Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Inky said:
4004049092_d861a94abb.jpg
Fantastic!

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Smuterella said:
I was pleased with my hair on Saturday.

2009_10100028.jpg

2009_10100029.jpg

2009_10100030.jpg

wow absolutely lovely, and I must say I love you blue nails I for one love non traditional colors, though I know the point wasn't the nail color. Lovely truely lovely.

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
Here's my hair from my hair trial for my wedding, which is less than 2 weeks away. This is sans birdcage veil and flower, but I'll post pics after the wedding.

I love it, the whole wedding is sort of 1940's inspired.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Jean Harlow Hair

So yesterday I knew I was going to do a shoot today, but I didn't have any particular style I wanted planned out, so when I set my hair, I just did a random set and figured what happens happens. So when I took the set out and started to brush, I thought it reminded me a bit of Jean Harlow. Now I know I don't look like Harlow, but I thought the hair was similar... maybe... kinda...?
4007224305_7b3474dfd1_o.jpg

Please note that these photos have NOT been color corrected so they have a bit of a cool tone to them. Also, since the full versions are NOT Fedora Lounge Friendly, I did crop them in to show just the hair.

A couple side views:
4007199109_59b11f0967_o.jpg

4007964622_6b0a116feb_o.jpg

This shows the dip of the wave nicely:
4007964404_dc3f7a1f2d_o.jpg

The best "back" view I have:
4007198505_a53ea39285_o.jpg

Sorry there is no tutorial... It was a random set so I wasn't sure what I would get.

Lillemor

One Too Many
I sat up late last evening and looked through the thread.:eek: It's really fun and I suppose comforting to see improvements along the way.

TheSwingingBee, that's so brave of you and I'm sure it'll look beautiful. Post pictures of the final updo!:)

LolitaHaze and Smutterella, beautiful as usual. Before I gave up and cut the layers and U-shape out I was finally beginning to feel confident in my results but I wasn't quite happy with the finished look. I wonder if hair color makes a difference? Do very brushed styles look better in lighter hair colors? I thought my sets looked best before I brushed them too much.

Inky

One Too Many
Bee - your hair trial looks great and i can't wait to see your wedding pics! Best wishes for a wonderful day and life together!

Lolita - as always, luscious! I think that style suits you very much!

Lillimor - i just think in the pictures you can see results because the hair is lighter, but darker hair looks just as lovely no matter how it is styled. There is a great depth in dark hair that light hair doesn't have. That being said, I always wanted to be a blonde for a while ;)

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
Inky said:
Thanks to Fleur and her new faux bang tutorial, I was able to make a decent faux bang.

I had to make my own hair rat as you can't bobby pin into the foam type that I found locally. I will need to get some fake red hair to do another rat, this one didn't turn out as u-shaped as I would have liked, but It was very easy to do and and a fun way to do my hair.

Your hair always looks great! I'm so jealous! You're such a lovely lady. :)

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Inky said:
Thanks to Fleur and her new faux bang tutorial, I was able to make a decent faux bang.

I had to make my own hair rat as you can't bobby pin into the foam type that I found locally. I will need to get some fake red hair to do another rat, this one didn't turn out as u-shaped as I would have liked, but It was very easy to do and and a fun way to do my hair.

INKY!! I love this pic! You are absolutley stunning!! Ohhh.. what kind of whine you drinkin ;)

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
I'm so useless with this stuff. I can't figure out how to do these lovely styles on myself! even after watching tutorials.. and the pictures with squiggly lines all over the hair means nothing to me, I wish I had someone to show me in person!
:(

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
Inky said:

Inky, I love this, I'm going to use the same tutorial for faux bangs. I'm getting the rat tonight after work hopefully. Also, I love the red, I'm thinking of going that red again after the wedding. Didn't want to damage the ends of my hair as I've been trying to grow it out for a year and didn't want to have to cut off any additional length.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
I hear you! I have had pics taken of several of my roller sets, hoping that someday I can have my husband or our teenage daughter do them for me. For now- I hire the hairdo out! I found a great vintage stylist in SF who will do what I ask for so he gets my checks!

i_am_the_scruff said:
I'm so useless with this stuff. I can't figure out how to do these lovely styles on myself! even after watching tutorials.. and the pictures with squiggly lines all over the hair means nothing to me, I wish I had someone to show me in person!
:(

Smuterella

One Too Many
ooh, Lolita thats lovely. Are you still using the white minx fancifull stuff you mentioned a while back? I'm tempted to eBay some...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925