Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
i_am_the_scruff said:
I'm so useless with this stuff. I can't figure out how to do these lovely styles on myself! even after watching tutorials.. and the pictures with squiggly lines all over the hair means nothing to me, I wish I had someone to show me in person!
:(

Trial and error, honey - Last year, I was useless too. :)

Lolita, your pictures are very Harlow! If her hair was as long as yours, that's probably what it would look like. Stunning, as usual!

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
A Rather Dreary Tuesday...

...has turned into a GREAT day! My vintage hairstyling arrived today! Not supposed to be here until the 16th, made for a pleasant surprise when i got the mail today. I can't wait to start practicing!:D

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Lillemor... Thank you so much. Actually I think styles look better on the darker haired ladies. On blondes it seems like every hair booboo and frizz likes to stick out like a sore thumb. I will say however that I haven't seen very many modern retro ladies wear their hair super curly if they are a brunette or brownette.

Analiebe... Thank you! I was a bit unsure at first, but I think in the end it turned out nicely.

Inky... Thanks Doll! I actually want to cut it a bit shorter, but my guy has already suffered enough with the 4 inches I just cut off! Hehehehe

Smuts... Aren't you the best?! I need to get some more... my bottle is almost empty!

Antje... Thanks! I lucked out with this style. Being that I just randomly set it, it could have been really good or really painful to look at! Hahahaha

C-Dot... Thank you kindly! Yeah... it really made me want to cut my hair a few more inches! That and over pluck my brows! Hehehe

Hestia

Familiar Face
Pattern envelopes: better than fashion magazines!

I think it was someone here who mentioned looking at pattern envelopes for the hairstyles. I'm usually too busy scrutinizing the dress, but I've started glancing above the neck too.

4014190575_3a9614ba88.jpg

I decided to have a go at the updo on the lady in the blue dress. I haven't tried faux bangs before- here's the results:

4014198999_525801d01c_m.jpg
4014970260_e9ca516293_m.jpg

These are just a forward roll, no rat involved.

Lenore

Practically Family
*martini*time* said:
...has turned into a GREAT day! My vintage hairstyling arrived today! Not supposed to be here until the 16th, made for a pleasant surprise when i got the mail today. I can't wait to start practicing!:D

I got mine on Tuesday too! My husband was grumpy with me last night because while he made dinner I was in front of my vanity playing. :D

Just in time for me to practice several styles for my husband's grandfather's 80th birthday party. I'm going for the full look the entire weekend. He likes it so much when we visit and I've got my hair done, or dressed up. Once, when we stopped by from the hotel on our way home, I was in my pajamas, and he was severely disappointed in me. "Who are you and what have you done with my favorite in-law?" LOL

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Hestia, that is the most perfect forward roll I've ever seen that didn't use a rat! Great job! :eusa_clap

I want the vintage hairstyling book. I was going to ask whether it's worth the $30.00, but I think I have my answer!

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
Lenore said:
I got mine on Tuesday too! My husband was grumpy with me last night because while he made dinner I was in front of my vanity playing. :D

Just in time for me to practice several styles for my husband's grandfather's 80th birthday party. I'm going for the full look the entire weekend. He likes it so much when we visit and I've got my hair done, or dressed up. Once, when we stopped by from the hotel on our way home, I was in my pajamas, and he was severely disappointed in me. "Who are you and what have you done with my favorite in-law?" LOL

I haven't practiced just yet, I've read the whole thing cover to cover and studied the pictures. I'm hoping to get my hands on my hair this weekend!

Hestia

Familiar Face
Thanks guys! And Inky, I definitely agree about the shoes. I don't know how I can wear my hair this way without a pair of those red shoes to match!

zombi

A-List Customer
Hestia, your hair is great! It looks very close to the drawing! And your roll is so nice. I'm jealous!
C-dot said:
I want the vintage hairstyling book. I was going to ask whether it's worth the $30.00, but I think I have my answer!
Ugh, I know -- I've been pondering it because of the price. Apparently I need to just button down and get it, eh?

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
zombi said:
Hestia, your hair is great! It looks very close to the drawing! And your roll is so nice. I'm jealous!

Ugh, I know -- I've been pondering it because of the price. Apparently I need to just button down and get it, eh?

Just remember how much the first edition is now that it's out of print. That's the way i saw it when i paid for it. One day who knows, maybe it will buy me a house ;)

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
*martini*time* said:
Did you do amazon.com? it felt like mine took FOREVER to get here...

but well worth the wait ;)

Nope, I ordered straight from the site. It's going to take at least 2 weeks to get here :mad: I'm going to be foaming at the mouth by the time it arrives!

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
My guy and I did a Halloween shoot tonight in homage to the actresses and pinups of the 30's and 40's. By that I mean the fun and silly promo photos they would take. This photo isn't the best representation of what we were doing, but it is an ok photo of how I wore my hair. :-D Boo!
4022057760_c3c97d88cc_o.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic