Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Grant Fan

Practically Family
sorry for the poor quality I used my cell phone. This was monday after noon. I was trying to get my bangs (they aren't really bangs but that area of my hair) to wave. I pincurled and set the hair the night before I liked what I got. Please note the wave on the side of with the most hair.
05180917591.jpg

05180918001.jpg

Shirin

A-List Customer
Grant Fan said:
sorry for the poor quality I used my cell phone. This was monday after noon. I was trying to get my bangs (they aren't really bangs but that area of my hair) to wave. I pincurled and set the hair the night before I liked what I got. Please note the wave on the side of with the most hair.
05180917591.jpg

05180918001.jpg

You are so beautiful! I ♥ your hairstyle!!!! Off topic-wow those are some really white teeth.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Shirin said:
You are so beautiful! I ♥ your hairstyle!!!! Off topic-wow those are some really white teeth.

Aww thanks, I had them whitened abot 5 years ago but they are naturally pretty white, the red lipstick helps too.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Audrey Horne said:
I posted these on livejournal but I thought I'd post them here too.

2355151081_f7769d36dd.jpg

2355984302_d6190a66f8.jpg

So Audrey your hair inspired me here is my attempt at this style, It isn't quite the same but i do enjoy it and you inspired it so I should share. My hair is naturally very curly to the result is a bit different

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

SweetieStarr

A-List Customer
Grant Fan said:
So Audrey your hair inspired me here is my attempt at this style, It isn't quite the same but i do enjoy it and you inspired it so I should share. My hair is naturally very curly to the result is a bit different

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

This looks great! BTW - you do look like Rita.

cecil

A-List Customer
crazydaisy said:
So no feedback about my sister's hair than? Is that because you gals think is bad?

looked better than how she normally wears it (no offence to her). i think the only reason she re-did it was because she wasn't confident wearing her hair curly, not because you didn't do good. nag your way into letting you do it again and try something less 50s and more 60s maybe? perhaps a beehivey type thing like this?

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1388/1230904496_0288574259.jpg?v=0

that way you still get to experiment with retro hair for fun and she gets a style that she's less likely to ruin after your hard work!

AudreyHorne (<-- ps great username, i love Twin Peaks!) and Grant Fan, you have inspired me to attempt that hair-do!

lazydaisyltd

One of the Regulars
crazydaisy said:
So no feedback about my sister's hair than? Is that because you gals think is bad?

Oh, no, no! I thought it was darling and that you did a great job--I should have said so earlier.

As for her washing it out and not wanting to wear it, well, she might be more of the type to blend in rather than stand out, and that's okay. Everyone is different, and she needs to do what is comfortable for her. You did a great job and it really did turn out cute, though.

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Oh thanks! Whether I did or not a good job was not the issue- I know that I am not that great at it anyway- what I was wondering was if it suited her or not. I thought it did but the guys felt differently, so I was quite puzzled.

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Cecil, she does look good with a beehive, when she had her hair longer she did it herself- 60's is rather good on her, although I don't think she intended it as such - a beehive is great because it gives height to her short forehead but no volume on the sides. I didn't know you can do a beehive with short hair. Or maybe fake one...?!

Elina

New in Town
Here are a few pics of my hair today. A very simple everyday hairdo..:p

xdxhlt.jpg

And there was this curl that didn't want to stay with the other ones, hehe.
2lwpshy.jpg

2vimruw.jpg

Oh, hehe, and a pic from yesterday, when I went out on the countryside with my bike. I wore a snood that day. I had a really bad hair day, haha!

mv0osy.jpg

Mary

Practically Family
Clara B, the tutorial is outstanding! Couldn't wish for more!

Elina, you look so sweet! I like your bismarck-necklace. It reminds me of my granny.

Antje

One Too Many
crazydaisy said:
My set has failed again. Not even worth a picture. I guess lottabody hates me.

It did produce better results with my sister's hair which I rolled up yesterday for her. She did quite liked it although she's not into this sort of thing - she said she would wear her hair like that for an occasion but not in the middle of the day in the street. After the photos were taken she washed it out and restyled it in her usual way. She looked a bit sad afterwards, I think she just didn't have the guts to go for it because the feedback from her boyfriend and my husband was not that great. But her guy hates lipstick! I mean, what kind of man is that?!
Anyway, I may be biased, but I did like her look (hair & make up by me :) ). I think it could look a lot better too, with some practice and variations of styling. Here are some photos, and I am posting a couple of links if you want to see how she styles it herself for comparison. I must say I really hate her cut and also wished she had stayed brunette.
3539175519_7c851d6054_b.jpg

3539175527_f8d7b07dde_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36778968@N03/3539175545/sizes/l/
Admittedly her hair looks bad even for how she does it in the outdoor picture, but still, there's no comparison really, is there?! Is it me who's really partial to this?

Great job, she looks fab with curls,
it looks a little like the contessa style that's in the vintage hairstyling book

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails