Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

sian kisses

One of the Regulars
i was happy with my fringe today.

DSC00036.jpg

i wore this to work today and the regular customers commented on how pretty i looked and how they used to wear there hair similar- it felt so nice.
whats the best way to get a full fringe roll?
kisses
xoxo

texasgirl

One Too Many
Yes, those are the clips. I used 5 around my face and 1 on the crown. Damp hair with setting lotion, then sat under the dryer. Then I took the clips out and used pins to hold in place over night. The rest I did with tiny sponge rollers, like 1/2 inch ones.

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
texasgirl, you look amazing! I've done a pretty decent set of fingerwaves messing around in the bathroom once, and they came out really close to yours. I used regular wave clips from Sally, like this:

waveclamp.jpg

Then I was stupid and tried to brush them out, which turned my head into a poofy/greasy mess. I think I didn't dilute the setting lotion enough :eusa_doh:

Where did you find your clips?

This was my hair today. The set was from a day ago, and I am wearing no makeup :p

img0047pvh.jpg

With scarf for wind:
img0048b.jpg

oh wow ...

oh girls - sorry for peakin' , but one thing is for sure: you ALL look sooo nice!!!

it's really a pleasure to know that there are women out there having such a sophisticated classy appear they also like to show. life does feel better among beautiful people, doesn't it?

hope you will enjoy your weekend with your proud friends and hubbies - i'll better leave this thread to you now ...

see you somewhere out there!

Lolita

New in Town
I have a question about the hairstyles,my hair is pretty long and layered. The only style i could really think of to do is Veronica Lake style waves. Any styles or suggestions that i could do to my hair,where it doesn't take me too long to do my hair? For the veronica lake waves,i just wash my hair,put it in a bun and air dry,so you can see how lazy i am when it comes to doing my hair shakeshead

Miffy46

New in Town
Im doing a dancing show just now and did my hair like this today for the rehearsal, quite plain but looked quite effective i think.
DSCF0710-1.jpg

Mary

Practically Family
Texasgirl, you look amazing. Have you got any pictures of the back. I find that part the hardest to do.
Where can I find those clips you've been using?

I'm also wondering if you know where I can find pics or illustrations of a 20's or 30's page which is cut up a little higher in the back. Untill now I've just cut my hair straight off around the head. Then the back always look longer cause i can't make finger waves there. :( Have you got any ideas how I should solve it otherwise?

Lillemor

One Too Many
I felt pretty good about myself until I checked this thread.;)

texasgirl, that is indeed perfection!

Miffy46, that is a very effective wave:)

StaceFace, you can get away with anything.:) I've been using scarves but pulling them front to back over my head so that when I pull it over my head the triangle's in the back and the knot in my neck with just my forehead and front hair and back exposed if that makes sense.[huh]

texasgirl

One Too Many
StaceFace- yes you can use those clips to hold the ridge of the wave, but you still have to -make- the wave. These clips actually make the wave for you!

Thanks Miss Sis! Appreciate it!

Mary, I didn't get a picture of the back. I just did one wave up at the top and then curls. I think it's more 20s to do the waves all the way round. And I lot harder. I got the clips on ebay.

Here's some good pictures, instructions on this site- go to Chapter VI- 1930s
http://www.revampvintage.com/index1.html

Thanks Lillemor!!!

Luby Lou

New in Town
Hello lads!

Hello!

I've been lurking about this forum for some time now and I am so impressed by all your hairstyles. They look absolutely amazing and I'm feeling as if I lived somewhere in the 50s :) You all are making me so envious that I had to try some vintage hairdos myself but they looked all wild and fuzzy lol

Kadri I absolutely love your style. I enjoyed looking at your photos so much and I really do like your dos although you say, that they are far away from perfect. I really am wondering what a perfect hairstyle then looks like.

get-atomized it is so astonishing how you are changing your styles. First you look all cool and colourful and then you are like a little lady. I love it!

Enough of all my compliments, let's come to the unpleasant part, my first attempt at vintage hairstyles. I appreciate any of your tips :)

normal_SL370110%5B2%5D.jpg

normal_SL370118%5B2%5D.jpg

Pale Lady

New in Town
First attempt at pincurls

100_0156.jpg

Wish I'd gotten more of the curls in the photo (and less of me) but you get the idea. I can't get over how much I look like my grandmother in this shot!

cecil

A-List Customer
Lolita said:
I have a question about the hairstyles,my hair is pretty long and layered. The only style i could really think of to do is Veronica Lake style waves. Any styles or suggestions that i could do to my hair,where it doesn't take me too long to do my hair? For the veronica lake waves,i just wash my hair,put it in a bun and air dry,so you can see how lazy i am when it comes to doing my hair shakeshead

Updos to the rescue!!

Casey (I believe her name on here is elegantmusings or similar) has a couple of really pretty, easy up-do tutorials on youtube that don't require mastery of victory rolls etc etc.

Here's one, there are a few more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdibwcoofeg

Antje

One Too Many
Grant Fan it is not my natural collor, my own is dark blond kinda ash toned.
I collor it with indola 8.64
because i work with this brand in my salon

and Martini, It was an accident but it turned out pretty cool

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner