Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Brooksie

One Too Many
balgal said:
What kinda of hairspray are you using? And secondly are you spraying your hair before or after? And lastly are you putting to much hairspray and getting helmet head?

And unfortunality I have not seen lottabody sold anywhere in Hillsboro, beaverton, portland at all. I usually use setting lotion from sallys beauty supply for pin curls and curlers.

I get my Lottabody setting lotion at Sallys in Portland - I used to go to the one on HWY 224 at the Strip Mall with the Albertson's in it. It's Actually on the border of Portland/Clackamas. I believe it was in the ethnic hair section and is maybe why you are not finding it??

Hela

New in Town
MissHannah said:
Just got back from getting my hair cut at Nina's Hair Parlour http://www.ninasvintageandretrohair.com/index.html

Hair060209C.jpg

Hair060209A.jpg

What a beautiful style for you, it looks fantastic!

Hela

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
exquisitebones said:
you do so many pic curls! that must take forever :p

here is my latest 50s-esque do. I never part in the middle so I thought I would give it a try. and of course margaux jean is back too.
3233631360_dfbc751b57.jpg
I love the center part. I have tried it several times and can't pull it off. You look stunning.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Antje- I love the faux bang. I think you did an excellent job.
Inky- I know I sad it before but I so love your hair color.
MissHannah-I really love your hair cut. I should get a professional cut and I want mine shorter but it's so thick that I am afraid to go any shorter.

sadayo

New in Town
So Much Talent

I've noticed that there's a certain length when it starts getting really difficult to get hair up in rolls. I need to go in and take about 4-6 inches off my length anyways since my hair is starting to cover the patch on my jacket. (Here's a pic of me snapped while I was checking out a fellow club members 51 Nash.)
l_a855e7fa1a8a4a6f8b5a32c2b5e96a90.jpg

Antje

One Too Many
Thank you deadpandiva

and sadayo, I think maybe if you have some more layers or something the rolls wil go easier, my hair has almost the same lenght as me and I have no problem rolling my hair

MissHannah

One Too Many
Thank you everybody!

Deadpandiva - my hair is pretty thick and I do have to brush my curls out quite hard with a bristle brush to avoid a spherical look but it does mean that the curls support each other well too, so don't be put off too much by having thick hair. I use very small velcro rollers to get good dense curls all around the bottom of my hair which can support looser curls above if I want them. Kind of like this:

Hair120209B.jpg

Hair120209A.jpg

volatile

A-List Customer
MissHannah said:
Very cool! My boyfriend goes to Nick at Murray's in Kingston - £11.50 and an awesome quiff every time!

Curtain2.jpg

Nice. My hair's not as long as his, due to some overzealous orange lady at Toni and Guy a while back... with Mr DT's help, I'm getting there, though!

MissHannah

One Too Many
volatile said:
Nice. My hair's not as long as his, due to some overzealous orange lady at Toni and Guy a while back... with Mr DT's help, I'm getting there, though!

Oh god - how annoying! I once got given an awful 'youth' haircut by a hairdresser when I asked for a classic bob!! You look like you've only got another couple of inches to go so you'll be fully quiffed-up before you know it :)

KittyVonKirsche

Familiar Face
volatile said:
Me after a fresh cut from Mr. Ducktail, Carnaby Street, London.
MissHannah said:
Very cool! My boyfriend goes to Nick at Murray's in Kingston - £11.50 and an awesome quiff every time![./QUOTE]
Volatile, could I get you and MrHannah to come give my hubby some style tips please? ;)
MissHannah youre fella is just the kind of good looking fella a beauty like you should be on the arm of :D

klara

One of the Regulars
clubwitsend said:
3119604288_f6f7b27188.jpg

Fresh from a haircut at Fringe Salon, NYC

That's a wonderfull haircut. Seems like Fringe Salon is worth a visit.
Is there any other hair salons worth a visit in NYC you if like vintage hairstyles?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner