Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Grant Fan

Practically Family
yesterday SweetiStarr asked for pictures of my new hair color. I took the pictures before I went to work. I leave before it is light out so the color doesn't come out quite right it is much closer to crimson. I know this is my very modern and natural curl but you all get the idea, when it comes to the color.
Here is the before
NewImage.jpg

And the new color
1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

6.jpg

This is another picture of it and I think the color showed up a bit better
5.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Hestia, these are GREAT!! Your hair is gorgeous. Can you show us a pic of the rags and tell us the size of the rags please? Did you just cut strips of fabric to make your own? Do you have a "set" pic before you took them out... Is this the only page of this set pattern from the book(let)? Did you have to brush and brush and brush some more to get the final look?

Hestia said:
I always do better when I have something to copy. From "Beauty is a Thing of the Past", I found this setting pattern, combining pincurls and rag curls.

4027947795_c1c17cfeb4.jpg

My hair is on the long side for these styles, and it's thick, coarse and ornery, so I was pretty sure my first try would be a total bust. It really surprised me and didn't turn out too bad!

4028674164_fa60900930_m.jpg
4027868707_66b88b6179_m.jpg

The rags were really comfortable to sleep on, and I am a very fussy sleeper.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
That colour is sensational on you Nancy! :eusa_clap You definitely made the right decision! You'll have to post pictures of it all done up.

PS. I envy that natural curl, its so ideal.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Hestia said:
I always do better when I have something to copy. From "Beauty is a Thing of the Past", I found this setting pattern, combining pincurls and rag curls.

4027947795_c1c17cfeb4.jpg

My hair is on the long side for these styles, and it's thick, coarse and ornery, so I was pretty sure my first try would be a total bust. It really surprised me and didn't turn out too bad!

4028674164_fa60900930_m.jpg
4027868707_66b88b6179_m.jpg

The rags were really comfortable to sleep on, and I am a very fussy sleeper.

It came out beautifully fabulous job

Hestia

Familiar Face
chanteuseCarey said:
Hestia, these are GREAT!! Your hair is gorgeous. Can you show us a pic of the rags and tell us the size of the rags please? Did you just cut strips of fabric to make your own? Do you have a "set" pic before you took them out... Is this the only page of this set pattern from the book(let)? Did you have to brush and brush and brush some more to get the final look?
Thanks Carey!

I don't have a pic of the rags, but they are very simple, I just cut up an old pillowcase into strips about 2"x8". I have one, very dubious set picture. It's a mark of my extreme esteem for the FL that I would even post it, it is scary looking!:

4035550959_d99f1095fd_m.jpg

I rolled the curls around a mascara tube with the rag laying on the tube, then pulled the tube out and tied the rag. The front curls I rolled to about temple-height, and the ones in back around ear height. There were two rows of curls. I used about 10 rags total, the curls were pretty big. My hair was dry but I misted each lock with water/lottabody before rolling.

Here's a link to more of the book it came from, but that page I posted is the only one about this specific set. There are some others, though, that I have my eye on!

Yes, I had to brush like a madwoman. I actually detangled it with a wide-tooth comb, then used a Denman brush to get the curls where I wanted them, then a mixed nylon/boar bristle one to smooth it out. It looked completely insane at first, but responded well to elbow grease.

The set lasted very well, even after putting my hair up the next day there was plenty of curl left. I'm definitely doing this one again.

And GrantFan, that red looks so good on you!

Christy

One of the Regulars
Everyone's hair looks lovely! I love reading this thread and seeing all of the different hairstyles everyone does, it's such inspiration! :eusa_clap to everyone.

SweetieStarr

A-List Customer
Grant Fan said:
yesterday SweetiStarr asked for pictures of my new hair color. I took the pictures before I went to work. I leave before it is light out so the color doesn't come out quite right it is much closer to crimson. I know this is my very modern and natural curl but you all get the idea, when it comes to the color.
And the new color
1-1.jpg

Thanks for posting! It looks good! Not a lot of people can pull off that color, and you do it well.

Lenore

Practically Family
Thank you, everyone. Since those pics, I've pulled them down slightly so that they aren't so high on my forehead. I like it much better. I'm so happy about how it turned out. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats