jpg
Picture006.jpg
Picture005.jpg

Here it is with a scarf.
Picture002.jpg

I just kinda like this picture.;)
Picture022-1.jpg

And so continues my girl-crush in the inimitable Dead Pan Diva, who I wish would move in next to me so we could have fun adventures full of Hi-Jinks and cute hair-dos. The whole block would shake their fists at us and we wouldn't care! :D

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Wow Kamikat. I love that color. I enevy all the redheads here.

ShortClara I wish I lived near you too or I wish I'd known you when I did live in California. We could have been purse cat burglars.

StellaLuna

New in Town
Thanks for the Set!

lyburnum said:
My hair today:
IMG_9479.jpg

IMG_9475.jpg

The set:
DSC00094.jpg

One of my favourite sets as it's so quick and easy to do, and not too bad to sleep on

Thank you Lyburnum for showing us the set! I take so much inspiration from the styles you post - I have fringe similar to yours and it's nice to see the way you make the fringe work and look so great! :eusa_clap

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Here are some closeups from a roller derby shoot I did yesterday. My hair was set overnight with pillow rollers (bangs done with pincurls). I combed through with my fingers in the morning and pinned everything up with combs. In the evening before the shoot, I brushed everything out to get the look you see here.

derbyshootclose1.jpg

derbyshootclose2.jpg

You can see a couple of the full photos in the Ladies of the Lounge thread, if you're interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn