Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Antje

One Too Many
chanteuseCarey said:
Another vintage event, another great set by Kai in SF. This time for the Art Deco Ball Saturday evening 5/16 at the Paramount Theater Oakland, CA in - my hair was done in the afternoon. This time he did a 1930s look to go with my vintage inspired silk chiffon dress with beading and velvet appliques. Wet set on same type of rollers; an asymmetrical, big and slightly fuzzy style that came off being perfect for the dress and the event! I had many Art Deco Society ladies and other attendees there comment on how perfect my hair and dress looked.

Head shot- look I'm wearing movie star style false eyelashes- too much fun!
364680950.jpg
In this shot in front of mirrors, you can see the hairdo from the back
364624027.jpg
Good full length shot, showing the front of my hairdo
364647404.jpg

AAAHHHHHHHHHHH,
speachless :eusa_clap

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
I wanted to set my hair last night, and fell asleep first.....oops :)
When i got up this morning I rolled it in rag rollers and then realized I need to run to the store for BBQ supplies!
So I went upstairs and cut a triangle out of the same fabric as my dress, tied it over the curlers, pinned it and voila! :)
I think I need to make a bunch of these to match all my homemade dresses!
Happy Memorial Day Weekend everyone!!

mehair.jpg

PS

A-List Customer
^^^Great idea! I should find at least some match-y fabrics to do something similar.

Lillemor

One Too Many
crazydaisy. That's a lovely style, you have beautiful eyes too if I may say so. You ladies all have enviable complexions!

crazydaisy

Practically Family
:eusa_doh: Thanks, I think you are referring to my sister, so I'll pass the compliment along. She does indeed have the most amazing eyes, I think so anyway.

SuperKawaiiMama

One of the Regulars
New First Time Style

I had a vague idea of a 1940's office girl look I wanted to achieve, so i did a little experimenting the other morning before work. This is what I came up with. It was difficult to get good detail in dark hair, so I have over exposed these shots to hopefully give you more of an idea.
So what do you think? A success?
3562726952_8726e4d4d8_o.jpg

3562726984_640ec9094c_o.jpg

3562726898_000db5c2e9_o.jpg

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Antje said:
We went to a dogshow yesterday, and my dad made this pic by accident, it shows a little of my hairdo

2d9plab.jpg

I love your hair color, is it naturally that red or do you help it along? Mine is naturally brown. If you do help it along what color do you use?

JennyLou

Practically Family
SuperKawaiiMama said:
I had a vague idea of a 1940's office girl look I wanted to achieve, so i did a little experimenting the other morning before work. This is what I came up with. It was difficult to get good detail in dark hair, so I have over exposed these shots to hopefully give you more of an idea.
So what do you think? A success?
QUOTE]
I love this hair do.

bUTTERFLIEZ

New in Town
WOW!

You all have such amazing hairstyles wow!!
Im new here, I stumbled upon this forum a few days ago and was so impressed by you all. I decided to try some fingerwaves and pincurls of my own today. Ive never attempted it before in my life, but I hope they turned out okay :) Now I feel I am addicted and might want to do this much more often, pity they cant dry faster but the look is well worth the drying time I think.*lol*

hair1.jpg

VIN3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24