Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here are the bangs in action:
7729_1139995427952_1469427087_30377354_794256_n.jpg

Inky

One Too Many
Bella - you rock those rolled bangs!!

Lenore - that is a beautiful set on you!!

Kamikat - you look so lovely!

gals, you're killing me with your beautiful faces and hair!! sometimes (but not too often) i wish i didn't work from home so I could be pretty during the week!

Lenore

Practically Family
Inky said:
gals, you're killing me with your beautiful faces and hair!! sometimes (but not too often) i wish i didn't work from home so I could be pretty during the week!

Thank you, Inky. :)

Who says you can't make yourself pretty during the week? I honestly don't dress up for work. I dress up for myself. I just happen to have a job that it works with. I could just as easily have straight hair and simple makeup, and work would be fine. I make myself up for me, and me alone (well, hubby likes the effort too, but not the time spent getting this way!)

Mrs Beattie

New in Town
Inky said:

I am a stay at home Mum, so I know what you mean, for the first few weeks of weaning, my beauty routine consisted of scraping baby mush off me. lol

I am trying to make the time now though.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Inky said:
Kamikat - you look so lovely!

Thanks!
You can be pretty during the week! I'm a stay-at-home mom and daycare provider. I actually dress down when I have hair styling customers come so I don't get bleach or color on my clothes. I don't dress up every day, since I have a very small winter wardrobe, but I dress up as much as I can. I dress for me, not anyone else. Although, I've found that if you're well dressed at the grocery store, the produce man will help you find whatever you're looking for ;)

Lenore

Practically Family
kamikat said:
Although, I've found that if you're well dressed at the grocery store, the produce man will help you find whatever you're looking for ;)

Too right! I can't count how many times I've had a stock guy ask me if I need any assistance when I'm dressed nicely. I've gone to the same store and passed the same stock boy in jeans and a ponytail and have just gotten a nod.

Amazing what a little lipstick can do!

Antje

One Too Many
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Here are the bangs in action:
7729_1139995427952_1469427087_30377354_794256_n.jpg

Are those faux bangs?
they look so real,
I mean ofcourse your bangs, the girl in the right has cut bangs, I can see.
You look fabulous.

C-dot I like your hair in you new avatar.

and Inky I wish I could look more vintage at work, I wear black shirt and black pants, with black shoes, like a color code at work,
so I try "retro" things up with my hair but I doesn't look the same when wearing "real" clothes

Inky

One Too Many
:eek:fftopic: I think if i had actual human contact during the week (aside from my husband and the Mail/UPS/Fedex folks) I would dress nicer. But it's yoga pants and t-shirts for me Mon-Fri. Which is really what I love about my job (that and not having any co-workers).

If we go out during the week, which is rare, then I'll fix myself up, but really, my cats could care less and I'm really just too lazy to bother with it. Maybe that's why I really love the weekend when I always make myself up!

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
Inky said:
Maybe that's why I really love the weekend when I always make myself up!

The people i work with could care less what i wear to work and i'm reception! I faux rolled my bangs yesterday with all my hair piled on top of my head with a bandana and people kept asking me if i knew where Aunt Jemima was. It actually hurt my feelings and made me want to try less...but i'm just like you...i ALWAYS go all out for the weekend.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
*martini*time* said:
The people i work with could care less what i wear to work and i'm reception! I faux rolled my bangs yesterday with all my hair piled on top of my head with a bandana and people kept asking me if i knew where Aunt Jemima was.

"No, but I know where the jealousy committee hangs out!" :rolleyes:

That's all it is - Pure, unadulterated jealousy. I wear that style a lot and because I'm a ginger, I get the "Lucy! I'm home!"'s and such. People kill me!

kamikat, congratulations! I know the feeling :D

Antje, thanks! That's post-rainshower, too!

Grant Fan

Practically Family
*martini*time* said:
The people i work with could care less what i wear to work and i'm reception! I faux rolled my bangs yesterday with all my hair piled on top of my head with a bandana and people kept asking me if i knew where Aunt Jemima was. It actually hurt my feelings and made me want to try less...but i'm just like you...i ALWAYS go all out for the weekend.

Martini: Don't worry about those people. They are just ridiculous. I walk around with my hair pin curled and covered in scarves in a similar fashion to what you are talking about all the time, and people say things. I just remind them that they can't rock the vintage like I can. And last weekend two young teenage girls said something about my rolls behind my back and snickered. I just turned around and complemented their hair. It threw them off and made me smile a bit.

Ok here are a couple of pictures of the back of my head I like my curl pattern by not the front so much.

5.jpg

3.jpg

SweetieStarr

A-List Customer
*martini*time* said:

I did the Rosie bandana the other day too and I also got the Aunt Jemima/cleaning houses comment. It made me feel bad too, but I just kept reminding myself that I thought it looked cute!

Grant Fan

Practically Family
SweetieStarr said:
When do we get full pics of the new color?

I posted a few on the platinum thread. I didn't take pictures of the front of this style becaues it was not cute at all but depending on how it looks in the morning I will take some of the front. Even if i am not vintage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou