Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Romy Overdorp

One of the Regulars
gorgeous!! How did you get it so smooth? Did you have to use a rat for this? I have been trying so hard to get this beehive right and I'm starting to think I don't have enough hair to cover the rat :(

Thank you! The key to this look is teasing. I didn't use a rat or hairpieces or whatsoever. First you start to tease all of your hair from front to the back. Use some hairspray for each section you have teased. Then you start to smooth out the top layers with a brush I used a mason pearson, those are very expensive so you can also use a bristle brush. Brush everything to one side and make a seam of bobbypins kinda off-centered from the middle of your head. Then brush some more, try not to smooth out all of the hair again as you need the body inside the smoothed part for the roll. Roll the hair around your hand and lift it a bit upwards and start pinning it to your head. Spray some hairspray and add a flower if you wish :)
I hope it makes a bit sense.

KittyAnneMalloo

Familiar Face
199105_10150219113903916_680448915_9141576_4710109_n.jpg

Cut myself a bettie page fringe....it is very short and I am looking forward to it growing a bit but I'm happy with it

Penny Dreadful

One of the Regulars
I just can't resist posting another try at that last style I posted. I've quickly learned it likes doing its own thing but you should let it. When I started out yesterday afternoon it was very authentic, but the curls were kind of going everywhere so that I reminded myself of sideshow bob. Throughout the evening it shifted back into something a little more modern/ancient greek at the same time, and I was extremely happy with it.
100_3573.jpg

And a pro shot from my first try, because I just love this picture and the ones I take myself are terrible lol
IMG_7347-Edit.jpg

Last edited:

Romy Overdorp

One of the Regulars
I just can't resist posting another try at that last style I posted. I've quickly learned it likes doing its own thing but you should let it. When I started out yesterday afternoon it was very authentic, but the curls were kind of going everywhere so that I reminded myself of sideshow bob. Throughout the evening it shifted back into something a little more modern/ancient greek at the same time, and I was extremely happy with it.
100_3573.jpg

And a pro shot from my first try, because I just love this picture and the ones I take myself are terrible lol
IMG_7347-Edit.jpg

Fantastic! I love it!

Tatum

Practically Family
Rue, I think it looks great! And yes, it does take some getting used to... How do you get that lovely swoop in the front? I can never seem to pull that off.

rue

Rue, I think it looks great! And yes, it does take some getting used to... How do you get that lovely swoop in the front? I can never seem to pull that off.

Thank you :D Yes, there was some cursing involved lol
I took the top front section, sprayed the heck out of it with hairspray and wrapped it around a large sponge roller, so it looked like I had a rat with bangs kind of (I hope that makes sense). It took a few tries to get all the hair in it though.

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
Everyone's hair looking beautiful and inspirational as usual!

I bought myself the Lauren Rennells Vintage Hairstyling book on the weekend so I'm looking forward to having a play about this weekend.

I did have a middy cut in a few months back but have been too lazy to go back and have it reshaped! Maybe after pay day!

Anyway, please keep your photos coming all, it's lovely to see "real-life" hair.

Frenchy56

A-List Customer
I did have a middy cut in a few months back but have been too lazy to go back and have it reshaped!

AdrianLvsRocky, I think I might have said this before, but the photos you posted of your freshly-cut middy were so helpful to me and my hairdresser, thank you :D I basically got exactly the same cut as you and I love it, bangs and all, I hope you don't mind :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass