Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

rue

Yes i agree, you are a beautiful woman.

Actually i'm thinking about growing my fringe/bangs out and you've inspired me to persevere with it! How did you style your bangs?

Aww... thank you Miss Sofia :)
Well, my bangs only come down to the bridge of my nose right now and they don't fit in a roll, so I pin curled them in a loop bringing it back to my part and secured it with a bobby pin for about an hour while the rest of my hair was in hotsticks. I hope that makes sense. When I took it out I lifted and sprayed them until they did what I wanted. I think it'll turn out better when they get a little longer.

Snowdrop

Familiar Face
Your hair looks fabulous, Rue!
And I know its been said before, but there is definitely something Vivien Leigh-esque about you! :D

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Aww... thank you Miss Sofia :)
Well, my bangs only come down to the bridge of my nose right now and they don't fit in a roll, so I pin curled them in a loop bringing it back to my part and secured it with a bobby pin for about an hour while the rest of my hair was in hotsticks. I hope that makes sense. When I took it out I lifted and sprayed them until they did what I wanted. I think it'll turn out better when they get a little longer.

That's great thanks, i'm going to go to the nearest mirror and pin a loop in a minute, thanks for that Rue.

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
Alright, I'm taking the plunge. I had a crappy night last night, so I didn't do my usual sponge roller set. This morning, I tossed my pin-straight hair into hot rollers, which usually does pretty well. But not today. This falls into the "failed set" category, but I was pretty happy with how it came out in the end, so I hereby submit it to you ladies:

Failedsetfront-1.jpg
Failedsetback-1.jpg

I apologize for the less than perfect photos, one was my phone and the other my webcam, as I discovered my camera battery dead the instant I wanted to use it.

crwritt

One Too Many
Alright, I'm taking the plunge. I had a crappy night last night, so I didn't do my usual sponge roller set. This morning, I tossed my pin-straight hair into hot rollers, which usually does pretty well. But not today. This falls into the "failed set" category, but I was pretty happy with how it came out in the end, so I hereby submit it to you ladies:

Failedsetfront-1.jpg
Failedsetback-1.jpg

I apologize for the less than perfect photos, one was my phone and the other my webcam, as I discovered my camera battery dead the instant I wanted to use it.

too sleek and polished to be considered a failure

Tatum

Practically Family

Failedsetfront-1.jpg
Failedsetback-1.jpg

I think it looks lovely! The back is so smooth and perfect. :)

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
Thanks, all! I was just glad I was able to do something with it and didn't have to wash it and start from scratch. I'd have never left the house yesterday!

Snowdrop

Familiar Face
I'm something of a hair novice myself, but I think your hair looks great! I love how smooth and shiny it looks. :) Not a 'fail' at all!

Penny Dreadful

One of the Regulars
I'm something of a hair novice myself, but I think your hair looks great! I love how smooth and shiny it looks. :) Not a 'fail' at all!

I agree! It's very elegant, it reminds me of the Irene Jansen style in one of LisaFreemontStreet's tutorials :)
This was taken later on last night at a history themed wedding fundraiser. It needed to be brushed by the time the picture was taken. I think it's the best job I've done so far, and I used paper towels of all things because I had used up all my rollers on my friend. I'm very oddly proud of that lol I even won a ton of Mary Kay makeup in the costume contest! Yikes, sorry about the size!
180001_10150106755857996_514012995_6279394_6151962_n.jpg

Last edited:

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
I agree! It's very elegant, it reminds me of the Irene Jansen style in one of LisaFreemontStreet's tutorials :)
This was taken later on last night at a history themed wedding fundraiser. It needed to be brushed by the time the picture was taken. I think it's the best job I've done so far, and I used paper towels of all things because I had used up all my rollers on my friend. I'm very oddly proud of that lol I even won a ton of Mary Kay makeup in the costume contest! Yikes, sorry about the size!
180001_10150106755857996_514012995_6279394_6151962_n.jpg

Lovely curls! and I adore your dress :love"

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
Paper towels, you say? Hmm... your curls came out so lovely, I might have to try that one myself! And I can clearly see why you won the contest - the hair, the make-up, the dress, it all looks so perfect!

Tatum

Practically Family
Penny, that looks just gorgeous. I assume you rag-rolled with paper towels? That is another technique I can't seem to get the hang of!

missjazzage

New in Town
Is there anyone interested in 1920's haircuts?

Here is what I recieved after asking for a shingle bob:
179395_10150380757240203_644630202_16575085_7076500_n.jpg

From what I know of the bobs of the time, it appears the hair dresser shaved up way too high, and it doesn't look right.

Could I get your views on this, ladies?

And please be honest. ;)

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
Is there anyone interested in 1920's haircuts?

Here is what I recieved after asking for a shingle bob:
179395_10150380757240203_644630202_16575085_7076500_n.jpg

From what I know of the bobs of the time, it appears the hair dresser shaved up way too high, and it doesn't look right.

Could I get your views on this, ladies?

And please be honest. ;)

The stylist shaved much too high into the nape of your neck. The consolation is that in one month, the bottom will be 1/2 in longer and ready for a trim.

Bringing a picture of what you want is a good way to explain the haircut. Is there anything here that you wanted?:

http://www.photodetective.co.uk/Shingle-A.html

If not, omit shingle from the description and do a Google image search.

Penny Dreadful

One of the Regulars
Penny, that looks just gorgeous. I assume you rag-rolled with paper towels? That is another technique I can't seem to get the hang of!

Yep :) I tore each piece into 4 strips, put a piece of toilet paper on the ends of the curls to hold them in place, and rolled them up in the paper towels. If you're having trouble I strongly recommend the toilet paper/end papers. They keep shorter strands from falling out and the ends from getting all kinked up. Before I got rollers I would curl my hair with trouser socks too, since my cats kept stealing my rags lol I was calling myself McGuyver all night.
Thank you so much for the lovely words, everybody!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy