Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Antje

One Too Many
Rhian said:
Today I went to Nina's Hair Parlour in London and got a new 'do. I took a photo of Loretta Young with me, hoping for some of that sweet 30s femininity, and I think I got it! Now I just have to see if I can replicate the set... :)

3663146784_6288522617.jpg

And at my previous appointment I asked for the Ava Gardner look:

3025135028_51cff63c4d.jpg

Wow you look stunning I love both looks

Shirin

A-List Customer
3663146784_6288522617.jpg

3025135028_51cff63c4d.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Wow you definately have 'the look' of a silver screen star. Not only is your hair lovely, but you have very striking features, like a model.

Lenore

Practically Family
Shirin said:
Goegeous! I love you hair and make up, you look so sweet, like a doll!

Thank you, Shirin! That means a lot to me since I'm trying to grow out the obligatory mummy hair cut I got shortly after I had my daughter. When you're used to longer hair, pin curls, and up-do's, it's hard to feel comfortable in a "pob." :eusa_doh: Won't ever make that mistake again, regardless how many people told me that I was adorable and "finally looking my age." I find this funny since yesterday (when I took that picture), a very talkative client told me that I looked about 21 when he told me that he didn't think I looked old enough to be a wife and mother. I suppose having a hair cut that ages you is what "normal" people might be doing, but I'm personally in favor of keeping my external youth.

Rhian

New in Town
Thank you so much Antje, Lillemor, Odalisque, JennyLou and Shirin! I'm so happy with this cut, and it's a relief to be able to go to a hairdresser who understands what I mean by rag curls, and who won't razor-cut my hair to within an inch of its life when I asked them not to...

Lenore, you look absolutely lovely - very classy and youthful. I can't imagine another style suiting you better!

Mary

Practically Family
Very classy and casual! And you have amazing eyebrows and eyes!

Lenore said:
Not overly done, but as I'm in the process of growing out a bad hair cut, I'm happy about today. :rolleyes:

Basic pin curl set, brushed out and pinned up on one side.

Hair002.jpg

Lenore

Practically Family
:eek: Wow, you ladies are great for my self esteem. I've been blushing for two days straight.

Rhian and Mary - Thank you very much. It makes all the time I spend in what my husband calls my "old lady look" totally worth it.

Today, I'm a little messy. I had it nice and brushed out, but I had to put it up in a messy-ish updo due to the fact we had no A/C in our office, and 93* inside plus hair on the neck do not mix. Hopefully when the A/C is back on I can salvage it. [huh]

MarieAnne

Practically Family
I did my hair and now it's raining...figures

I set the back with orange perm rods, rolled down. I set the rolls in foam bendy rollers. The tops of the rolls were set forward (like rolled bangs) and the lower parts were going back and up. My hair is wavy and a little all over the place naturally; I find this set doesn't 'fight' with my hair so much. Instead of fighting my fly-aways I used my curling iron to make them pretty. I tried dippity-do for setting lotion. I left the rollers in all day and all night. And of course it's raining....
DSC02174.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
MarieAnne said:
I set the back with orange perm rods, rolled down. I set the rolls in foam bendy rollers. The tops of the rolls were set forward (like rolled bangs) and the lower parts were going back and up. My hair is wavy and a little all over the place naturally; I find this set doesn't 'fight' with my hair so much. Instead of fighting my fly-aways I used my curling iron to make them pretty. I tried dippity-do for setting lotion. I left the rollers in all day and all night. And of course it's raining....
DSC02174.jpg

You are too cute and funny! And of course, great hair!!

Lillemor

One Too Many
MarieAnne said:
DSC02174.jpg

With that expression, you could be me on any day.;) I did a similar shot once I'd set my hair. Will have to dig after it...Lovely!

Fleur - Simple, yet stunning with those rolls. Sometimes it doesn't take any more to wow.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Thanks MarieAnne! There's a bit of fluff coming off the top roll, so don't look there! ;) The blouse was a cheap chain-store find, only £10! I love it when things we like come into fashion so you can buy a few (as they're bound to wear out quickly)! And I've not seen anyone else in them, so that's a bonus!

BTW I meant to say earlier that I loved your hair. Not your fair. Although if you had a fair, I'm sure it would be great! lol

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
okie dokie, here's my first successful set with my new hairdo :) I think, in retrospect, I'm going to start the curlers higher up in the back next time. It was a little tricky trying to curl short hair! I'm so used to lots more to have to wind around curlers! I used sponge rollers but there were strays so I had to use a curling iron. I sprayed the heck out of it, so hopfully it will stay for a few days. lol
newhairs3.jpg

newhairs5.jpg

newhairs6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters