Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
28800_401310879163_624014163_4291431_4704221_n.jpg

Late 1930s, center-parted, pincurled back, side combs.

32241_390275089163_624014163_4014436_7833558_n.jpg

Same, but with obnoxious flower clips. This is pretty much my "do" these days :)

D

Deleted member 12480

right scaled them down a bit!!

P1012607.jpg

P1012602.jpg

This is just a little updo i did, victory rolls with a roll in the back.
quite pleased :)

RockyHorror

One of the Regulars
Sorry there are so many! I've been experimenting quite a bit lately. This is my attempt at a messy bun thing
Photo_00021.jpg
Photo_00023.jpg

I worked on a rolled updo for a while but couldn't fashion it in a flattering way in the front, so no pics of that haha.
Photo_00020.jpg

Photo_00014.jpg

Photo_00013-1.jpg

*I did resize them, hopefully that works soon.

Annichen

Familiar Face
Lazy to-day..just a simple peek a boo:coffee:

peekaboo.jpg

Looking at all these wonderful hairdos I understand that a heavy book about 40s hair is in order:eek:

Jezebel_Amazon

One of the Regulars
Agreed. Amy your center part is so charming. I wish I could pull it off but I tried and looked like a horse. And your hair color I like it a lot. You look like a natural redhead.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Jezebel_Amazon said:
Agreed. Amy your center part is so charming. I wish I could pull it off but I tried and looked like a horse. And your hair color I like it a lot. You look like a natural redhead.

Thanks!! And I am a natural redhead!! The hair on top is my own -- the blonde-y curls are growing out.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Oh -- and I *doubt* you'll look like a horse with a center part!! I have a "horse face" and it goes good with me. Have a look through a late 1930s yearbook if you ever get the chance -- ALL THE GIRLS have center parts no matter what face shape and I think they all look extremely cute!!

pompsnpincurls

Familiar Face
:)

BoPeep said:
Definitely! They're having a blowout sale in early August . . .$5 or $10 on everything . . . literally, everything! I can't wait! We should meet up there.

Wow! I will have to go their and purchase things! Like the yellow cape I was eyeing up but didn't buy ;)!

That sounds like a delightful idea, we should make plans!:D

bellabella327

One of the Regulars
Annichen said:
Lazy to-day..just a simple peek a boo:coffee:

peekaboo.jpg

Looking at all these wonderful hairdos I understand that a heavy book about 40s hair is in order:eek:

The Veronica Lake looks so nice on you! I wish I could get mine to look like that...maybe someday :)

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
New hair cut

It was supposed to look like this
ChristianDior-01.jpg

It ended up like this
Photo6.jpg

I went in wanting a middy or the pic at top, the hair dresser assumed i am low maintenance with my hair and kept telling me "it (the middy) wont look good if you don't fix it every day"....DUH, thats the point? She prettymuch refused to do it saying the shorter cut will be great for days when i don't want to style my hair or "look vintage", she gave me what looks just like a pixie cut with uneven bangs (which is why the curls are different shapes) because its more modern/high fashion, as a salon that touts its self as vintage they suck when it comes to follow through. Needless to say i will not be going back to that salon, 95$ for a sad cut is despicable, Ultra Lux shame on you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats