Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

shepkatt

Familiar Face
My normal - go to 'do' can be seen on the weekly podcasts I do.. I need to come up with a new style..

bariatrictv.com

I will see if I can grab some stills and post em.

pin curls

While it was wet I did pin curls and took them out the next morning after my hair was dry. Then I used a soft brush and went through it carefully to get the waves. Finally, I used Salon Grafix hairspray to set it.

I'd like to try an updo sometime, you ladies gave me some great ideas!:D

eyes-1.jpg

P.S. Sorry that the picture is so large, I tried to resize it, but it didnt work.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Lenore, you may have put us all to shame! Your placement is perfect. You look like a doll. :)

I watched Double Indemnity a few nights ago, which inspired me yesterday:

Babs002edit.jpg

karlie

New in Town
C-dot said:
Lenore, you may have put us all to shame! Your placement is perfect. You look like a doll. :)

Babs002edit.jpg

C-dot, everything about your hair makes me so jealous. I want to be a ginger oh so badly
(but clearly not enough to actually go and do it... hehe)

Christy

One of the Regulars
I love my hair today. It's the first time I've worn it in an updo for a very long time because I generally am just terrible at them. It's my attempt at C-dot's Betty Grable bangs look. It looks different than hers but I still like the look.

09-6.jpg

Everyone's hair looks great today!

C-dot I always love your makeup, and hair so pretty!

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Christy, your bangs look better than mine! You really suit that look, so beautiful!

Lorena, you look just like Linda Darnell with that hair - gorgeous!

Amy Jeanne, I love your springy hair :)

karlie, maybe one day you'll have the guts ;) I tried to escape from my ginger tones, but they always came through whatever colour I used, so now I just enhance my natural colour. Much easier this way!

zombi

A-List Customer
C-dot said:

Babs002edit.jpg
i LOVE this. what did you do?

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
zombi said:
i LOVE this. what did you do?

It's simple, really: I used the same setting for my Betty Grable bangs (the diagram is back there somewhere), and combed them forward and under. Since I have pin-straight hair, I left the sides alone, and reverse-rolled them. The bottom back half of my head was done in a vertical sponge roller setting, then fluffed out and shaped. Stick a few bobbie pins behind the ears to keep the back hair out of the rolls, and you're done!

Tatum

Practically Family
Wow, everyone looks so good...

I've been too busy to post/read much for a while, and goodness, everyone's hair looks great!

I also hadn't had the time for a while (not that FL weather helps any) to do anything with my hair other than be lazy, but the last few days I've gotten back in the swing of going glamorous.

Inky, your snood style #2 inspired me immensely this evening, and we were going out to see some live jazz. The hubby asked me to leave it down, at least in the back, so here is my interpretation! I think yours looks much better (and geez, I LOVE that color!), but I ordered the book so maybe I can catch up to you soon! It held up really well, I just got home and took this pic. (Pardon the ugly guest-bath wallpaper. If we weren't planning on moving, I would have ripped it down already.)

IMG_1410.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred