Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

~*Red*~

Practically Family
kamikat said:
Not so much a hair do pic, but I just had to show off my new color. I am SOOO in love with this color!
2295900053_5c59bb3184.jpg

Soooo beautiful!!!! Where's the whistle smilie when you need one? hee hee!

What color are you using? You can totally see the new color happiness in the pic!lol

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
~*Red*~ said:
Soooo beautiful!!!! Where's the whistle smilie when you need one? hee hee!

What color are you using? You can totally see the new color happiness in the pic!lol

It's Manic Panic Vampire Red. The last color was just awful. I did something I knew I shouldn't have just because I was too lazy to run back out to the supply house. I used 30vol developer when I should have used 10 or 20, but I was out. The color was Matrix 7R and exactly matches my hairpiece when I use it with 10vol. With the 30vol, it was ORANGE, but at least the grey was gone :D I was worried about th Manic Panic, but it came out such a lovely color. I had used it on clients with prelightened hair, but this is the first time I'd used it on color treated hair that wasn't bleached. It looks great and not too wild.

leaette

A-List Customer
johanna, love the blue eye shadow. i think a lot of people shy away from blue eye shadow with fear of recreating the 1980's. but i think if it's done in the right environment, like you did, it looks totally FAB!

i love your curls too. i wish i had the energy to curl my hair. but i sit at home with my baby on most days and just don't have the desire to pincurl my hair to sit on the floor and play with baby.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
kamikat said:
It's Manic Panic Vampire Red. The last color was just awful. I did something I knew I shouldn't have just because I was too lazy to run back out to the supply house. I used 30vol developer when I should have used 10 or 20, but I was out. The color was Matrix 7R and exactly matches my hairpiece when I use it with 10vol. With the 30vol, it was ORANGE, but at least the grey was gone :D I was worried about th Manic Panic, but it came out such a lovely color. I had used it on clients with prelightened hair, but this is the first time I'd used it on color treated hair that wasn't bleached. It looks great and not too wild.

hee hee.. man, that's what I have to use on my hair.. 30 vol or higher. 10 and 20 would do nothing!lol

The vampire red looks soooo good on you. Not too wild at all. Just right, I'd say!:D

Candied violets

New in Town
My first attempt

After reading the first 20 or so pages of this topic I decided to try curling my hair with more attention paid to placement of the curlers last night. I'm lucky, as a girl nothing would keep curls in my hair short of perming. I wore it boy short for about 12 years and then grew it out again and to my surprise it was wavy and keeps a curl beautifully all day long. I guess my hair being so thin and fine, while making me look bald if parted badly, does give me very little to weigh the curls down.

Anyhow, I used foam rollers (I bought a new pack of smaller ones last night as suggested since the back never curled as well as the front). My hair is about shoulder length and layered. I carefully sectioned my freshly showered hair and smoothly wrapped each lock and then covered it all with a satin sleeping scarf. This morning I gently unwound the curlers and then, first time ever, brushed the curls out. (I always worried I'd get a head of fluff if I did that before with my hodge-podge method).

me.jpg

It actually turned out pretty well I think. The picture, being taken on a friend's camera phone at work did not turn out so well but such is life. I'm hoping to do my hair for a gathering this weekend where the railroad club (founded in 1938) I belong to is celebrating the birthday of the last surviving founding member. I thought something vintage might be cute and appropriate. What do you ladies think? Any suggestions?

CassD

One of the Regulars
Candied Violets I think your curls look wonderful. The picture is at least good enough to show them, and the bow is a very nice touch.

Magpie Annie

Familiar Face
my first post!

Hello everyone! I have been reading this thread all week, and I have been so inspired by all of your beautiful hairdos!! I am nervous to post these pictures, because this was my first attempt at a roller set, actually the first time I rolled my hair ever! My hair is naturally really straight, and I have always been one of those wash-n-go girls, but all of your pictures got me all excited, so I went out and bought some cheap-o foam rollers! A lot of the curls were wonk-tastic, but overall I was happy with it! :)

2294857413_d967978284.jpg

2295651572_16cb365826.jpg

Any pointers!? Let me know!

p.s. I am glad to finally be posting!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Magpie Annie said:
Any pointers!? Let me know!

Looks pretty good, Magpie! And welcome to the Lounge!

My only pointer is practice, practice, practice! Try setting lotion, try different types of rollers, different size sections of hair, wet sets, dry sets... just play around with it and you will find what works for you. In no time at all, you'll be posting photos that make you look like a pro :)

Magpie Annie

Familiar Face
Kitty T, thanks so much for the words of encouragement and tips! :)

sorry to post again so quickly! i have been waiting in the queue to become a member, so I have two sets of pictures to post! I was going for a pageboy type look!

2295651720_54723bfa4e.jpg

2294857529_ca7d240f5e.jpg

2294857609_30a0ea9e09.jpg

<3 <3 <3

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Magpie Annie said:
Kitty T, thanks so much for the words of encouragement and tips! :)

sorry to post again so quickly! i have been waiting in the queue to become a member, so I have two sets of pictures to post! I was going for a pageboy type look!

2295651720_54723bfa4e.jpg

2294857529_ca7d240f5e.jpg

2294857609_30a0ea9e09.jpg

<3 <3 <3
It looks great, I love this look on you :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn