Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Lillemor

One Too Many
That's darling LolitaHaze. I like that type of dress too. I had some 12 years ago. Then I did something stupid...:eek:fftopic:

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Antje, love the faux short style! I'm doing this quite a lot myself, however the one thing that bothers me is that I use a bulldog type of clip to put my hair up at the back and this has the utmost fault of being ...visible! Any tips of how to make the faux really faux? ;)

Inky

One Too Many
Another go at rolled bangs. This time I purchased some red human hair extensions that matched my color and made another rat. I also put in a piece of wire so it's easy to shape into the U.

and look ma, gray roots ;) we'll be taking care of that next Sunday!

4022234441_2893a72d35.jpg

Christy

One of the Regulars
Antje- Your hair looks lovely! I would have never known that it was a faux short hair style.

Lolita- Beautiful as always. I think your photo turned out really cute!

Inky- You've got the faux bang look down! Two times and each time looked fantastic!

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I turn my back for a second, and I miss all these great photos!

Antje, you look great! You don't post enough pictures.

Lolita, too adorable for words. I'm going to copy your hair for my brother's birthday tonight!

Inky, you're making me so jealous, those bangs are perfection.

Antje

One Too Many
Inky said:
Another go at rolled bangs. This time I purchased some red human hair extensions that matched my color and made another rat. I also put in a piece of wire so it's easy to shape into the U.

:eusa_clap Inky you really dig this rolled bangs style, lovely :eek:fftopic: and I now notice you have earplugs, does it hurt? I like to do it myself but I have always sore ears with normal earings so I don't dear try it.

I used bobby pins to put my hair up, it was an very easy "accident" I didn't really plan to wear my hair like this

Lolita thank you it is a privilege to hear such a great comment from a hair artist like you

Crazydaisy I pincurled my hair and I didn't brush them just let the curls hang like they curl. Then I just grabbed sections of hair and gently pushed them upwards and put a lot of bobbypin's in it

Christy thanks so much, It kinda looks real I guess

C-dot thanks, I know and it doesn't even takes a lot of time.
but mostely when I think of posting I went trough wind an rain or been cycling or so, then it is a lot less fun to watch my hair

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Lillemor... Thank you. Oh no! Did you sell it? Or just give it away?

Inky... You are sweet Thank you! By now, you have seen some of the others. :) And from your latest photo here, I think I have to get a rat now! Those bangs look fantastic!

Christy... Thanks! That one felt very Lane sister or Judy Garland, or even Shirley Temple like to me. :)

C-Dot... Aww Thanks! It is a simple do! Just split your hair down the middle, throw in curlers that roll under along the sides of the face and random rollers in back. Brusha and shape and Voila! Throw in a bandana and you are good to go! Post photos of your do please!

Antje... Aren't you just a sweetheart! Your hair always looks lovely and I admire it constantly!

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
If I must lol Here's my do à la gorgeous Lolita Haze:

Lolitado001.jpg

Lolitado002.jpg

DISCLAIMER: These are very quick photos, taken with very little makeup on. I only look 12 years old :rolleyes:

zombi

A-List Customer
C-dot, I love the shape of your face. It is very beautiful. I hope you know what I mean? [huh]

So with the help of Inky finding a cheap copy, I bought the vintage hairstyling book! Now we'll just wait for it to arrive.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
zombi said:
C-dot, I love the shape of your face. It is very beautiful. I hope you know what I mean? [huh]

So with the help of Inky finding a cheap copy, I bought the vintage hairstyling book! Now we'll just wait for it to arrive.

Congrats! You may join the "waiting for Vintage Hairstyling to come" club. And yes, I do know what you mean - Thank you! I only wish I had cheekbones instead of dimples.

Lolita, shush :) Mine is but a copy of the great original.

Bombshell Becca

One of the Regulars
Just lovely everyone keep up the good work! I am dying to try the faux bang roll but I need a rat first. What kind of wire did you use in yours Inky?

This is my attempt at the 50's Fake Bob from Lauren Rennells' book-'Vintage Hairstyling~Retro Hairstyling with Step by Step Techniques'. The next pic is me with Lauren Rennells who was at the Vintage Fashion Expo in Santa Monica this weekend. She was just a Doll!

IMG_0747.jpg

010.jpg

Inky

One Too Many
C-dot - you are just so adorable!

Bombshell Becca
- your hair turned out terrific! I'm green with envy that you met Lauren! How fun that must have been!! In the rat I made I used a piece of 16 gauge semi-soft sterling wire that I had in my jewelry making supplies. You could use any 14 or 16 gauge bendable wire that you have. I think smaller than that won't hold up over time. I covered it with hair using a needle and thread so the ends wouldn't stick out then i covered all of that with the hair and a fine hair net from the beauty supply. i also gave it a light hairspray coating. it worked perfectly!

Zombi
- I am so glad my shopping addiction helped you! I don't think you will be disappointed in your purchase of Vintage Hairstyling at all!

Antje
- yes they are 3/4" earplugs. If your ears are sensitive then stretching may not be good for you. It is uncomfortable each time you stretch, but not as painful as a piercing and if you stretch slowly then it's not bad at all, but i have very stretchy soft earlobes.

I hope I didn't miss anyone!!

Thank you all for your kind words on the faux bangs - I think that is my new favorite style and so quick and easy. Check out Fleur's tutorial and you can do it too!

Lillemor

One Too Many
LolitaHaze said:
Lillemor... Thank you. Oh no! Did you sell it? Or just give it away?

Antje... Aren't you just a sweetheart! Your hair always looks lovely and I admire it constantly!

I just wanted to chime in. Had three dresses in that style. Never could find the trendy long ones in the 1990s that other girls found but I found mine in well assorted thrift shops. They could've been retro 1970s - 30s style or older. I think they found their way back to the thrift shop. I hope someone else still enjoys them.

Bombshell Becca, lovely smooth do!

C-dot, I love the shape of your face. It is very beautiful. I hope you know what I mean?

I agree, I think your face lends itself well to a variety of cuts, lengths, and styles.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Inky said:

This is amazing Inky! Way better than mine! :D I'm so so glad you are making use of my tutorial!

Lolita: I already told you twice how amazing you are, you're going to get annoyed with me soon, but... you're amazing!

And C-Dot - you look fabulous! And more than a little like Joan Holloway. In the face, not just the hair!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I did fake bangs yesterday and loved them! I used a donut rat and cut it, so it was already sort of in a U-shape, which made it easier. A lot of pics got taken last night (******* Gallows show-awesome band) so hopefully a better pic will pop up.
1018091814.jpg

Inky

One Too Many
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
I did fake bangs yesterday and loved them! I used a donut rat and cut it, so it was already sort of in a U-shape, which made it easier. A lot of pics got taken last night (******* Gallows show-awesome band) so hopefully a better pic will pop up.

woohoo! they turned out great! i was trying to use a donut rat cut too because the shape is just right, but it was too dark!! drat rat ;)

(all i can think of is chanting "one of us, one of us" when i see all these lovely fake bangs!!)

Lenore

Practically Family
So.. I broke down and in a moment of nostalgia, I bought some sponge rollers, which I haven't used since I was about 8 years old. I think for a first try it turned out pretty decent. I need to keep working on finding a good set. This was a modified "old lady" set. I didn't want to do a full brush out as I was going for a more 30's look rather than 50's, (and I still had to get the Monkey ready for school and didn't have too much time.) I've got a ways to go, but I'm optimistic. :)

Hair1.jpg

ETA: P.S. Sorry for the crappy phone camera picture. :-/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats