Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

mentha

Familiar Face
Luby Lou said:
mentha I love it! I think I could never manage to do such rolls. You are making me really jealous lol Also, the colour of your hair is so lovely :)

You jealous of me? Girl, I'm jealous of me, haha! Always thought I'd never get it, and there they suddenly were! Who knows, may have been a one time lucky shot and I'll never get it right again ;)
I love my color too, though it's pretty faded actually, so I'll be redying again soon. :)

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Thanks ladies!

Mary - Would you believe that I have had that dress and jacket in my wardrobe for about 2 years and have never worn it before! I can't remember where it came from now I think it was a vintage fair. The best thing is that it actually fits on my waist not above it which is so blinkin' rare for me. Thanks for the lovely compliments!

Hannah - I copied the idea for how to do the back of the hair do from this Youtube tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U93mpxh2kNM

I had to edit it to fit my long face shape as I don't have the cute little head that the lovely lady on the tutorial has, or the AMAZING hair either!! , the main thing that I adopted was making the roll at the back which you then comb your hair up and over as I have been trying to figure out how to "pouf" it out at the back like that for ages!!!! I just made up the bit at crown as I went along as my hair is an evil beast and I just had to try and tame it as best I could. I did lose my voice slightly the next day due to the amount of Freeze Hold I used!!

Oh and my hair is past my shoulders by about 3 inches at the mo, too long in other words......

I was aiming at something a bit "Allo, Allo"!! lol

Antje

One Too Many
mentha said:
Oh my gosh, I finally managed rolls!!!
IMG_0028.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

Not bad, for a first time, if I do say so myself :) Now to see how long the do lasts today ;)

Great job, I really love youre haircollor

Lillemor

One Too Many
mentha said:
Oh my gosh, I finally managed rolls!!!
IMG_0028.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

Not bad, for a first time, if I do say so myself :) Now to see how long the do lasts today ;)

Well done.:eusa_clap Absolutely stunning hair color too!

VintageRed

Familiar Face
Mastered the rolls!

I think I've finally got victory rolls down to a science!

Here's a few pics from the last 2 days.... Enjoy! :D

kiss1.jpg

Stripes3.jpg

VicRolls2.jpg

~Red :)

JennyLou

Practically Family
AllaboutEve said:
This was my do for the birthday do of one of my most glamourous friends, there was a lot of arm-ache and oodles of hairspray involved lol lol :
P1010221_2.jpg

The back (which was still a bit wonky at this point!!)
P1010232.jpg

Weird angle but this shows the top better:
P1010233.jpg
You look so stunning. Wonderful outfit and hair style!

Lillemor

One Too Many
Eve, I love everything about your look in those photos. I'm so envious!:)

Vintage red, those were indeed enjoyable photos of your hair. I still can't do rolls. I haven't tried rolling set hair though. Maybe the "rougher" texture will make rolling easier.

Shirin

A-List Customer
Why oh why am I always the last to post? Where is everyone? This ones for you Pigeon Toe. I think I need to go to introductions and learn everyone's name...
pigeontoe.jpg

Antje

One Too Many
2cf3774.jpg

This is my hair today,

i tried a style from the vintage hairstyling book,
it was kinda hard because it is a style for shorter hair,
but i think I did a nice job making my hair look shorter than it is

shamrocq

New in Town
Just sharing what I've got from pincurls (BodyShop Mascara size). I didn't do a great job at the back as was too tired and want to quickly finish the set, so the back was not tight enough. I'm very pleased with the bangs. It supposed to be like a fingerwave but I'm to afraid to flatten it. I used the setting pattern from the Vintage Hairstyling book. I'm using the one I think call Silent Era or something like that. This is the first time I successfully did a set using Lottabody (full strenght on wet hair). The first time it did not dry out. And I must agree it's really bouncy and light. Previously I was using Paul Mitchells Sculpting Lotion.

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Thanks for your time.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Lovely styles & colors ladies. I was breakfasting with my sister and mom the other day and my sis asked if I had put blonde streaks in my hair. Nope, just been hanging at the pool. Haven't dyed it in ages. My hair is set right now, hopefully it turns out and I can post pics.

shamrocq

New in Town
Audrey Horne said:
I'm not sure why but the pictures aren't showing up for me. I opened them separately though and they're completely gorgeous! You look absolutely stunning and I love your hair sooo much!

Thank's Audrey. I've edited the link. Hope it's visible now. Thank you for the compliments. I think it's the Lottabody. Previously I couldn't get this effect. I use a bit of wax for curls too and then hairspray.

Shirin

A-List Customer
@Antje; your hair color is so beautiful! That's the color I want mine which currently is about 4 shades darker than yours.
@shamrocq;your pincurls turned out great! But I'm trying to figure out what you mean by " bodyshop mascara size" Does that mean you set them by rolling your hair around a tube of mascara from Body Shop?
I roll mine on mini bottles of Elmers glue, but I really need to find something else. I'm always nervous the bottles going to open all over my hair one day:p

Blondie

Practically Family
Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Apa kabar ? Kamu cantik sekali, sorry my Bahasa is rusty :eek: i grew up in Indonesia
BEAUTIFUL indeed !
just love it especially the front, would love to see your hair straight so i can see how the cut is, and pleeease tell me how you get the front to sit like that, so purrfect.

shamrocq

New in Town
crazydaisy: Thank you very much.
shirin: Yes, I roll the pin curls using a BodyShop Mascara. I'm naming the brand because some mascara tends to be slimmer. I think can use those from Benefit as well. Their a bit chunkier. Previously I was using a Sharpie Marker as suggested by one of the ladies here, sorry I couldn't remember her name. The instruction in the book calls for like a bigger pin curls, and I could only find the mascara to be a bit bigger than the Sharpie. I think anything goes as long as the 'rod' you using to curl is stiff and smooth surface. I'm trying to figure out what I have in the house is bigger than the mascara, so I can make big pin curls. Normally I roll the hair under, until halfway, I will slip it off the mascara and then use my fingers and place it clockwise or anticlockwise. I also use end papers, it makes it easier.

Blondie: Khabar baik!lol Your Bahasa is still great! I agree with you I love the front. I couldn't stop peering at my bangs when I passed by any reflective surfaces. I will take a pix of my unset hair to show you soon. Do you have the Lauren R book? I did the bangs same as the direction and I use a large wide tooth comb to comb out. My experience with brushes always end up with frizzy mess. So this time I decide to try a comb. And I also use a slim looking brush. I will post a pix of that too so you can have an idea. Basically after combing out, I was just trying to focus on making the curls lie flat on the head... Kinda like if you have a Slinky on the head and it's lying on it's side (falling away from the center). I'm not sure if you could imagine my description. I also hold the comb at a 90 degree angle, like I was trying to saw my head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner