Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
Odalisque said:
Wow...so my regular set kinda went way too curly tonight. I think I rolled the curlers too tight so I went for more of a 30's look tonight.
lounge061.jpg

lounge062.jpg

Holy cute! Your hair looks adorable like that!

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Hi Ladies! I just wanted to say that even though I don't post much anymore... I still peek in and I am flaburgasted (sp?) by how wonderful everyone is with their hair! I could learn a thing or two from you ladies!!! Great jobs everyone!!!

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Odalisque said:
Wow...so my regular set kinda went way too curly tonight. I think I rolled the curlers too tight so I went for more of a 30's look tonight.
lounge061.jpg

lounge062.jpg
I love this! I would die to have my hair exactly like that! Would you share your techniques?

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Audrey Horne said:
I love this! I would die to have my hair exactly like that! Would you share your techniques?
Thank you :)

I used foam rollers for this; the green size for the top and front sides and the pink for the rest. I did a deep side part. Rolled the top and sides back away from my face. I rolled them tighter then usual which is why they ended up sooo curly.
The back I just rolled under and at an angle.
Once they dried, brushed them out with a paddle brush. I used some pomade because the curls were super frizzy. Basically I just kind of let the style be after brushing it out and reshaping the curls.
Honestly, that's so confusing. One day, I will draw out my setting pattern. Sorry. :eusa_doh:

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Can't wait to see them Esme!!

Everyone looks gorgeous.. Hello to all the new loungers!!
Nikki

Esme said:
Ah, phooey on 'em. I went ahead and ordered the golden tortoiseshell cat's eyes. What do kids know?
I had my husband with me and said the cat's eyes looked good. He has excellent taste and would soooo tell me if they looked crap. They are not too extreme and all the ladies in the shop thought they looked cool.
Should be here in about two weeks.

JessiLynn

Familiar Face
Went to the city today to see Wicked. Actually payed attention to how I was pin-curling my hair last night, so while it took forever, I was happy with the result :)
(ignore the black hole for a face, it was an awful picture)
dsc00283vz3.jpg
dsc00285op0.jpg

dsc00284hm4.jpg

balgal

New in Town
Originally posted by jtcarry
does anyone know some awesome tips for finger waves

Oh! Do you really whan to know how to do fingerwaves? Cause I love to do them!! I got good at them after practicing on my maniken and on a live person with long hair!!

Here are some picks with fingerwaves in them:

index.cfm

index.cfm

index.cfm

index.cfm

In order to get fingerwaves your hair has to be wet and use a ample enough of gel in order to wave it.

balgal

Yixuan

New in Town
JessiLynn said:
Went to the city today to see Wicked. Actually payed attention to how I was pin-curling my hair last night, so while it took forever, I was happy with the result :)
(ignore the black hole for a face, it was an awful picture)
dsc00283vz3.jpg
dsc00285op0.jpg

dsc00284hm4.jpg

wow... this is very very nice. I wish i had this length so i can do this style.I love your avatar hairstyle too. You have a beautiful face why hide it with a black hole!?

Odalisque- Its never too curly! Yours is definitely just good, not too curly. I like it this way in fact! the curls will loosen up later in the day. did you mention you used foam curler? those things work? i was thinking of getting them cuz they seem nicer to sleep in. Plastic curlers kept me up all night because it hurt so much! i didnt think it was worth the pain so i used pincurls instead!

KittyVonKirsche

Familiar Face
Cant believe Im doing this... This is just me messing about with "the happy pompadour" n fake rolls. Excuse the straggly ends , I was just testing it out. Oh n sorry for the brightness. Had to play with the exposure so you could see the black. This is new for me. I either have Bettie bangs (like my avatar) or a sky high quiff. no laughing! :D

school008-1.jpg

Sorry its tiny. was either that or huge for some reason. Any help with pic sizing would be great.
I have another shot where you can see the smile. Will post it tomorrow.

mentha

Familiar Face
Not quite sure if this is where I had best put this question, but I figured "Hair thread, hair question... couldn't hurt to ask". So here it is. I'm guessing we all know the following image:

135517807_106abb2c66.jpg

Now I just KNOW I've seen a complete pdf of this booklet somewhere online, and I'm really kicking myself for not saving it (especially since I save just about anything interesting I find...) Do any of you lovely ladies happen to have any tips on this issue? It would really help me to hopefully one day put a picture of myself with gorgeous vintage hair in this thread.

Thanks in advance!!

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Yixuan said:
wow... this is very very nice. I wish i had this length so i can do this style.I love your avatar hairstyle too. You have a beautiful face why hide it with a black hole!?

Odalisque- Its never too curly! Yours is definitely just good, not too curly. I like it this way in fact! the curls will loosen up later in the day. did you mention you used foam curler? those things work? i was thinking of getting them cuz they seem nicer to sleep in. Plastic curlers kept me up all night because it hurt so much! i didnt think it was worth the pain so i used pincurls instead!

That days set was just passable. One day, I'll take a picture of my super curly hair. Trust me, there is no way that look would ever pass as vintage! lol
I like foam rollers because I'm usually too lazy to do pincurls every time. They are much more comfortable then plastic rollers but I still have a hard time finding a good position.

KittyVonKirsche Your pomp looks fab! I'm so jealous...faux bangs just don't work for me. Great job :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

KittyVonKirsche

Familiar Face
Odalisque said:
KittyVonKirsche Your pomp looks fab! I'm so jealous...faux bangs just don't work for me. Great job :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
I have a hard time believing anything wouldnt work with your face. youre GORGEOUS! Thankyou :) I know its too high but first try n all that..

Esme

One of the Regulars
OHMIGAWD!!! Kitty. You are stunning!!!
Hey, PM me about that movie and stuff.
I quit my job today!!! YIKES!! Or I gave notice anyway!
So we have to get togther sooooooon.

Love ya.

And wow - you really do have red streaks! So cool. I am getting my blue ones now. soon.

HoneysuckleRose

New in Town
mentha said:
Not quite sure if this is where I had best put this question, but I figured "Hair thread, hair question... couldn't hurt to ask". So here it is. I'm guessing we all know the following image:

135517807_106abb2c66.jpg

Now I just KNOW I've seen a complete pdf of this booklet somewhere online, and I'm really kicking myself for not saving it (especially since I save just about anything interesting I find...) Do any of you lovely ladies happen to have any tips on this issue? It would really help me to hopefully one day put a picture of myself with gorgeous vintage hair in this thread.

Thanks in advance!!

Is this the site you're thinking of...?
http://www.vintagememoirs.com/hair.html

mentha

Familiar Face
No, that wasn't it. They have quite a number of scans though. I swear it was a complete pdf file... Darnit, me and my bad memory... ;) Oh well, I'll keep looking! Thanks anyway!

Laura Chase

One Too Many
I didn't have a lot of time and just wanted soft curls. The curlers I used are great for simulating pin curls! If I had done a wet-set + used smaller sections /more curlers, it would have been exactly like a pin curl set, so I highly recommend these curlers. My bangs have an annoying length right now, and usually just roll them under, like here. I used:

• Curlers similar to these, they are amazingly easy to put in.
  • End papers
  • Lottabody
  • Slept with them overnight

3253909578_1004a88261.jpg

3253081431_22ba9dc855.jpg

3253906202_772f778699.jpg

3253079233_485e1ed266.jpg

Of course, it rained today, so my curls dropped a lot, but the ends are still a bit curly.

Ales Rider

New in Town
KittyVonKirsche said:
I love your hair! Can I ask what dye you use? I have pink at the front n black at the back but Im thinking of switching to red. Yours looks gorgeous. So does your dress. What a bargain!

Thanks Kitty!! your's is great!! I wish my hair would set into a lovely neat 'pomp' as rours does - but alas its just not to be!! How do you get yours to go into the pomp, do you set it into large rollers first or anything?

As for the dye in my hair, I use any kinda blue/black permanent I can find on special offer at the time on the underneath of my hair, as for the red/pink I think the product is called 'SmartLights' (i'm not at home at the moment - visiting my Mom for the next few weeks whilst she is unwell) its a great permanent dye (semi-permanents just don't take on my hair) which is just one step, so you don't have to pre-bleach to get the vibrant colour. I promise i'll double check when i get home as i have 2 spare in the bathroom. Its inexpensive to buy (around £4 ukp) but i will pre-warn you that it does dry out my hair a little, but a good deep condition after rinsing out the dye and for around 4 washes after usually gets my hair back to normal. They dye is VERY strong though so I would definately recommend a strand and skin test before use on your own hair - if you can get hold of the stuff over in Oz that is!!

Thanks again for your kind comments!

Ales xx

EDIT:

Found it!! its called Smart Highlights

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Smart-Highlights-Hot-Magenta-Hair-Colour-Dye-x-3-Packs_W0QQitemZ270311831628QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Health_Beauty_Hair_Care_Hair_Colouring_Dyes_PP?hash=item270311831628&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1688%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925