Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Antje

One Too Many
deadpandiva said:
Antje, I love the behive but I always love your hair.
deco_darling, your hair is lovley as usual. I am also in love with that necklace. Is it vintage?
TheSwingingBee, I really love your hair. I wish I could master that look.

This is my attempt at a 30's style with my somewhat natural hair.
009_13A.jpg

Thank deadpandiva, You have great natural hair, and this look suits you greatly

here's my hair today

2ugf9dv.jpg

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Hello Goddess
2ugf9dv.jpg

Here's my hair:
pup14b.jpg

I love it because it's so low maintenance: Once a week I wash it with shampoo only and then set it (a wet set), and that's it! All the other days I only brush it (with a bristle brush), maybe comb the front wave, and run my fingers through it. The perfect do for a lazy and old-fashioned gal!

balgal

New in Town
chanteuseCarey, you look so cute with your hair down and styled!!

If you choose to do another beehive look, fabric works well when achieving the look, another option is long strips of cotton. Or you could do a wet set and backcomb your hair.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
another vintage look for me...

Here is vintage hairstyle #3, I'm wearing one of my vintage 40s tilt hats. This is good closeup pic showing off the hat, and the vintage hairstyle is another wet roller set. He brushed the sides and upper back out a bit, then worked with the comb to get the curls shaped this time. Again, I took the hat with me to the hairdressers, the set was specifically designed to work with this hat.

362688693.jpg

362688699.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
not me!

You mean gorgeous redhead Antje... no beehive for me.

balgal said:
chanteuseCarey, you look so cute with your hair down and styled!!

If you choose to do another beehive look, fabric works well when achieving the look, another option is long strips of cotton. Or you could do a wet set and backcomb your hair.

MissHannah

One Too Many
cherry lips said:
Here's my hair:
pup14b.jpg

I love it because it's so low maintenance: Once a week I wash it with shampoo only and then set it (a wet set), and that's it! All the other days I only brush it (with a bristle brush), maybe comb the front wave, and run my fingers through it. The perfect do for a lazy and old-fashioned gal!

I'm so jealous you can set your hair just once a week! I have to do mine pretty much every day or it just disappears overnight!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
MissHannah said:
I'm so jealous you can set your hair just once a week! I have to do mine pretty much every day or it just disappears overnight!
I'm just lucky: I was born with wavy hair and I found a good hairdresser in my city (all her clients are elderly!) who cuts to enhance each natural wave. But you have Nina, your own magic fingers, and the hair do dreams are made of! Besides, imagine the greasy days I had to go through before my hair adapted to the once a week shampoo...*yucky* ;)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
DD's first vintage hairdo...

Here is the hairstyle the vintage hairdresser in SF did for our almost 15yo Sarah. Done with a large barrel curling iron. She has a large sweeping wave across her forehead, a long braid going up and across the front at the crown of her head, and the long back curls are caught up in a snood, done asymmetrically for an evening look. The snood is clipped with a bakelite barrette into the edge of the front curl, and tucked under the braid.

Here she is dancing E.C. Swing at the BAWMHRS dinner Sat evening 4/25, with BAWMHRS member Dave Bergman. Both Sarah's outfit and Mr. Bergman's uniform are vintage WWII.
362709025.jpg

PS

A-List Customer
chanteuseCarey,
your DD looks beautiful! how nice to have had her hair done for the occasion!
Antje,
your hair color makes me so envious! is just beyond luscious.
Deadpandiva and Cherry, You are too cute! You make everything look so effortless.

Antje

One Too Many
chanteuseCarey said:
Here is vintage hairstyle #3, I'm wearing one of my vintage 40s tilt hats. This is good closeup pic showing off the hat, and the vintage hairstyle is another wet roller set. He brushed the sides and upper back out a bit, then worked with the comb to get the curls shaped this time. Again, I took the hat with me to the hairdressers, the set was specifically designed to work with this hat.

362688693.jpg

362688699.jpg

how great this is actually a set specially for your hat, I love the collor of the hat with your face :eusa_clap

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
This is WHY i joined this forum! You ladies all have such FABULOUS hair! I have done pretty much everything to my hair from braid extensions :eusa_doh: to a pixie cut :eek: i have been growing my hair out for the past 8 years. I will post pictures of it when i can, but i just cut off about 6 and a bit inches. I usually just would wear my hair in a bun on my head because there was just so much of it, it would just all fall if i even attempted to curl it! I tried last weekend when my hair was still to the middle of my back, to roll it...it was just a fuzzy mess...now that my hair is about collar bone length, i'm sure it will be WAAAAY easier to do stuff with it. I was reading online one day (maybe it was on here...) that it's easier to get the proper shape of a roll, i tried it and although it didn't look PERFECT it worked! I just used a big curling iron (2-3") when it was still cold to get the shape, then just worked the curling iron out and pinned it. I totally suggest using that technique if you're as hair impaired as me!

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Atomized....that hair is rad. You look like Wendy O. Williams! (I think I just showed my age..hehe)

So I took the plunge and whacked off my hair....I got a super bad cut last time and waited a couple months to cut it again so I could bob it to my liking. Below are photos of what it looked like last fall before the bad cut, and what it looked like yesterday....I'm even making the same face. :) I really like it and think it will go very nicely with the dresses I've been making.

me_at_work3-1.jpg
mynewhair.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn