Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

clubwitsend

Practically Family
klara said:
That's a wonderfull haircut. Seems like Fringe Salon is worth a visit.
Is there any other hair salons worth a visit in NYC you if like vintage hairstyles?

I would probably be the wrong one to ask because I'm such a loyal Fringe client! I wouldn't say they specialize in vintage, BUT they DO specialize in amazing bangs. So if you're looking for 'fringe', it's the place to go!

MissHannah

One Too Many
cherry lips said:
I agree! He better treat you like a queen too...
Oh he totally does cherry lips! He's the best boyfriend in the world ever, I promise you!

clubwitsend - you look SO chic. Talk about classic style...
antje - do you just get prettier every day or what?!
exquisitebones - see above! Loving the curls on you.

MissHannah

One Too Many
At least a couple of weeks if you want to be able to pick and choose the time and date that'll suit you. Longer if you can.

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
I had a photoshoot on sunday, and stayed up to late on Saturday.. so I frantically tried to pin-curl my hair on sunday before the shoot..
what turned out was the worst set ever... look at the right side .. oh my ;) [huh]

3287115127_39f7753cab.jpg

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
exquisitebones, you look breathtaking ^ Believe me nobody will notice any eventual faults in the set!
I want to thank Smuterella, MissHannah, Mrs. Merl and Laura Chase for their helpful advice concerning my haircut. I went to Floris Salong in Malmö http://eniro.se/query?search_word=floris+salong&geo_area=malm%F6&what=all and got it all chopped off today. Now I look a bit like Rizzo:
AAAAC_j9358AAAAAABsJrw.jpg

Personally I love it, but I can't help wonder what the young men will think!:eek: I hope to post pics this weekend, I'm looking forward to your opinion...

o0olibelulao0o

Familiar Face
I'm New :) Hair help?

Hello there, I've been lurking for a couple weeks now... And I finally got a log in... I've been obsessed with everyone's hair here, and I've only done two sets, one was pin curls and last night I used a foam roller set... Here's what I came out with... Opinions and Tips/Help are GREATLY appreciated :)

My Pin Curl Set... And attempt at rolls :)
vintagelookqr9.jpg

And my foam roller set today (turned into an updo... kind of fake bob?)
001ud4.jpg

the back
008vn0.jpg

the front up close
002vg9.jpg

004mq7.jpg

The Sides
006xp0.jpg

007uu3.jpg

what do you think? Any comments/suggestions? Other styles to try, my hair is very long and layered so it's hard to figure out what to do... And honestly... What do I do once I take the set out?! I brush it, then what? That is where I get lost... :) Thanks

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
o0olibelulao0o said:
Hello there, I've been lurking for a couple weeks now... And I finally got a log in... I've been obsessed with everyone's hair here, and I've only done two sets, one was pin curls and last night I used a foam roller set... Here's what I came out with... Opinions and Tips/Help are GREATLY appreciated :)

My Pin Curl Set... And attempt at rolls :)
vintagelookqr9.jpg

what do you think? Any comments/suggestions? Other styles to try, my hair is very long and layered so it's hard to figure out what to do... And honestly... What do I do once I take the set out?! I brush it, then what? That is where I get lost... :) Thanks

You are just breathtaking! Those eyes!!! well, I do love what you are doing now with your hair! Totally envious! ;) :D
It just takes practice and lots of experimenting and usage of the fingers to get a desired look!
There are soooo many posts of pictures on this thread that are of great inspiration!

o0olibelulao0o

Familiar Face
LelaViavonie said:
You are just breathtaking! Those eyes!!! well, I do love what you are doing now with your hair! Totally envious! ;) :D
It just takes practice and lots of experimenting and usage of the fingers to get a desired look!
There are soooo many posts of pictures on this thread that are of great inspiration!

Thank you :) I have no idea exactly what I'm doing with my hair... I just kind of copy what I see here (tooons of great pictures of everyone!) Everyone elses hair just looks so much more polished... I'm not sure how to get mine that way haha. I'll keep trying and keep posting :) I'm in love with this board, everyone has such AMAZING taste :)

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
Welcome o0olibelulao0o!
I agree with Lela, you are gorgeous and your hair looks lovely! I think with doing a set, be it with pin curls or foam rollers, it is all about experimentation. Just keep at it, pay attention to your setting pattern each time, eventually you'll find something you really like. I'm really a firm believer in setting lotion, it makes all the difference in the look and hold of your curls. Also, the second day or third day of a set, for me anyway, is always the best. I think when I first started doing my hair I threw away lots of good sets before they had a chance to even look their best. As far as after you take the pins or rollers out, my only advice is to brush, brush, brush, and shape with your hands until you are satisfied! Before you know it, your sets will be practically effortless! :)

o0olibelulao0o

Familiar Face
ClaraB said:
Welcome o0olibelulao0o!
I agree with Lela, you are gorgeous and your hair looks lovely! I think with doing a set, be it with pin curls or foam rollers, it is all about experimentation. Just keep at it, pay attention to your setting pattern each time, eventually you'll find something you really like. I'm really a firm believer in setting lotion, it makes all the difference in the look and hold of your curls. Also, the second day or third day of a set, for me anyway, is always the best. I think when I first started doing my hair I threw away lots of good sets before they had a chance to even look their best. As far as after you take the pins or rollers out, my only advice is to brush, brush, brush, and shape with your hands until you are satisfied! Before you know it, your sets will be practically effortless! :)

Thank you! Maybe setting lotion will help get my curls to last that long! The long bits in the back seem to be pretty straight by the end of the day... But setting lotion will probably help alot... and I just read about pin curling it again at night to keep it going longer... I'll definately have to try that. And I think I need to do larger rollers on the top/shorter pieces and smaller ones on the longer ones (maybe?) the big long curls come out alot faster, and then I look like a poodle on top... lol

The Shirt

Practically Family
And I think I need to do larger rollers on the top/shorter pieces and smaller ones on the longer ones

On the last row at the bottom of my neck I tend to do smaller pin curls for just that reason. It always seems to straighten out to early in relation to my other curls. I also agree that once you brush out, re-shape the curls with your fingers. I sometimes cheat with my fly-aways and use a modern product (John Freida Sleek something or the other) and use the lightest touch of that on the outside of the curl to smooth it out.

You look gorgeous - and if that is some of your early attempts, I have a feeling you'll be giving the advice in no time.

Antje

One Too Many
Miss Hannah, you're too sweet

oOolibelulaoOo, I love the large curls, I mostely wear my first day of a set in large curls and then the second I start brushing and form it with my hands,
Here's a terrible pic of my hair on a third day, ( the end of the day) with a roll in the front and the neck in a banana-clip

My hair had to cope with wind and rain, as I was biking to my work,

4k8squ.jpg

o0olibelulao0o

Familiar Face
The Shirt: thank you. I did something today that turned out really well... I'll post pics in a bit. :) I think some product would make it a little less frizzy like you said. Thanks

Antje: wow your hair looks really good for being through all that! Maybe my curls can last three days :) And if not, I can always wear a bandana right? lol Thanks for the tips :)

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
LelaViavonie said:

I agree with Lela as well, you are a stunning gal!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner