Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Anneloes

New in Town
Hm, unfortunately most of my hair is straight already (I've only been outside for about 30min total) :( More setting lotion? More hairspray? Well, tomorrow's another day to try, I suppose!

Jenniferose7

One of the Regulars
Anneloes said:
By the way, what do you girls do with your hair while sleeping in-between sets? I can totally see my hair being a giant crows' nest when waking up tomorrow.. unfortunately I'm not sure if a hairnet would matter much. Do you put your hair in (random) pin curls for the night?

I can usually get away with two days from one set. The first day after unrolling has tighter curls and by day two I'll have soft waves. Sometimes on day two my hair is all messed up and I can't get what's left of the curls to cooperate. I'll still have a lot of texture left(from the tons of product I use ;) )so I'll pull the sides up in side combs or victory rolls, curl the bangs with a curling iron and pull the rest into a low pony tail.

~Psycho Sue~

One of the Regulars
Jenniferose7 said:
I can usually get away with two days from one set. The first day after unrolling has tighter curls and by day two I'll have soft waves. Sometimes on day two my hair is all messed up and I can't get what's left of the curls to cooperate. I'll still have a lot of texture left(from the tons of product I use ;) )so I'll pull the sides up in side combs or victory rolls, curl the bangs with a curling iron and pull the rest into a low pony tail.

i just thought: a snood would be an easy option for day two or if you have to stretch a day 3 (yipes)! I bought one with a green velvet bow attached that is darling. My enemy seems to be scalp oil instead of bed messyness. HAHA

zombi

A-List Customer
exquisitebones said:
wave.jpg

I finally pulled off the horizontal wave pin-curl set :) YAY!!!! :eusa_clap
It looks FABULOUS! I'm jealous; I've not quite pulled it off yet.

Claireg

One of the Regulars
2312056.jpg
[/IMG]
2312049.jpg
[/IMG]
Today I tried C-dots set from her blog a week or so ago.
It came out pretty cool, this is it after a whole day shopping so Im pretty pleased!
Thanks Laura!

LisaFreemontSt

One of the Regulars
I sometimes get tickled when people send me requests for hairstyles that are obviously wigs. Such as this one, from the film-The Watchmen:
http://www.empireonline.com/images/features/watchmen/the-added-stories/sally-jupiter.jpg

Anyway, I did the best I could w/ what I have. THis is my version:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98898637@N00/4208169227/in/set-72157620475861682/

*Sorry guys...I cannot insert photos into my posts no matter what. I've been assured that I am doing it right but still, just a small box w/ an x appears instead of a photo. I don't know if I just have some kind of prohibitive setting on my computer or what*

~Psycho Sue~

One of the Regulars
LisaFreemontSt said:
I sometimes get tickled when people send me requests for hairstyles that are obviously wigs. Such as this one, from the film-The Watchmen:
http://www.empireonline.com/images/features/watchmen/the-added-stories/sally-jupiter.jpg

Anyway, I did the best I could w/ what I have. THis is my version:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98898637@N00/4208169227/in/set-72157620475861682/

*Sorry guys...I cannot insert photos into my posts no matter what. I've been assured that I am doing it right but still, just a small box w/ an x appears instead of a photo. I don't know if I just have some kind of prohibitive setting on my computer or what*

I think you did a great job with it too! I cannot tell if that is a undertucked roll in the back or a snood. Either would look cute. Obv that wig is VERY thick too!

LisaFreemontSt

One of the Regulars
~Psycho Sue~ said:
I think you did a great job with it too! I cannot tell if that is a undertucked roll in the back or a snood. Either would look cute. Obv that wig is VERY thick too!

It is an undertucked roll, in the back. The video tutorial is up on my channel, if you are interested...link is my signature below. :):D

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Claireg said:
It came out pretty cool, this is it after a whole day shopping so Im pretty pleased!
Thanks Laura!

Awh, thanks! You look so cute in it :)

LisaFreemontSt, I think you did a fabulous job - the "real hair version," maybe? I'm going to try it tomorrow.

Christy

One of the Regulars
Photos of my hair today! I haven't posted in a while because I just stick with the same style. Well, last night I set my hair in my normal set after washing it. When I took it out and brushed it, it was quite short. I liked it because I was thinking of cutting my hair shorter recently to look a more like Marilyn's styles. Naturally my hair is bust length, so how it got so short, I have no idea!
ChristmasEveHair3.jpg

ChristmasEve09Hair.jpg

ChristmasEveHair2.jpg

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
Christmas eve party. I used hot rollers. It rivaled Dolly Parton's hair at first lol

Right after we took them out:
PC221552.jpg

Mid Brushing:

PC221558.jpg

Final Product:

PC221573.jpg

(and don't ya just luv when last night's set gets hung over into today's updo? lol )

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Christy said:
Photos of my hair today! I haven't posted in a while because I just stick with the same style. Well, last night I set my hair in my normal set after washing it. When I took it out and brushed it, it was quite short. I liked it because I was thinking of cutting my hair shorter recently to look a more like Marilyn's styles. Naturally my hair is bust length, so how it got so short, I have no idea!
ChristmasEveHair3.jpg

ChristmasEve09Hair.jpg

ChristmasEveHair2.jpg

GORGEOUS!
Can I ask what blush you are wearing here?

Christy

One of the Regulars
Anneloes said:
Wow Christy, that looks beautiful! Kind of makes me miss my black hair, too

Thanks! I was thinking of lightening my hair color. I just can never make up my mind about what color I want to keep it! That's why my roots are so grown out. :eek:

mentha said:
Beautiful, Christy! I want your hair! ;)

Thank you! Sometimes it drives me crazy!

Tinseltown said:
GORGEOUS! Can I ask what blush you are wearing here?

Thank you! The blush I'm wearing is Smoldering Plum from Clinique.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner