Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
first hairdo with a new stylist

Was looking for a person more local to me to do my hair. Here is the first try-out hairdo. She did not set it, but used a curling iron and lots of hair pins and bobby pins. They are still in there! Please forgive the weird face pic, I look tired plus I cannot see well without my glasses! I also got lash extensions done. I have on a tinted sunscreen instead of my usual foundation, I prefer the foundation for my 40s makeup. I look sunburned too!

This is VERY different than my previous wet roller sets, and I'm not sure about whether I like this yet... This stylist (a gal) is much younger and she didn't seem too interested in what I wanted done or how I wanted it to looki:(

What do you ladies think?? I had it done for a vintage themed Tea Party we are having at our home tomorrow afternoon. As soon as I hit the door our 15yo daughter went WOW and said she thinks it looks great. All the other stylists in the Salon really liked it. I think it could be a good fancy look wearing a long 40s evening gown at a dance or ball, but not sure about it for an everyday look.
372443610.jpg

372443455.jpg

372443462.jpg

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Chanteuse - I think it looks terrific! It might be tougher for a day to day look because of all the work. If I had the patience to style my hair like that everyday I certainly would. Did your stylist take very long to do it?

Lily Powers

Practically Family
Wow, I think that's a great style on you! :eusa_clap It kind of reminds me of my lady-head vase. :)
Your makeup is actually very flattering, so no need to make apologies for how you look - you look refreshing and relaxed. What dress will you be wearing with your new do? And are the top, back sections (in the middle pic) held in place with bobby pins also, or did she spray the heck out of it? And lastly, how in the world are you going to sleep on it tonight?lol

Be sure and post pics of your vintage tea party!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thanks MarieAnne! From in the door to out the door was over two hours!

MarieAnne said:
Chanteuse - I think it looks terrific! It might be tougher for a day to day look because of all the work. If I had the patience to style my hair like that everyday I certainly would. Did your stylist take very long to do it?

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Lily P! I have a new vintage late 30s early 40s dress I'll be wearing. Its a navy blue lace material with grosgrain ruching detail on the sleeves and bodice. I had a navy blue silk slip from a vintage pattern made for me to wear underneath it. I'll be certain to take pics...

There are hair pins and bobby pins all over in there holding the curls up! She did sp[ray it quite a bit, but I'll do more with Aqua Net before I finally get to bed. House cleaning tonight, and I need to do some repairs to the lace on the dress too.

I sleep on the sides of my head, and I AM nervous about sleeping on this! If I mush this, I'm not sure how to salvage it. I have a piece of silk satin fabric to put over my pillowcase.

Lily Powers said:
Wow, I think that's a great style on you! :eusa_clap It kind of reminds me of my lady-head vase. :)
Your makeup is actually very flattering, so no need to make apologies for how you look - you look refreshing and relaxed. What dress will you be wearing with your new do? And are the top, back sections (in the middle pic) held in place with bobby pins also, or did she spray the heck out of it? And lastly, how in the world are you going to sleep on it tonight?lol

Be sure and post pics of your vintage tea party!

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
chanteuseCarey said:
I sleep on the sides of my head, and I AM nervous about sleeping on this! If I mush this, I'm not sure how to salvage it. I have a piece of silk satin fabric to put over my pillowcase.

I would wear a net when you go to bed....It would be a shame to muss it up...so very lovely. If you cover it carefully, it should stay pretty well.

Inky

One Too Many
it looks very lovely on you, chanteuseCarey, one of the most flattering styles I've seen on you. your hairdresser did a great job.

i second the hairnet idea, plus using the silk/satin pillowcase. my mother tells me she slept sitting up a bit when her hair was done up for a party in the 50's!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thank you Inky and MissAmerlia. I have a net-ish bonnet synthetic sleep cap thing. One time I tried real hard to not sleep on a set, basically putting my hand on my cheek to lay on. It was miserable and I got no sleep that night! I have to get up very early Saturday anyway to work on my dress, an making a long tablecloth, so I won't be sleeping my usual number of hours anyway... I sew better in the early mornings, if I try working on sewing projects in the evening, I end up making lots of mistakes!

Antje

One Too Many
chanteuseCarey said:
Was looking for a person more local to me to do my hair. Here is the first try-out hairdo. She did not set it, but used a curling iron and lots of hair pins and bobby pins. They are still in there! Please forgive the weird face pic, I look tired plus I cannot see well without my glasses! I also got lash extensions done. I have on a tinted sunscreen instead of my usual foundation, I prefer the foundation for my 40s makeup. I look sunburned too!

This is VERY different than my previous wet roller sets, and I'm not sure about whether I like this yet... This stylist (a gal) is much younger and she didn't seem too interested in what I wanted done or how I wanted it to looki:(

What do you ladies think?? I had it done for a vintage themed Tea Party we are having at our home tomorrow afternoon. As soon as I hit the door our 15yo daughter went WOW and said she thinks it looks great. All the other stylists in the Salon really liked it. I think it could be a good fancy look wearing a long 40s evening gown at a dance or ball, but not sure about it for an everyday look.
372443610.jpg

372443455.jpg

372443462.jpg

This is just beautifull, you can see that this hairdresser does know her job :eusa_clap

LisaFreemontSt

One of the Regulars
chanteuseCarey said:

372443610.jpg

372443455.jpg

372443462.jpg

THis is utterly fantastic. I love it. :)

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Chantuese, the whole over all look has made you look younger, you look great.
2 hrs, wow. Yeah, that is a bit time consuming for day to day, but you did say first visit w/first new stylist.
Once again, the wholeoverall pic is great!

V

Violeta

372443455.jpg
Chantuese! My goodness, you look fabulous! That hairstyle is absolultey divine on you!

V

Violeta

Photo12.jpg
[/QUOTE] You look wonderful Miss Hailey! Youre skin is perfect! I would love to see the back of your hairstyle!

V

Violeta

LisaFreemontSt said:
I just wanted to say hi.

Welcome LisaFS!!! I have also seen your tutorials, you do a wonderful job, very informative, always great! Keep them coming!

V

Violeta

Antje said:
You look totally cool, love your haircollor, and make-up :eusa_clap
Thank you Antje! I love your color as well! Your new shorter bangs look great!

Helysoune

One of the Regulars
Tried something a little different today. I wanted a bit of a pomp in front, but it didn't want to stay, so I left it go into this wave. I washed it, put in Lottabody, parted it on the side and pincurled it. The front section I did in stand up curls directed toward the back, the sides went into clockwise pincurls and the back was one row of clockwise below a row of counter-clockwise. I brushed it out with a bristle brush (which has become my new favorite implement) and sprayed.

DSC03579.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters